Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Archwing Tutorial Mission: Are You Daft?

Henteko

So, I built the odonata, I started the mission, I got flying-

felt really great btw, but then I got to the point where I have to to destroy the Zeppelin-

Oh, what fun- but wait...

UNARMED.

FUDGING REALLY?!

I googled it and found out I need to have a certain kind of weapon-

really woulda been grand if that had been part of the tutorial-

way to leave out a crucial component.

This game is already 70% game and 30% glitch-

major oversights like this don't help it.

This game has the potential to be grand!
Which is why this infuriates me so much-

potential wasted by incompetence.

Consider this constructive criticism-

just presented angrily.

I know this stuff ain't easy, but you decided to do it, so buck up and do it right or pull the plug already.

When you built the Odonata, did you get the weapons that came along with it in your inventory?  You were suppose to obtain the default weapons for Archwing when the Odonata was built and claimed, but it seems that it may have not been for you.  

Go check your Archwing Mode (Arsenal, right bottom, Select Mode button, click Archwing) for the weapons, you may need to equip them.

If they are not there at all, go to support:  https://warframe.com/zendesk

I have done the quest before, and it gave me the default weapons equipped.  It may have just glitched due to introducing the Select Mode option with PvP 2.0.  DE can look into it too for you if that is the case.  Also make sure to reference this forum topic in the support ticket.

Edited by ScarWDBone13

When you built the Odonata, did you get the weapons that came along with it in your inventory?  You were suppose to obtain the default weapons for Archwing when the Odonata was built and claimed, but it seems that it may have not been for you.  

Go check your Archwing Mode (Arsenal, right bottom, Select Mode button, click Archwing) for the weapons, you may need to equip them.

If they are not there at all, go to support:  https://warframe.com/zendesk

I have done the quest before, and it gave me the default weapons equipped.  It may have just glitched due to introducing the Select Mode option with PvP 2.0.  DE can look into it too for you if that is the case.  Also make sure to reference this forum topic in the support ticket.

I did indeed receive them and now have equipped them, thanks for the help.

Seems it was just another glitch after all (surprised I am not)

Was I supposed to receive a secondary as well?

The game is a work in progress... it will be grand in time

I really, really hope so.

-sinp-

Was I supposed to receive a secondary as well?

-snip-

Archwing mode only has primary and melee weapons, no secondaries.

What Tsukinoki said is correct.  I believe the reason for this is you only have 2 wings on an archwing, which are also used to carry your archwing weapons.  Because of how big Archwing weapons are (to help probably take down big opponents, like the Formorians in the recent event and possibly J3-Golem's re-/improved-appearance coming at some point), you can only really hold 2 weapons on them, so hence only Primary and a Melee were chosen.  Although the Dual Decurion could of potentially been a possible secondary planned due to their pistol like look, but that is just a theory of mine, so it may or may not be true.

Edit: Oh, and you are welcome.

Edited by ScarWDBone13

• 4 weeks later...

Kind of a necro bump but I built the Odanata and don't have the option or button even to equip it in my Arsenal... what's going on? And yes I claimed it from the foundry and it IS in my inventory.

Have you done the 3rd Archwing quest? You cant access your AW Arsenal until thats done.

1) Orokin Sabotage

2) Archwing Excavation.

3) Find Intel.

4) Use Archwing Arsenal, not part of the quest lol

Edited by (XB1)LordPuck

Kind of a necro bump but I built the Odanata and don't have the option or button even to equip it in my Arsenal... what's going on? And yes I claimed it from the foundry and it IS in my inventory.

At the bottom right of the Arsenal it says "Select Mode" click that, then choose Archwing. (This is also how you change your PVP loadout)

Edited by Lightsmith