The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hard Mode + Extreme Mods

PlusEighteen

I'm sure hard mode has been suggested more than once, so I won't go into too much detail with that because what it entails should be obvious (more mobs, possibly different and tougher mobs)

But what I'm hoping is a new idea is for hard mode to have a chance at dropping new mods with higher max power but debuffs to balance them out

For example, Convulsion is 15% electric damage per level and maxes out at 90% electric damage at rank 5

Extreme Convulsion could be 20% per level with a 5% debuff to fire rate maxing at 120% damage and -25% fire rate at rank 5

Obviously DE could tweak whatever values they want to make it more balanced, but the point is they should be stronger than default mods in some ways but weaker in others, and using an extreme mod shouldn't be a clear upgrade/downgrade over the normal one

I'd like to see them able to stack too, it can't be that hard to test a couple mod combinations as opposed to the old system of having to balance for people with 200% sprint speed

Maybe make hard mode available in alerts only, and stronger mods can be the reward for winning (like you get a random one similar to the current system)

With the current mod system there's pretty much a one best loadout to use on weapons, adding in debuffs would let people specialize however they want

Make the mod rare, and it cost ton more mod point cost.

Such as extreme version of seration, cost 8 at the start, but increase 20% instead. It will have 220% total, but cost a total of 19 mod point at the end.

How about

Mods that apply negative effects but give back mod points

You could take a hit to fire rate to be able to put in a few more levels on damage

Since there's only so many slots on a gun choices would have to be made instead of now where the only choice is what damage type to use

How about

Mods that apply negative effects but give back mod points

You could take a hit to fire rate to be able to put in a few more levels on damage

Since there's only so many slots on a gun choices would have to be made instead of now where the only choice is what damage type to use

With Prestige coming, this is totally obsolete.

You must not have been paying attention to the dev livestreams.

Edited by matrixEXO

Totally support the idea of HARD MODE.

My boltor obliterates everything as of now (lvl 62 ancient disruptor? 30 ammo. J3 golem? 30 ammo. lvl62 machinegunner? 40 ammo), and i dont even have my serration maxed (its 120% atm).

I play Volt most of the time, but i only die when im really careless. I imagine playing Rhino i would never ever have to press the Revive button.

Not so sure about extreme mods though.

Id rather see mods that have paired effect (++damage, -accuracy, for example. Or ++reload speed, -fire rate). Ill just go and make a suggestion about it rite awai.

Not everyone has time to watch the live steams or the recorded version. Yea they have to time to play warframe why can;t they watch the stream. Because they have time to play warframe and enjoy themselves. Just saying as I myself never have time to watch the livestreams as summer classes started and when I have free time I use it to play warframe not watch the streams

Not everyone has time to watch the live steams or the recorded version. Yea they have to time to play warframe why can;t they watch the stream. Because they have time to play warframe and enjoy themselves. Just saying as I myself never have time to watch the livestreams as summer classes started and when I have free time I use it to play warframe not watch the streams

How about playing the livestream in the background and use it like music while doing your work.

No, cause who cares?

If they want to add something similar, then good, cause the game really needs something for endgame players to do that isn't just another grind

And until said content is in the game it's just words, I'd rather play the finished product than listen to the devs talk about it before it's set in stone

No, cause who cares?

If they want to add something similar, then good, cause the game really needs something for endgame players to do that isn't just another grind

And until said content is in the game it's just words, I'd rather play the finished product than listen to the devs talk about it before it's set in stone

So, you want something half-baked, half-done put into the game? Then complain about it? The devs said it, it will be in there. You just gotta stop crapping your pants over an idea that was already decided long time ago and is still in development.

And not paying attention to the livestream is your fault so whatever movements about the game, you don't know because you are not interested in it. If then devs decide to suddenly want to add a surprise giveaway for all people who ever watched the stream then you are most likely be the first one not to get it. AT ALL.

Point of matter is, pay attention to the dev Q & A streams since it gives you insight into what's happening behind the product called Warframe.

Edited by matrixEXO