The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Low Performance With Low End Computers Since 16.2

FrostedMike

It's been noted on the update log for update 16.2: 

• Added various performance improvements for low spec computers.

I have a low end computer, so far I see the exact opposite: the game is having trouble to run smoothly, when I get into a mission with other people and even solo the game freezes very frequently for a short amount of time (1-2 second freezes and about 3 seconds between each freeze), after a while I get kicked out of the mission. It started to happen after update 16.2.

I tried varify and optimize the game, I see no difference.

I'm playing at the lowest options you can get in the game and I usually have 30 fps.

I have 4 giga ram on my laptop, it's good enough to run games like Skyrim smoothly.

A new computer is not an option.

Edited by CommanderSpawn

I had an old GPU and after the non-Physx particle system i experienced a huge drop, but after upgraded the GPU driver to the newest, some of the lost fps returned to serve me well.
Some weeks later upgraded my old 9500GT to a 730GT and its worth it for me, high framerate, max graphics and no problem with the new particles.
So you can check for driver upgrade, clean your laptop, maybe upgrade you GPU if its an option.

A new computer is not an option.

I had an old GPU and after the non-Physx particle system i experienced a huge drop, but after upgraded the GPU driver to the newest, some of the lost fps returned to serve me well.

Some weeks later upgraded my old 9500GT to a 730GT and its worth it for me, high framerate, max graphics and no problem with the new particles.

So you can check for driver upgrade, clean your laptop, maybe upgrade you GPU if its an option.

How do I do it?

Yep, same problem here, i hope they fix this real soon, because i can't play for 10 freaking minutes with those stutters. Stopped playing completly after U16 was launched.

Edit: Got drives up to date, DirectX 10 and 11 enabled. Multithreaded Rendering ticked.

Edited by Kelkha

I see, not only a separated low spec problem. Maybe check the launcher settings for unexpected auto DirectX 10/11 allowing.

If you guys, can investigate the main reasons of this performance drop, maybe they can fix it faster.

I mean, automatic drop in Liset too or only when you kill an enemy or only if you see specific enemy/s or tileset problem.

Post it for better answers/ faster fix.

I see, not only a separated low spec problem. Maybe check the launcher settings for unexpected auto DirectX 10/11 allowing.

If you guys, can investigate the main reasons of this performance drop, maybe they can fix it faster.

I mean, automatic drop in Liset too or only when you kill an enemy or only if you see specific enemy/s or tileset problem.

Post it for better answers/ faster fix.

omg.why do you always saying that disabling dx10/11 must help?with dx11 enabled i have(on my cheapy gt710) more fps that on dx9.dx9 - 50-60fps/dx11 - 70-80(only in liset)

omg.why do you always saying that disabling dx10/11 must help?with dx11 enabled i have(on my cheapy gt710) more fps that on dx9.dx9 - 50-60fps/dx11 - 70-80(only in liset)

Some of the entry card of Dx11 have problem with some situation, like particles or many entity or the big open maps, i know it is more efficient than Dx9, but need aviable processing power.

The ony thing what i can say now is the new PBR's, Grineer tubes with more reflections, require more power from lower spec's.

Some of the entry card of Dx11 have problem with some situation, like particles or many entity or the big open maps, i know it is more efficient than Dx9, but need aviable processing power.

The ony thing what i can say now is the new PBR's, Grineer tubes with more reflections, require more power from lower spec's.

Why warframe using 40-50% of gpu when lagging?Its wery strange.

IF you seem capped at 30 fps or extremely close to that, disable 'vsync; OR switch to 'adaptive vsync' under display options.

Normal vsync will cap your framerate at 30 fps if you're between 31 and 59 fps to prevent screen tearing.

Re: Short freezes, monitor your ram usage with the task manager. You may be running out of ram and writing to the computer hard drive instead of ram in intensive situations.

Edited by Pythadragon