Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma P Red Crit

elfkinn

has anyone realized it can now red crit, just wondering and has anyone done it yet. In case you didnt know with the addition of arcane avenger helms soma P can red crit and so can many other weapons if you used a helmet and a syandana that is fully maxed.

Well that's nice. How many enhancements do you have to stack to reach redcrits on soma?

You would need 2 full rank Avenger enhancements and Critical Delay on your Soma's build to reach 113% crit chance. Not really worth going into red territory if I have to put Critical Delay on.

The Amprex on the other hand would reach 165% crit chance.

10, 10 of those hard to find things so is anyone selling any, and it requires you to get hit to activate so like the person above said he was using chroma to take full advantage of this in the level of content it would be useful would require a major tank

You would need 2 full rank Avenger enhancements and Critical Delay on your Soma's build to reach 113% crit chance. Not really worth going into red territory if I have to put Critical Delay on.

The Amprex on the other hand would reach 165% crit chance.

actually you would only need 1 fully ranked one the .1%chance is 10% and a soma with point strike can hit 75% i believe 2 pieces of gear would just increase your chances of doing it, and that is a base crit bonus so its easily above 100% with one

Edited by elfkinn

but this arcane could also allow melee weapons to red crit and secondaries just imagine the power

Very few weapons can reach red crits, even with the arcane enchantment procs. Currently only rifles can, as no other weapon has high enough base crit + their normal crit mods.

A melee weapon would need >35% base crit (true steel, true punishment + max arcane enchantment x2)

A secondary would need ~40% base crit (pistol gambit, creeping bullseye + max arcane enchantment x2)

A rifle can barely do it with 30% base crit (point strike, critical delay + max arcane enchantment x1)

Not sure if Valkyr can do it through Hysteria, but it seems unlikely.

Edited by Moasiac

Very few weapons can reach red crits, even with the arcane enchantment procs. Currently only rifles can, as no other weapon has high enough base crit + their normal crit mods.

im pretty sure some melee can hit 32% crit with there crit mods, and if you added 80% to it they could then red cit

it is according to the wiki that .1 is actually 10% base, also im not trying to point out any power creep since this is only a temporary buff that would require a ton of work to get and a player that has worked for this is clearly doing missions where attempting to activate this by getting hit is a major trade off

im pretty sure some melee can hit 32% crit with there crit mods, and if you added 80% to it they could then red cit

I don't believe that's how it works. It just gives you bonus critical hit chance based off of the weapon's base critical hit chance.

For example, a weapon's base crit is 20%. A 120% bonus to critical chance makes it 32%. Adding on another 80% critical chance would only make it 40%.

I don't believe that's how it works. It just gives you bonus critical hit chance based off of the weapon's base critical hit chance.

For example, a weapon's base crit is 20%. A 120% bonus to critical chance makes it 32%. Adding on another 80% critical chance would only make it 40%.

well there is only one way to find out  how this truly works we need someone to experiment, so if anyone manages to gather these enchantments would they be kind enough to post a screen shot or video of testing it after it procs

Exactly what I was trying to explain. If the boost was additive, then there is no way it wouldn't be nerfed or "fixed".

Exactly what I was trying to explain. If the boost was additive, then there is no way it wouldn't be nerfed or "fixed".

if it is additive it doesn't really need a nerf or fix, activating it in a mission where it is rewarded would most likely get you killed and its not like soma has any fall off with 4 cp so there is no point nerfing anything a 1 hit kill is a 1hit kill if its 50k or 500k.

The description says +0.1. It seems to imply that value is added to the crit chance of the weapon rather than based on its base crit value.