Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Hit Markers And Hud

CapricaSix

Just a couple of optional quality of life changes. These were suggested before long ago, thought I'd post again as a reminder.

Could we get some vague and not so over-the-top hit markers or something along those lines that indicates we've hit and/or killed the enemy? Could be both visual and audible - similar to Call of Duty games yet not as disturbing. The floating damage numbers is the only alternative at the moment, and having the option to turn that off and not having any kind of hit/kill markers doesn't make sense to me. It'd help a lot for those who don't like the borderlands-ish floating damage numbers all over the screen everytime you shoot yet still want to be able to play properly. It would also eliminate the need for the bright red flashes when we're meleeing the enemies which is quite an eyesore to be honest.

It would be also great to have a key assigned to "Hide UI" instead clicking some checkbox somewhere in the options everytime we want to hide or bring it back, as well as including multiple levels of HUD: as in, press the Hide UI key and hide everything, press it again and make everything %50 transparent, press again to return it to normal; in which case the key to hide/show party health and such should also include our own (perhaps cryopod/hostage health should be covered with that as well), so that we can turn it on and off whenever the need arises as we play hudless.

Cheers.

we do have a small red hit marker as well as the option to remove damage numbers but that may be the xp number after kill option.

Yes I'm aware we can turn the numbers off, but I haven't seen any hit markers of any sort, just the crosshair turning red when you aim towards an enemy and the enemies you've melee'd flashing red all over as you slash them. Not exactly what I'm suggesting.

Edited by CapricaSix

Yes I'm aware we can turn the numbers off, but I haven't seen any hit markers of any sort, just the crosshair turning red when you aim towards an enemy and the enemies you've melee'd flashing red all over as you slash them. Not exactly what I'm suggesting.

i see, you want a more visible hit marker than the red dots around the center of the cross hair we currently have, and i agree the red flash on melee'd enemies is a little redundant.

i see, you want a more visible hit marker than the red dots around the center of the cross hair we currently have, and i agree the red flash on melee'd enemies is a little redundant.

I suppose you could say that, considering I've been playing for a very long time and never even noticed these red dots :D so yes, something more hit markery that is preferably both visual and audible, and of course optional.

Edit: Ah I see what you mean now, crosshair used to change to red when you aimed at enemies, now it blinks red when you hit an enemy, or maybe that was just an old bug, who knows. Still could use A LOT of improvements though as its barely noticeable, need something better.

Edited by CapricaSix

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds nice but I would also like a way to increase the size of hit numbers. As it stands now it's almost impossible to see the numbers in close quarters and not really suited for squad play. But for testing purposes it would really be nice. Right now the only way to get a good view of the numbers is recording it. However it's a real pain when dealing with any lag during the recording.

Sounds nice but I would also like a way to increase the size of hit numbers. As it stands now it's almost impossible to see the numbers in close quarters and not really suited for squad play. But for testing purposes it would really be nice. Right now the only way to get a good view of the numbers is recording it. However it's a real pain when dealing with any lag during the recording.

I don't see why not, they really need to expand the HUD customisability.