The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Grinding Issues

Death_Toll

Hi,

I checked the forums to see if anyone posted anything about this yet. I found no threads which is surprising lol! I think it's a huge improvement which was overlooked. I find that the current mastery rank system is a bit of a grind. I found out through the warframe wikia that the game plans to raise the rank all the way up to 30 but for now we can only hit max 19. I maxed all frames (except for volt prime), all arch wings (except for prime), all weapons (except for special event ones which is less then 7 weapons) and all kubrows including sentinels and their weapons. In regards to everything I just mentioned, I am still only at rank 18 with less then half exp completed to reach 19. I want to mention that I have been using affinity booster all this time from rank 2 to 18.  I find the mastery rank at the moment could use some improvement because it feels like a huge grind fest lol. If we can barely reach rank 19 how will we reach the other ranks with a higher affinity requirement if it's currently a struggle? The new items, weapons and arch wings launch don't come out fast enough to rank up at a fast enough paste. Since we rely solely on leveling stuff and collecting affinity orbs the only real boost we get is from ranking up frames and other level-able items.  Is it just me and am I crazy? Let me know what everyone think about this?

See link below:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank

Here is the list of all ranks taken from wiki:

Experience needed for each level is calculated by the formula: 2,500 * (Rank²) Rank Image Rank Name Rank Number Next Rank Requirement Total XP Required Test Note None Unranked 0   0 None   Initiate.jpg Initiate 1 2,500 2,500

Corpus
Rank 1-3

Silver-initiate.jpg Silver Initiate 2 7,500 10,000
Grineer
Rank 1-3
Gold-initiate.jpg Gold Initiate 3 12,500 22,500
Grineer
Rank 1-3
Novice.jpg Novice 4 17,500 40,000
Infestation
Rank 12-15
Silver-novice.jpg Silver Novice 5 22,500 62,500
None Gold-novice.jpg Gold Novice 6 27,500 90,000
None Disciple.jpg Disciple 7 32,000 122,500
All Factions
Rank 10-15
Silver-disciple.jpg Silver Disciple 8 38,000 160,000
None Gold-disciple.jpg Gold Disciple 9 42,500 202,500
Grineer
Rank 1
Seeker.jpg Seeker 10 47,500 250,000
Grineer
Rank 1
Silver-seeker.jpg Silver Seeker 11 52,000 302,500
None Gold-seeker.jpg Gold Seeker 12 57, 500 360,000
Grineer
Rank 1
Hunter.jpg Hunter 13 62,500 422,500
Grineer
Rank 1
Silver-hunter.jpg Silver Hunter 14 67,500 490,000
All Factions
Rank 20-25
Gold-hunter.jpg Gold Hunter 15 72,500 562,000

Three Towers
Rank 15-20

Eagle.jpg Eagle 16 77,500 640,000
3 Waves Silver-eagle.jpg Silver Eagle 17 82,500 722,500
35 Targets Gold-eagle.jpg Gold Eagle 18 87,500 810,000

5 Waves
Rank 27-30

Tiger.jpg Tiger 19 92,500 902,500

Grineer
Rank 15

Silver-tiger.jpg Silver Tiger 20 97,500 1,000,000 ? Currently Unobtainable Gold-tiger.jpg Gold Tiger 21 102,500 1,102,500 ? Currently Unobtainable Dragon.jpg Dragon 22 107,500 1,210,000 ? Currently Unobtainable Silver-dragon.jpg Silver Dragon 23 112,500 1,322,500 ? Currently Unobtainable Gold-dragon.jpg Gold Dragon 24 117,500 1,440,000 ? Currently Unobtainable Sage.jpg Sage 25 122,000 1,562,500 ? Currently Unobtainable Silver-sage.jpg Silver Sage 26 128,000 1,690,000 ? Currently Unobtainable Gold-sage.jpg Gold Sage 27 132,000 1,822,500 ? Currently Unobtainable Master.jpg Master 28 138,000 1,960,000 ? Currently Unobtainable Middle-master.jpg Middle Master 29 142,500 2,102,500 ? Currently Unobtainable Grand-master.jpg Grand Master 30 147,500 2,250,000 ? Currently Unobtainable

Also you get MR for Codex scanning, if im not mistaken.

Also As far as I'm aware you can only hit 19 if you've done all events + founder's items.

Lastly, I have about 10 weaps not lvled and I'm at 4/10ths of the way to 19 (I only have 1 Event Weap). So you're definitely missing lots.

Edited by KingIzek

Its been possible to be Rank 19, for grandmaster founders which the OP is, for at least a month or more now.  You must be missing stuff somewhere.  I am mastery rank 19 also and missed out on quite a few event weapons because I took a break awhile back.  I am always curious about new weapons when they come out so I always give them a try, that is pretty much the only reason I am rank 19, I haven't felt I needed to grind anything to get to this rank either. 

Also you get MR for Codex scanning, if im not mistaken.

Also As far as I'm aware you can only hit 19 if you've done all events + founder's items.

Lastly, I have about 10 weaps not lvled and I'm at 4/10ths of the way to 19 (I only have 1 Event Weap). So you're definitely missing lots.

