Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mix And Match Dual Melee

OghmaInfinium

I think yes for both pistols and melee weapons. Of course you have to keep the overly strong two handed weapons out of the question, but as long as you're just mixing and matching two swords or two daggers I say go for it. Also, maybe to make it all fair, have blueprints for them?

I knew people would ask for this one day.

No...because if you could wield both Fragor and Scindo that would not be fair at all.

This game is already easy enough.

Um what i dont even know how to reply to that... If we were able to mix and match duel weapons it would be limited to one handed weapons

Um what i dont even know how to reply to that... If we were able to mix and match duel weapons it would be limited to one handed weapons

Exactly! I dont see how it would overpower anything, it would just better the games experience by putting in more ability to personalize your character.

OP here. Guys, I'm not talking about dual wielding two-handed weapons like Scindo and Fragor. I'm talking about dual daggers of different kinds and mixing and matching longswords. For example, a Tenno could carry a Cronus in his/her right hand and an ether dagger in their left hand. As for dual wielding any pistol, there are definitely some issues. For starters Dual wielding Lex's would be overpowered beyond belief, and Dual Broncos would be OP as well. I think it would be cool to have a Bolto in Left hand and a Viper in the other.

Too much effort to make such thing. Game would need to count dmg for each hand over and over again. But mixing pistol with longsword sounds like a good idea.

Not necessarily. It could just do some sort of averaging/combination of the stats so it would work like any other dual melee weapon.

Edited by Skoll85

I'm highly sceptical towards this idea, sure there is a certain flair / coolness factor involved but I think the actual effect does not warrant the effort.
Think about how the weapons are managed at the moment, right now it might even still be doable with blueprint for every different combination, but think about the ever expanding amount of weapons it would be nigh to impossible to keep up.
The only alternative is to redesign and recode the whole arsenal handling of melee weapons.

So in fact I would not hold my breath for a change like that, there a way to much other parts of the game that require attention, so why would the start mucking around with a quite finished part?