Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Dark Sectors Conflicts Pvp Be Either Changed To Pve Again Or Moved To Something Else?

cghawk

not sure if it belongs here or in feedback.

so with Capture The Cephalon now being here as another PVP mode can the dark sectors be changed back to PVE? there is no doubt in my mind that the majority of the players stopped caring about them because they were changed to PVP, which in turn, made it even easier for big alliances to keep a hold of them.

obviously it would be a big waste to just remove the game mode entirely so why not add it into the same window where you can find Capture The Cephalon?

Edited by cghawk

I actually agree with this, having the Dark Sectors PvP now also makes it so that if say 1 side is offering Battle Pay, but the other ISN'T, or 1 side is going to drastically lower the tax, and the other wants it super-high, that it's impossible to play the actual MISSION because it arbatrarily requires players on the other side. so either players waste their time "supporting" the side they want to LOSE and just AFKing or something (therefore missing out on potential Battle Pay) or the existing Rail just simply waits it out and auto-wins the conflict at the end of the timer for the simple reason of THEY WERE THERE FIRST. it breaks the flow of how the rails are supposed to work, and how they DID work back when they were PvE (and actually fun)

also NEWS FLASH, SOME PLAYERS DON'T LIKE PVP! myself included. and with the regular dark sector being out-of-commission while in conflict, removes an option for them from the game entirely. this forces us to wait for the "Conflict" to end before we can get back to actually PLAYING what we wanted to play, and on, guess what? the wrong alliance won because they're entrenched in there and can afford to keep the rail there because they charge excessive amounts in Tax for simply using their rail. making the entire point of players playing the dark sectors, higher drop rates for resources, COMPLETELY MOOT.

Dark Sector "Conflicts" as PvP is broken, unwanted, and unnecessary. make it fun again and bring back what worked.

also, maybe try making a game mode balanced before forcing players to partake in it.(I've heard too often and from EVERYWHERE that PvP is unbalanced as hell) I'm fine with conclave (or at least how it USED to be, a separate PvP relay node on each planet) because it holds nothing over me forcing me to do it for something you can only get there, or locking content behind a PvP wall. it's 100% optional. which, in a PvE game, is what PvP should BE if it's even there at ALL. I remember pre-U7 where DE explicitly stated that Warframe was going to be PvE, and ONLY PvE. with ABSOLUTELY NO PvP. that's one reason I played Warframe. that's why I'm one of the Founders. because it was going to be PvE only. a game mode I actually enjoy and that's too often overlooked.