Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potatoes Are Too Important

Rabcor

As the title states, i feel that potatoes (especially in weapons) are too important.

Therefore there should be a way to re-use them. it's hard to get your hands on one and when you've put it in a weapon it's permanently there.

It kindof hurts if you decided to put it in a weapon that you then eventually found out you didn't like, or you have another weapon you'd rather have it in.

There is however a solution to this i thought might be plausible.

In short, People should have the ability to remove potatoes from warframes, sentinels and weapons at the cost of destroying the device (that they probably already worked very hard to get, farming component can in some cases take days already, and building a warframe will take at least 3,5 days) it'd also probably be a good idea to add credit's cost, and time to the operation (similar to that it took time to build the device, it'll take time to disintergrate it for the potato)

A good alternative to this for the paying players would be to have the option to instead of doing the above suggested method, paying 5 plats for destroying the device and retrieving the potato. or double the fee (10 plats) and you get to keep the device and extract the potato from it.

Sound's pretty good right? at least we won't be bound to buying a new potato or waiting for the alerts to drop us one if we regret putting it in a wrong device anymore right?

Actually, I don't think destroying the device really works as a drawback here. Chances are that if you're going to pull a potatoe out of a weapon/warframe you're probably not going to use it anymore, so there would be a high probability of players just selling it after de-potatoeing anyway. As the amount of credits you gain from a sold weapon/warframe is quite low, most people probably wouldn't care too much.

overall a good idea, something i thought about also.

Sell the wep/warframe and get the potato back for a fee. The fee should be high enough so that not everyone can do this, say 100-200k credits.

Also, i think that the potato should get locked on the second wep / frame, otherwise, people would just get 3 catalysts and everytime a wep goes to 30 they get the potato back and upgrade another weapon and so on.

There must be a drawback, otherwise it is exploitable.

DE needs the money.

Oooor: make the potato-ed weapon / frame sell for a lot more.

Edited by Symbiont71

i usually potato a weapon when it gets to rank 30 ... if i like it that is

why would you potato a weapon unranked without knowing if you like it or not

Because it gives you more points for modding from the beginning.

And if you seem to like the weapon, why'd you wait till lvl 30 anyway?

Edited by bakaxy

I'm that rare beast that just potato's everything as soon as I get it.

I like to get the best out of stuff ASAP.  I find the initial levelling quite tedious.

I am tempted to call this a stealth free potato thread but it's marginally more creative than most.  So I won't.

I would love for this to happen.

Unfortunately, it is not likely to happen from a capitalist standpoint though.

Doing this will definitely take away some revenue from DE.

Currently if you like a new weapon, you either have to wait a long time before you can craft one or buy one for 20 Platinum immediately.

Making the potato BPs rare is all along a marketing strategy for DE to tempt players to push that button for 20 Platinum which is relatively cheap compared to other items. (DE: If you allow players to buy just 20 Platinum instead of the minimum 75, you might possibly get even more revenue)

If the potatoes can be retrieved after selling away a weapon, there is really no need for players to buy a new one and a total of at least 4 potatoes (1 gold, 3 silver) to a maximum of however many slots they have will suffice.

Assuming that the player does not want to buy a potato or wait to craft one, it is very unlikely that he will spend money to get slots as well so the maximum number of potatoes he will accumulate is equal to the starting free slots (I think 8 total, 2 warframes, 6 weapons).

That means even if the player wants to spend money for all his potatoes, DE will only get a grand total of 160 Platinum which is about slightly more than USD 10.

Taking your proposed alternative, paying another USD 5 to get 75 Platinum will allow a player to try out and potato 15 different weapons (at 5 Plat) or 7 weapons (at 10 Plat) before destroying them.

DE will thus earn a minimum of USD 15 if the player pays for his 8 potatoes. If he does not, DE will earn perhaps USD 5.

I have not yet taken into consideration of the 50 free Plat but if that is taken into consideration, DE earns nothing and the player can try out 10 different supercharged weapons or spend the plat to buy more slots before paying the USD 5 for the same situation as above,.

DE is not likely to take player's effort and time to make the items/potatoes into consideration since these do not directly translate to revenue.

They are supposed to increase probability of getting revenue only (spending time/effort vs spending cash to get immediately).

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

this is mostly a suggestion from my standpoint, the only things i spend plats on are potatoes and color palettes, and i have over 2000 plats since i just upgraded to Master founder pack.

Meaning i can buy around 100 potatoes and it's not like i'm gonna miss the plat i spent on it. i'm just thinking about it this way because the plats currency is quite expensive, giving people a way to re-use a potato instead of buying another one might increase the chances that they'll be willing to pay for it, and they also might not be as reserved about inserting a potato into an item since they can remove it anyways.

I'd be ok with it if this was a plats only thing, that'd be better than nothing. If they make this a plats only thing it's more likely to increase revenue than decreasing it, even if the chance of that also might exist.

As the title states, i feel that potatoes (especially in weapons) are too important.

Therefore there should be a way to re-use them. it's hard to get your hands on one and when you've put it in a weapon it's permanently there.

It kindof hurts if you decided to put it in a weapon that you then eventually found out you didn't like, or you have another weapon you'd rather have it in.

There is however a solution to this i thought might be plausible.

In short, People should have the ability to remove potatoes from warframes, sentinels and weapons at the cost of destroying the device (that they probably already worked very hard to get, farming component can in some cases take days already, and building a warframe will take at least 3,5 days) it'd also probably be a good idea to add credit's cost, and time to the operation (similar to that it took time to build the device, it'll take time to disintergrate it for the potato)

A good alternative to this for the paying players would be to have the option to instead of doing the above suggested method, paying 5 plats for destroying the device and retrieving the potato. or double the fee (10 plats) and you get to keep the device and extract the potato from it.

Sound's pretty good right? at least we won't be bound to buying a new potato or waiting for the alerts to drop us one if we regret putting it in a wrong device anymore right?

I do agree that they are a bit too powerful as a single item, but I like that they force people to commit to something. Mods are a little to non-committal for my taste in a game like this.

I would rather the potato be something that you slowly upgrade it in a similar way that you upgrade mods.

Paying to undo something with credits/plat seems reasonable as well, that is how many other games deal with respeccing.