The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Trader Is Becoming A Joke

Valkyr-Umbra

LOL look at the ranks on the primed serration T_T I don't think I can handle that much core farming... And the jesus profile icon makes me question the legitimacy of this lol. If you look closely at the number (30) on primed serration, it seems to be a higher resolution than ammo drum's number. Was this information released on April 1st by any chance?

.....Maybe........

LOL look at the ranks on the primed serration T_T I don't think I can handle that much core farming... And the jesus profile icon makes me question the legitimacy of this lol. If you look closely at the number (30) on primed serration, it seems to be a higher resolution than ammo drum's number. Was this information released on April 1st by any chance?

Not to mention 8008 ducats is how you spell 'boob' on a calculator...

You know...for all of us that were children when smart phones didn't exist.

Not to mention 8008 ducats is how you spell 'boob' on a calculator...

You know...for all of us that were children when smart phones didn't exist.

lol and the time remaining, 1 day, 23 hours 44 minutes 55 seconds... LOL and I think the amount of credits might be PI...

I think he could use a slight tweak from the one new item bi-weekly;however, I like there being options for different people who have different interests.

Something like:

Two to three old items, Two to three new items, One to N reoccurring item(s) (Idk something useful that doesn't feel like an immediate obligation)

I.e:

Primed restores/ Void extractors / Keys(always a problem with making these purchasable / etc.

I think with the limited number of goods he has that coming every weekend would be a good idea ,

If he's only showing up everyother week I agree he should be selling more items that are new and a few older items that new players didn't get a chance to get ,

I'm still a young Tenno , just a couple months into the war , so I still get excited when he shows up but would love to see more selection from him

READ AT LEAST THIS BEFORE POSTING PLEASE: I offer constructive feedback in this post. Read my post or leave, don't just look at the subject line and come here with a knee-jerk reaction. The subject states what I consider to be the problem, I go on to explain it in detail, and propose solutions. (I needed to add this as people are oversimplifying this thread as whining, which it isn't).

your tone and the overall writing of this post regretfully only allows it to be marked as whining, and its a shame because you did have a good proposal between all this unnecessary rage.

Something Most People Will Probably Agree With: Many of us have way too many ducats and not enough to spend them, and most people seem to agree less grind is better. What if we could use ducats on items to reduce the grind? For exampe, we could buy R5 cores from void trader for 10 ducats each? It would give veterans something to do with our spare ducats, and more casual players wouldn't miss out on cool gear (I'd still like more cool gear, but this would help, at least). 

this may be good, actually you could make this one permanent on the ducat kiosk and no one would mind.

Maybe every week we get a new cosmetic AND a primed mod or weapon (something useful, not just cosmetics). Speaking of useful offerings, the weapons that Baro'ki Teer offers haven't exactly been OP... but that's another issue for another thread.

that is not happening, if they made this they would have Prisma Variants of all weapons in about a year, which would push max mastery up by far and they already need weapons to add to the Tenno Reinforcements so they cant spare people to design a weekly Prisma, not to mention Prisma weapons unlike regular ones don't have any chance of generating profit.

and there is only so much primed mods you can add without breaking the game(or at least make current fault glaringly obvious).

third they were never meant to be OP, but they certainly are more useful / powerful than regular variants and at least Prisma Gorgon is improved in exactly the stat it needed to kick even Gorgon Wraith out of the table.

Maybe Baro'ki Teer visits us weekly instead of bi-monthly. Or, maybe instead of reducing the amount of items he sells, DE reduces the price of the offerings. There are other ways to fix the alleged problem of to much void trader grind than "nerf void trader inventory".

you seem to think the repeating of items is related to prices when i'm pretty sure its related to time windows, the point was not so you didn't need to farm ducats but for those who couldn't log in time have another chance to buy them, also destroys the ridiculous speculative prices of ducat items on trade, also that would still generate saturation of items and even more work for designers... and you should had used bi-weekly (as bi-monthly also means each 2 months to so it should be avoided)

lastly...

Even if it isn't a majority, but is just a sizable portion of the community (which it clearly is)

under 100 post adding up all threads, "sizable" is so much an overstatement its ridiculous.

