Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Worth It To Raise A Kubrow?

ArnoAgius

Question

11 answers to this question

Yes, it is. Kubrows have MUCH higher health and damage than Sentinels, and can be revived. If you get a Sahasa, it'll dig up health, energy and credits for you.

Lots of people will say Kubrows are rubbish because you need to spend 25k credits to get them to last easily for 16 days (which in 16 days, 25k credits is nothing)

It depends on who you ask, but I much prefer Sentinels. Kubrows are more powerful (with the right mods) and can be resurrected, unlike Sentinels, but carry a lot more maintenance to go with it. 75,000 credits a month to keep it alive, I think. Also if you let it die too much it will run away from you.

They deal a lot more damage and won't die from any AoE attack like Sentinels, and won't occupy all your weapon mods, but they cost way too much and have too crap AI to be worth it in my opinion.

Also, they can't scan enemies, so I favor sentinels.

Biggest Problem i have with Kubrows, if you suddenly don't ahve a chance to go onlien in warframe for a few days you will have to spend the next few days with making your Kubrow useful again. And if you suddenly can't come online for a longer time well then its dead.

I don't get how people can complain about the 75k in DNA stabilizers especially if you're able to efficiently do sechura on pluto. Its a joke to get 75k there if you have a speed nova. Anyways I feel like Kubrows are worth it. I take my raska solo into T4 survival and ODS solo up to 40 min+. If i were to bring a sentinel it would just die to AOE. Not to mention generally my raska does a good job of keeping my shield up. The sentinel guardian mod isn't bad, but the cooldown on it blows when stuff gets rough.

That being said if you don't have proper mods for a kubrow don't bother with them though. Kubrows take ALOT of forma as well. I think I have 6 formas on my raska so far. I also avoid taking my kubrow into higher level defense missions as well. Sentinels are way better if your not willing to waste alot on your companion mod/forma wise.

Well I have 6 kubrows in stasis, sometimes when I feel like it I take one out, play some games and then most likely I will put them back into stasis again, because yeah, I have 4 forma Carrier and 4 forma Sweeper, and well this combo works like magic for those knockdowns from blast proc.

But either way if you have enough resources (which shouldn't be a problem if you are higher mastery rank, and have been in this game for some time) I suggest have one from each class of kubrows.

Edited by gvidzix

huras kubrow is amazing if you don't have loki or want to use some other wf being invisible besides loki. Shade sentinel has way worse invis trigger than huras kubrow. But also you need to revive kubrows once they get down and you need to apply DNA stabilizers every 4 days.

Don't buy them - just do earth missions and destroy kubrow huts. You'll get the egg eventually.

And as others have said, kubrows are very good for mastery rank (if you're aiming to max it)