Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Pvp Feedback

imaxium

After playing PvP for the past week, here is my Feedback:

- There should be a warning that you dont have the conclave sigil on and a message on how to get it. 
- Equipped conclave sigils should not remove other sigils in PvE. And conclave sigils should not be "equipped" when I return to PvE. Weapon and warframe mods dont interfere, how come sigils do?

In general abilites are too powerful. 
- a slash dash against an excal will leave him with only 15 health left or outright kill him sometimes. (Full health and shields Chroma one-shoted by rhino charge) http://plays.tv/video/5519ffac59c6b7719c
the problem lies in the ability being spammable since its the 1st ability and there is lots of energy around the maps.

- hv less energy or less damage - because a match of tennos spamming abilities (especially ults - excal and volt) is no fun
Here is an example of how Volt's ult can wipe a team on the Inside map and how spammable Volts ult is (six ults were triggered in the video) http://plays.tv/video/5519e6e585f2aae2e2
- I'd like to see some kind of expanding sphere for volts ult. like mags bullet attractor or something (Main idea being that its a visual que that you shouldnt try to jump over it like a Moa's Stomp)

- Mag's Bullet Attractor bubble is massive, its near impossible to escape espicially if they are using the latron prime with its high damage. I have only managed to escape once, and the duration doesnt wear off for a good about of time

- I've been killed by someone's ability after they have died - mainly volts ult, but sometimes rhino and excals 1st ability (happens when meleeing them and they cast ability at last sec - they die, then ability triggers and I die)

- coptering should consume more stamina. a tenno can currently near 24/7 copter,which makes him extremely hard to hit/catch (Can easily be seen in the videos in this thread)

- the kogake are can troll beginner players, or players without sure footed or handspring really hard by constantly knocking them down, or knocking them down and shooting them (which usually kills them) while they helplessly slowly get up. They can also Stun-lcok players with handspring https://vid.me/21zW

- Why are the mk-1 weapons like the Paris and strun more powerful than the original ones? Mk-1 Strun does 14 damage while the Strun does 9

- Host migration more often than not, crashes the conclave and sends you back to Liset
- There needs to be Servers for PvP modes - cause a bad host can ruin a match

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy conclave. Its way better than the previous conclave. And this feedback comes from someone running Excal and kogake in conclave.

However I recently played with a volt who rushed to capture the cephalodon, and was constantly( yes, constantly) coptering with the kogake, if he couldnt score he would run around the map collecting all the energy and spamming his ultimate with black energy. Since he was constantly coptering and had handspring on, it was extremely hard to defend the cephalodon. It made the few matches I played with him not very enjoyable.

Here was an intense match imo as both sides seemed fairly matched. However, it was hard to see who had the cephalon because everyone was coptering and the cephalon disappears with some mobility moves. Then someone left and the match was closed. (Right after I ended video conclave crashed and i was sent back to the liset. :( The biggest PvP needs right now is Servers. https://vid.me/0Eqq
Edited by imaxium

After playing PvP for the past week, here is my Feedback:

- There should be a warning that you dont have the conclave sigil on and a message on how to get it. 
- Equipped conclave sigils should not remove other sigils in PvE. And conclave sigils should not be "equipped" when I return to PvE. Weapon and warframe mods dont interfere, how come sigils do?

In general abilites are too powerful. 
- a slash dash against an excal will leave him with only 15 health left or outright kill him sometimes.
the problem lies in the ability being spammable since its the 1st ability and there is lots of energy around the maps.
- hv less energy or less damage - because a match of tennos spamming abilities (especially ults - excal and volt) is no fun
- I've been killed by someone's ability after they have died - mainly volts ult, but sometimes rhino and excals 1st ability (happens when meleeing them and they cast ability at last sec - they die, then ability triggers and I die)
- coptering should consume more stamina. a tenno can currently near 24/7 copter,which makes him extremely hard to hit/catch 
- There needs to be Servers for PvP modes - cause a bad host can ruin a match
- Why isnt there a Death match option? When a player is just rushing to get captures (doing nothing else) and bring them back, the matches are so short. ~5min or less

However I recently played with a volt who rushed to capture the cephalodon, and was constantly( yes, constantly) coptering with the kogake, if he couldnt score he would run around the map collecting all the energy and spamming his ultimate with black energy. 
I am afraid of Conclave being ruined by this mentality of finding the most efficient way to win. This mentality is fine for PvE, but PvP I feel should be more about just having fun.