The nexus kubrow skin has nothing special about it. It's literally just a fur pattern with no unique visual effects. 

the spirals are actually pretty cool it looks way better than the fur patterns in the winter sale. 

and allow those unable to buy the normal ones a way to paint those ugly spotted dogs

The yamako syandana has nothing special about it beyond how its physics still aren't fixed (same as all other yamako variants.

i missed that one i hope it comes back this week to add it to my collection... i mean i have 2 or 3 imperator variants what damage could this one make

The Prisma sigil has nothing particularly special about it.

agreed its just so-so it should at least have particle effect or shinny energy like the top syndicate ones.

The prisma liset is, to be fair, very cool and colors the bottom of your liset so you can finally find it in a relay (!!!). 

agreed the best Liset decor and it was free!!!

Baro's noggle is just scraping the bottom of the barrel. It neither has any interesting visual FX nor any use ingame.

to be fair this on is in my Liset because... for the love of good i can't find it in myself to waste plat in "normal noggles", i would buy a palette weapon slots even a kubrow egg instead of those... i guess they could add them an interaction, sorta "press X to play sound" but that wouldn't work with Tenno Noggles

your tone and the overall writing of this post regretfully only allows it to be marked as whining, and its a shame because you did have a good proposal between all this unnecessary rage.

You're dead wrong here, no rage, simply exasperation at what I perceive to be a problem. I'm not a robot, and when I express my opinions, a certain amount of feeling will come with them (and I was very subdued, the standard isn't "express no emotion"). Characterizing my post as "rage" is a dramatic overstatement at best, mischaracterization at worst, and makes me less inclined to take your criticisms seriously.

you seem to think the repeating of items is related to prices when i'm pretty sure its related to time windows, the point was not so you didn't need to farm ducats but for those who couldn't log in time have another chance to buy them, also destroys the ridiculous speculative prices of ducat items on trade, also that would still generate saturation of items and even more work for designers... and you should had used bi-weekly (as bi-monthly also means each 2 months to so it should be avoided)

My point is that there are other, more simple ways to fix the problem of too much grind than nerfing void trader inventory (in the recent devstream DE cited the increase in grind as the reason for the reduction in new offerings). Apologies for the poor grammar, I am aware the difference between by-weekly and bi-monthly...

that is not happening, if they made this they would have Prisma Variants of all weapons in about a year, which would push max mastery up by far and they already need weapons to add to the Tenno Reinforcements so they cant spare people to design a weekly Prisma, not to mention Prisma weapons unlike regular ones don't have any chance of generating profit.

and there is only so much primed mods you can add without breaking the game(or at least make current fault glaringly obvious).

third they were never meant to be OP, but they certainly are more useful / powerful than regular variants and at least Prisma Gorgon is improved in exactly the stat it needed to kick even Gorgon Wraith out of the table.

1. Prisma could be an alternative to primed weapons. Just as we don't have all primed weapons in a year, we wouldn't have "Prisma Variants of all weapons in about a year".

2. DE introduced prime mods, and haven't cited them as unsustainable/a reason for the reduction in void trader inventory, so I am not going to speculate that they can't keep it up (not all primed mods need to be OP, some can just provide different ways of playing),. For example, primed reach is reasonably balanced, you don't need to put it on every melee (many don't even use it at all, but for those of us who do like it, it can be at times fun and useful to use.

3. My point, for this section as a whole, is that the weapons the void trader is giving out are good for little else than master fodder. If you have one of them already built and forma'd there is little to no reason to potato/re-forma the new version, unless you're absolutely in love with the weapon (also, you'll notice that I let this one slide. I wasn't going to argue it, as its not a major sticking-point for my argument, but I guess I just did that anyways...) Frankly I feel that it would be better to make these weapons into skins, with minor stat increases for the base weapon, rather than new weapons.

lastly...

under 100 post adding up all threads, "sizable" is so much an overstatement its ridiculous.

Personally, I believe that a majority of players are are dissatisfied with void trader, not just a sizable portion. This is an assertion based off of my perception, backed up by my experiences (via 2 screenshots) both of which show negative player feedback (maybe it was less than a hundred posts, but it was represented an extremely large portion of the posts present in the screenshot I posted). 

I have no reason to believe that the community as a whole is satisfied for the void trader (especially the demographic I am speaking for, veteran endgame players) and good reason to believe that a sizable portion of it is dissatisfied (I would go so far as to say a majority, but in order to be fair, and not a rage-thread, I held back).

Number of posts is not the be-all-end-all in terms of player opinion, and this thread has clearly received more support than negative feedback. 

Edited by Snowman486