I'm pretty sure you don't get Mastery for codex scanning.  And you don't need to have the founders items anymore to get to 19, but if you are not a founder you will need the event weapons. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Thanks for the information guys. I finished the star chart and I have done most events give or take 90% except I don't farm for prime stuff I just buy the prime access most of the time. Since you get affinity per mission this could explain the difference of what I could be missing. If you guys grind affinity while farming for parts this would make a huge difference XD

Edited by Death_Toll

I am just curious. How many months did it take most of you to reach from rank 0 to 19? Let me know if possible and if you can recall thanks

I've been playing since closed beta, but just recently hit 19.  BUT, I usually am maxed out on available MR, until new weapons are released.  I would have hit 19 a few weeks earlier, but I missed some of the event weapons.  So its hard to say how long it would have taken me.  

I've also been MR19 for quite a while now, and I'm missing weapons. If you haven't reached it yet, you're either missing event items (snipetron, braton vandal, etc), or you haven't actually leveled all weapons yet. The grind only exists if it is your intent to gain more mastery; currently there isn't a whole lot of reason to because nothing is restricted beyond rank 8 or so.

Should there be more rewards for achieving ranks? Of course! And they are still working on that by the last time the subject came up on a devstream.

I am just curious. How many months did it take most of you to reach from rank 0 to 19? Let me know if possible and if you can recall thanks

The time it takes is irrelevant because DE literally needs to release more weapons and frames in order to achieve that rank. Back when I first started, absolute max rank was like 6 or 7.

I've been playing since closed beta, but just recently hit 19.  BUT, I usually am maxed out on available MR, until new weapons are released.  I would have hit 19 a few weeks earlier, but I missed some of the event weapons.  So its hard to say how long it would have taken me.  

k thanks for the info.

I've also been MR19 for quite a while now, and I'm missing weapons. If you haven't reached it yet, you're either missing event items (snipetron, braton vandal, etc), or you haven't actually leveled all weapons yet. The grind only exists if it is your intent to gain more mastery; currently there isn't a whole lot of reason to because nothing is restricted beyond rank 8 or so.

Should there be more rewards for achieving ranks? Of course! And they are still working on that by the last time the subject came up on a devstream.

The time it takes is irrelevant because DE literally needs to release more weapons and frames in order to achieve that rank. Back when I first started, absolute max rank was like 6 or 7.

I am curious. Do you buy prime access or you do farm prime parts?

Its been possible to be Rank 19, for grandmaster founders which the OP is, for at least a month or more now.  You must be missing stuff somewhere.  I am mastery rank 19 also and missed out on quite a few event weapons because I took a break awhile back.  I am always curious about new weapons when they come out so I always give them a try, that is pretty much the only reason I am rank 19, I haven't felt I needed to grind anything to get to this rank either. 

I'm pretty sure you don't get Mastery for codex scanning.  And you don't need to have the founders items anymore to get to 19, but if you are not a founder you will need the event weapons. 

clockwork speaks the truth.

I'm not certain about current content, Chroma and Volt Prime. but prior to that you COULD NOT reach 19 unless you had founder / limited edition items.

This was stated in the WIkia.

As of Update 15.13.7, the current maximum rank is Mastery Level 19, Tiger with 908,796 total Mastery Points.

• Excluding 11 Standard Events, 1 Archwing Event, 3 Founder and 3 Retired items, the current maximum rank is Mastery Level 18, Gold Eagle with 848,796 total Mastery Points

Count your gear:

The 193 Weapons include:

The 30 Warframes include:

The 10 Archwing Weapons include:

The 3 Archwings include:

The 11 Companions include:

Since Mastery does not have a real effect in the game I don't think there is a problem with it being a grind. I think of it more like the Achievement system in WOW. Something to get points towards but no one really cares about.

Although people do reference your Mastery Rank to determine how new you are. It isn't the best method, but all that is available.

Edited by Lightsmith

I'm not certain about current content, Chroma and Volt Prime. but prior to that you COULD NOT reach 19 unless you had founder / limited edition items.

This was stated in the WIkia.

As of Update 15.13.7, the current maximum rank is Mastery Level 19, Tiger with 908,796 total Mastery Points.

• Excluding 11 Standard Events, 1 Archwing Event, 3 Founder and 3 Retired items, the current maximum rank is Mastery Level 18, Gold Eagle with 848,796 total Mastery Points

Count your gear:

The 193 Weapons include:

The 30 Warframes include:

The 10 Archwing Weapons include:

The 3 Archwings include:

The 11 Companions include:

Since Mastery does not have a real effect in the game I don't think there is a problem with it being a grind. I think of it more like the Achievement system in WOW. Something to get points towards but no one really cares about.

Although people do reference your Mastery Rank to determine how new you are. It isn't the best method, but all that is available.

Sorry I should've been more specific. He only speaks the truth about the codex scanning part. :P

This is one of the problem with the event weapons not being re-released. IMO anything that is exclusive should have no mastery affinity attached to it.

Grand-master.jpg Grand Master 30 147,500 2,250,000 ? Currently Unobtainable

That number divided by 3000 gives us 750 weapons or 375 frames.

Even mr19 which im currently at requires us to lvl 301 weapons or 151 frames.

Mr8 or getting rid of every limitation within game requires us to lvl 54 weapons or 27 frames.

Edited by Davoodoo

That number divided by 3000 gives us 750 weapons or 375 frames.

Even mr19 which im currently at requires us to lvl 301 weapons or 151 frames.

Mr8 or getting rid of every limitation within game requires us to lvl 54 weapons or 27 frames.

Holy crap!!! This is good info. I never even thought about it this way. Thanks for the information.