Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Sucks If There's Any Lag.

Dallas

Its a really good weapon, but when I join games that are slightly lagging, the glaive will turn into a super buggy weapon that won't go where I aim it and for some reason it will do less damage or do no damage at all.

Edited by Porygon

Yeah, sadly that happens (for me, most of the time it only doesn't happen when I am the host...). Sometimes I don't see the path of its flight as if I didn't even launch it. By the way, it has nothing to do with "regular"  weapons when lagged, it's a totally different buggy thing.

the devs are currently reworking how the glaive will work with lag... there is alot of discussion about how the galive funtions as well.

exsample: people say the glaive should cut straight through enimies...

^^^ this is a good idea but could make the glaive super powerful... if this was to happen it would be in the form of a mod like a puncture mod.

I love the glaive in a lag free environment but in lag in make me want to quit  the game just for that reason.

the devs are currently reworking how the glaive will work with lag...

Instead of changing how a weapon works in a laggy game, they maybe should consider fixing the lagg itself. 

On some days over 60% of my games are just flat out not playable (enemies taking over 10 seconds to realise they are actually dead, continuing to shoot at you and actually doing damage, assuming you can hit an enemy who is teleporting back and forth in lightspeed in the first place, making even non epileptics collapse). 

I don't know whats wrong with the connection of these hosts, or how they do manage to connect to the game in the first place with that kind of connection, ruining the experience for other players, but the blame shouldn't be on them in the first place. 

It's flat out unacceptable to have a 2-4 man CO-OP game lagg like this and since I don't want to make this issue about me, think about potential customers coming into the game, experiencing this lagg in their first few games. Good luck earning a dime from them.

Somebody having a S#&$ty connection shouldn't affect anybody but them in a CO-OP game.

If anybody could give me any information about this issue and how DE is going to tackle it (if at all), I would be grateful.

ETA would be even more appreciated.

/E:

Also, for the love of the Tenno, please fix the double reload bug when reloading while throwing the Glaive. 

Guess when the perfect time is to throw this weapon? Boy do i regret using this thing intuitionally while i want to reload my Snipetron.

Edited by Asum

Instead of changing how a weapon works in a laggy game, they maybe should consider fixing the lagg itself. 

On some days over 60% of my games are just flat out not playable (enemies taking over 10 seconds to realise they are actually dead, continuing to shoot at you and actually doing damage, assuming you can hit an enemy who is teleporting back and forth in lightspeed in the first place, making even non epileptics collapse). 

I don't know whats wrong with the connection of these hosts, or how they do manage to connect to the game in the first place with that kind of connection, ruining the experience for other players, but the blame shouldn't be on them in the first place. 

It's flat out unacceptable to have a 2-4 man CO-OP game lagg like this and since I don't want to make this issue about me, think about potential customers coming into the game, experiencing this lagg in their first few games. Good luck earning a dime from them.

Somebody having a S#&$ty connection shouldn't affect anybody but them in a CO-OP game.

If anybody could give me any information about this issue and how DE is going to tackle it (if at all), I would be grateful.

ETA would be even more appreciated.

/E:

Also, for the love of the Tenno, please fix the double reload bug when reloading while throwing the Glaive. 

Guess when the perfect time is to throw this weapon? Boy do i regret using this thing intuitionally while i want to reload my Snipetron.

or they should make it so your reload progress is  saved, because if you ALREADY took out the empty magazine/clip why is it there half a second later? you should just be able to resume putting in a fresh set of bullets.