Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Let Us Buy Warframe Part Bps For Plat.

Xylia

Somehow I feel like buying part blueprints for platinum just seems redundant.  I mean, wouldn't it cost less platinum to just buy the Warframe straight out, instead of spending n amount of platinum (assuming the platinum cost is not cheap) just to get the parts?  I think it'd be easier for the devs to just adjust the drop rates of the parts in question.

Either that, or just stop looking for them.  It's like finding a lost TV remote:  It tends to pop up when you stop focusing on finding it.

EDIT:  Yes, you read that right.  I used "n" as a variable, it is not a typo.

Edited by MusicGamer

Somehow I feel like buying part blueprints for platinum just seems redundant.  I mean, wouldn't it cost less platinum to just buy the Warframe straight out, instead of spending n amount of platinum (assuming the platinum cost is not cheap) just to get the parts?  I think it'd be easier for the devs to just adjust the drop rates of the parts in question.

Either that, or just stop looking for them.  It's like finding a lost TV remote:  It tends to pop up when you stop focusing on finding it.

EDIT:  Yes, you read that right.  I used "n" as a variable, it is not a typo.

There's several scenarios where this would be useful.

Yes, it is cheaper (assuming we use the 120 value) to buy the whole Warframe.

But yet....

What if you go to farm it, and get incredibly unlucky with ONE of the Blueprints (like so many players tend to do) and you just get so sick of killing the same boss that you just want your Warframe already.

So, instead of farming it another 10, 20, 50+ times (or quitting the game in frustration which hurts DE becuase they lose out on future plat purchases for that player), we could plunk down 120 Platnium (which makes DE real money) to get that 1 part to speed it up.

Or what if we're on a tight budget and 120 plat is "meh, okay I'll do it" but 375 plat is "no way, that's too much to spend on a microtransaction"? Then they can farm all but 1 of the BPs, buy the last BP and get their Warframe.

It allows us more options, gives people more incentive to open their wallets (which is something DE should want) and costs DE nothing.

It is a win-win-win for everybody involved and it negatively impacts no one.

Edited by Xylia

Kinda-sorta Off-Topic, but to be honest, I don't know why they stick 3 blueprints on the same boss anyways.

There are dozens of missions scattered throughout the game; most of these missions are run only once unless there's an alert for that mission up.

I don't get why they don't spread the Warframe blueprints out among those missions and make it so that one has a chance to pop from the mission reward. Keep 1 of the blueprints on Jackal; move the other two Rhino blueprints to random missions that people rarely do (ones that aren't Defense/Assassination), and stick them in the Rewards. Or maybe make it that EVERY Venus mission has a chance to drop 1 of the blueprints?

That way we don't have to kill Jackal and nothing but Jackal over and over and over again. We'd have some variety in what we do. Leaving 1 blueprint on Jackal would mean that he's still relevant, but putting the other 2 as random mission rewards would give players more reason to do OTHER missions other than Fossa.

IMO, All Warframes should be like this idea here.

There's several scenarios where this would be useful.

Yes, it is cheaper (assuming we use the 120 value) to buy the whole Warframe.

But yet....

What if you go to farm it, and get incredibly unlucky with ONE of the Blueprints (like so many players tend to do) and you just get so sick of killing the same boss that you just want your Warframe already.

So, instead of farming it another 10, 20, 50+ times (or quitting the game in frustration which hurts DE becuase they lose out on future plat purchases for that player), we could plunk down 120 Platnium (which makes DE real money) to get that 1 part to speed it up.

Or what if we're on a tight budget and 120 plat is "meh, okay I'll do it" but 375 plat is "no way, that's too much to spend on a microtransaction"? Then they can farm all but 1 of the BPs, buy the last BP and get their Warframe.

It allows us more options, gives people more incentive to open their wallets (which is something DE should want) and costs DE nothing.

It is a win-win-win for everybody involved and it negatively impacts no one.

I think this a great idea. I was fortunate enough to only spend a week or so to get a blue print but I constantly hear complaints about this.

Kinda-sorta Off-Topic, but to be honest, I don't know why they stick 3 blueprints on the same boss anyways.

There are dozens of missions scattered throughout the game; most of these missions are run only once unless there's an alert for that mission up.

I don't get why they don't spread the Warframe blueprints out among those missions and make it so that one has a chance to pop from the mission reward. Keep 1 of the blueprints on Jackal; move the other two Rhino blueprints to random missions that people rarely do (ones that aren't Defense/Assassination), and stick them in the Rewards. Or maybe make it that EVERY Venus mission has a chance to drop 1 of the blueprints?

That way we don't have to kill Jackal and nothing but Jackal over and over and over again. We'd have some variety in what we do. Leaving 1 blueprint on Jackal would mean that he's still relevant, but putting the other 2 as random mission rewards would give players more reason to do OTHER missions other than Fossa.

IMO, All Warframes should be like this idea here.

Maybe add more bosses and spread out the blue prints among them.

I think it's a fantastic idea. I've been lucky with my BP drops and got all the parts for 3 different frames in 1-2 days each. But every single time that systems blueprint was the last one to drop and it seemed like it was going to take forever. Throwing down $20+ for a single frame is not something I would ever consider, but i probably would have paid about $5-10 to skip the frustration of farming systems. That's a $5-10 profit for DE rather than the $0 I paid in the end.

Maybe the solution isn't selling individual parts blueprints on the market, but lowering overall frame pricing. Either way I honestly think DE is gaining less money than they could by selling only complete frames at (relatively) high prices.

Edited by Skoll85