The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe Causes Skype To Slow Down Until Unresponsive On Win 8.1

Shaonia

I'm running Windows 8.1 and whenever I have Warframe open my Skype slows down to a crawl. It takes over 10 seconds for any key presses to register and usually after sending a single message Skype slows down so much it basically freezes. Calls work just fine though, even when the typing has stopped working. I used to have Windows 7 on this exact same machine and I didn't experience the same problem back then. I'm using the regular desktop version of Skype, not the Metro version that came preinstalled with Windows 8.1.

Googling didn't turn up with anything. Has anyone else had the same problem?

EDIT: Temporary solution until DE fixes this: Turn off 64-bit mode from Warframe's launcher.

Edited by Vaykor

Dolby Axon or Teamspeak (I use Axon, as its free)

Teamspeak is also free, you can host a server on your local computer with 32 slots for free. it takes a small bit of work, but i use it for myself and many friends and it works great.

Teamspeak is also free, you can host a server on your local computer with 32 slots for free. it takes a small bit of work, but i use it for myself and many friends and it works great.

This I did not know. The benefit of Axon is you don't need a server. Its host connection :P