Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Even The Point, For Me Posting My Concepts?

RadioLarity

What did you think, that just posting your concept-art on the forums you'd have been able to steal Mynki's job?

Also stop with the "Chroma anteater" whining, they already gave you your "badass western dragon helmet" as a standard helmet.

Even after seeing him people still calls him an anteater? Really?

DracChromaHelmet.png

This helmet is soooo sexy. It even makes a ton more sense visually when you use Effigy. 

Edited by EmptyDevil

True. Every artist might think he or she created a masterpiece, when in reality their work just sucks because of this and that reason.

And the biggest issue is when they get butthurt if people dont appreciate their work.

*I invested 2 days in creation of this piece! Now be amazed even if my art is ripoff and utter bullcrap! If you dont ill be angry and gonna rant how nobody understands me and my artistic views!*

There is big difference between art and "art".

This is art

michael-jackson-art-hd-wallpapers-231r1l

This is not:

523.png

i agree with the first half of your post, but what "is art" and what "isn't art" is completely subjective

i agree with the first half of your post, but what "is art" and what "isn't art" is completely subjective

That old "is it art?" argument also has practically nothing to do with professional concept design.

That part of the industry isn't really about creative expression the same way dead pickled sheep are (or ya know, something actually artistic?) - its about the range of your capabilities in various or specific mediums & your ability to translate the thoughts, opinions and ideas of the not-especially-artistic people involved in the project - into the designs.

Sure - some people luck out and get to work on stuff that fits their expressive style - as I'm assume is the case with Mynki & DE - but I betcha they still have to pump out tweaks & retweaks & total revamps like an assembly line occasionally. That's a good chunk of what being a concept artist is.

OP - the fan concepts are just that - FAN concepts - there is no validation cookie awaiting you in the actual game for producing such things. The fact that DE's game and their universe inspired whoever enough to design these things in the first place should be enough for those involved - because they're fans! Not job applicants.

The inspiration to do it in the first place should be the point - not whether or not it will be automatically put into the game if it gets enough Likes. Especially not if it gets enough Likes!

But hey - if the reward is the main thing for you - just don't submit concepts outside of DE's contests.

That old "is it art?" argument also has practically nothing to do with professional concept design.

That part of the industry isn't really about creative expression the same way dead pickled sheep are (or ya know, something actually artistic?) - its about the range of your capabilities in various or specific mediums & your ability to translate the thoughts, opinions and ideas of the not-especially-artistic people involved in the project - into the designs.

Sure - some people luck out and get to work on stuff that fits their expressive style - as I'm assume is the case with Mynki & DE - but I betcha they still have to pump out tweaks & retweaks & total revamps like an assembly line occasionally. That's a good chunk of what being a concept artist is.

OP - the fan concepts are just that - FAN concepts - there is no validation cookie awaiting you in the actual game for producing such things. The fact that DE's game and their universe inspired whoever enough to design these things in the first place should be enough for those involved - because they're fans! Not job applicants.

The inspiration to do it in the first place should be the point - not whether or not it will be automatically put into the game if it gets enough Likes. Especially not if it gets enough Likes!

But hey - if the reward is the main thing for you - just don't submit concepts outside of DE's contests.

my post had nothing to do with professional design, not sure why you felt the need to connect to 2

of course the 2 having nothing to do with each other, im still not quite sure what the point of your post was