Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Doing Math On Forum Text (Off Topic)

Renegade343

So, I was bored out of my skull (actually, brain) (actually, sternum) (no, actually, eyes) (I cannot make up my mind on what part of my body boredom is leaking out from, but probably the mouth) (no, wait, I got it! Hands!) (and I should stop making all these things inside parentheses), and I got an idea: 

Since there are players that emulate breasts/butts as the emoticon :3, why not find out the area of the holes (actually, more like open holes) (sorry, I lied about not typing more things within parentheses) from the 3 shown in this forum's text?

And so, I took an image of it, and went to measure it out (measurements and axis are in pixels this time): 

TVvv4RY.png

An approximation, but a good one nonetheless. Then, I did the necessary calculations: 

A = πr2

A = π x 0.9773 pixels

A = 3.0703 pixels

And since there are two identical open holes (as the text "3" has horizontal symmetry): 

A = 3.0703 pixels x 2 = 6.1406 pixels

And there we go. The area of the open holes for the text "3" in this forum at normal size is 6.1406 pixels (and it is a bit of a shame, because it is just slightly less than 2π, which is the angle of a circle) (and there are 12 parentheses in this thread alone, counting this one). 

This calculation is highly imprecise, as its determined by browser zoom, image zoom in geogebra and resolution. 2 of which you have not stated.

A: Browser zoom is 100%, so everything there is fine. 

B: The axis (and image) are scaled in such a way that the axis represent actual pixel size, and that zooming in and out with Geogebra would not affect anything at all (as the image is tethered to two points: The origin, and Point B). That means I can jut zoom in and out to get results without affecting the accuracy of it. 

A: Browser zoom is 100%, so everything there is fine. 

B: The axis (and image) are scaled in such a way that the axis represent actual pixel size, and that zooming in and out with Geogebra would not affect anything at all (as the image is tethered to two points: The origin, and Point B). That means I can jut zoom in and out to get results without affecting the accuracy of it. 

then all is good, good math.