I left in the points i want to comment on.

I agree that there should be a warning if you go into the conclave without the sigil. It also shouldn't change PVE sigils.

It takes 2 Slash Dashes to kill someone in CTC. So i assume it's something like 50 damage per 25 energy which seems pretty ok. The mobility makes it seem worse than it is. 

Ultimate spamming is not possible in the conclave. You need to compete with others to grab the energy orbs and this includes your own teammates. It's first come, first served.

Volt's ultimate is probably the only offender in killing you after he died because his ultimate lingers. I haven't seen Slash Dash or Rhino's Charge kill after death, so that might be lag i don't know.

Coptering should definitely consume more stamina. I made a poll wondering if 75% stamina use on coptering would be good. I'd probably change it to 60% stamina use when coptering.

There should definitely be a dedicated server for PVP modes. A terrible host can ruin a game for a lot of people and cause accusations of hacks with other silly things.

Deathmatch mode was mention to be coming in the recent Devstream i believe.

They made Volt's ultimate visible when using black energy to prevent people from exploiting that. As for the finding the most efficient way to win issue, this will always be present and it is currently a problem in PVE too. People look for the most efficient way to farm at the expense of other's fun sometimes.

I am afraid of Conclave being ruined by this mentality of finding the most efficient way to win. This mentality is fine for PvE, but PvP I feel should be more about just having fun.

I agree with most of what you said except this last part. PvP is about beating your opponent, the fun of it, its the competition. And it's only natural that competitive players find the most effective and efficient way to win, in all kinds of games that's how the meta is established, and it's the developer's job to balance things.

It's worth noting that i was the Volt the OP mentioned, also worth mentioning that i was having fun playing those matches.

I'm glad you were having fun RexSol. You were definitely giving me a run for my money. I guess the ultimate spamming was what bugged me the most, but hey, if I just wanted kills and to win, I'd probably use the exact same tactics. But this thread is about feedback, not last nights matches. Play warframe how you wanna play it.

Now, I've seen other threads asking for bigger maps, which is also a great idea, and I feel it might fix a lot of problems like the copter rushing, and ults sometimes wiping a team because of the small maps.

Now, I've seen other threads asking for bigger maps, which is also a great idea, and I feel it might fix a lot of problems like the copter rushing, and ults sometimes wiping a team because of the small maps.

I hope the team deathmatch modes will have much bigger maps like DS modes. Especially for snipers.

the latron prime

Is overpowered, considering the rate of fire and damage, not to mention you can actually make it silent with hush unlike some other weapons on which it doesn't do as much. Compared to the other weapons available I'd argue it's the most powerful and viable. Also, thought I'd mention too there seems to be a bug where if you are running with the cephalon, it doesn't show in your hand until you stay still.

- I agree with the sigil stuff.

- No problem whatsoever with the power stuff. The ultimates are very avoidable if you notice them during cast.

- No problem with Tenno being able to copter 'constantly' or with the stamina. It's an equal playing field imo. Also: Space Ninjas.

Literally my only complaint is that the Latron Prime is too powerful.

Is overpowered, considering the rate of fire and damage, not to mention you can actually make it silent with hush unlike some other weapons on which it doesn't do as much. Compared to the other weapons available I'd argue it's the most powerful and viable.

Uh, that weapon is one of the few that feels perfect where it is. You also can't make it silent with Hush, it just makes it so you don't show up on the mini-map. :/ If it was overpowered that would mean that I wouldn't be able to kill Latron Prime users with a Braton (which I do regularly).

I had issues with the weapons being under powered for prime versions but what i think they are going for is a balance more people who the original weapons more and they are easier to get. This is fine since you can get the power of a lex but with the prime you get faster firing and a bigger clip making it a equal choice. Abilities are a huge part of this game and 1st abilities need to be somewhat spammable or people who can't aim well would not stand a chance( My aim sucks but my ability use is strategic)