Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Else Miss The Old Conclave?

-dicht.ThanksFrost-

I used to have so much more fun on it. At least it's not nearly as frustrating as it is now.

This is a post to immortalize my feeling toward current PvP.

What we had before, was not balanced at all. But it was special because the C community came together and made it balanced and I think that was what was so great about it.

In the avid PvP circle, we as a community created a game mode that centralized around gun play. Now warframe PvP is all bo prime spam and ability spam. Its a miracle if someone kills me with a rifle or a pistol anymore.

Ill be quite frank, I was much worse in conclave 1.0 than 2.0 and that's because 1.0 made me more familiar with the movement mechanics and aiming while in air. Things that many players lack in Conclave 2.0 that avid 1.0 players don't. But it seems that as people find more powerful means to kill people, that style of play is less and less viable. Powers are auto aim or LoS or AoE whats the point of using parkour skills to dodge bullets. The curve in PvP has changed, from learning the mechanics (like a good shooter) to spamming exploits.

Thus as I keep playing PvP, I miss the old conclave more and more. It seems that the devs fail to understand that you cannot integrate pve aspects into a PvP game. So many games tried this and failed and Warframe PvP seems to be apart of this statistic,

So what about you guys, do you prefer the high octane, parkour/gun play centric pvp 1.0. Or do you like the direction it is going about now?

I miss it. People complained about being one shot, but at least we had parkour and aiming skills involved... Now we have channeling spam and Abilities one shots, much less skillful game play, less parkour and aiming skill involved. I guess its what the player base always wanted. No point in complaining though. Old Conclave is not coming back. Hopefuly it will get better as they polish the new PvP, can't wait for the TDM and DM game modes and new maps, as well new weapons and Warframes.

So what about you guys, do you prefer the high octane, parkour/gun play centric pvp 1.0. Or do you like the direction it is going about now?

I definitely prefer the direction it's going about right now.

Also I don't see a reason to NOT create a "no abilities" custom gamemode or something. I also prefer gunplay.

The old conclave was too chaotic though.