Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argh, My Trees. :( (It's Amazing How Irritating Small Issues In Ui Are)

[DE]Momaw

I use tabbed web browsing, which isn't uncommon at all nowadays...What's strange about me is that I put my tabs on the SIDE rather than the TOP.  I use an addon for firefox that further customizes the experience by letting me use tab trees, that is, tabs are organized in a relational way depending how they are opened. So when you see something like this:

0JqcTW3.jpg

It's immediately obvious how all of the open tabs relate to eachother. When I open a link with a middle click it opens in a new tab, which is assigned as a child of the tab it opened from.  Neat. Tidy.

Or, that was the way it worked yesterday. Now thanks to some recent auto-updated magic that never asked for my permission to break stuff, middle click is opening links as a new top level item and appending to the end of the tree, instead of making the new tab a child. The relationship of tabs to eachother is completely destroyed. To get the functionality that is now basically a reflexive action, I have to right click and then choose "open in new tab".

Small issue.

MASSIVE IRRITATION.

Edited by Momaw

That sounds infuriating.

I wonder why middle click and right click->open in new tab are treated differently...

I have been having a loosely similar issue. About a month ago the dev build of Chrome got an update that broke default scale on some pages. This includes the standard view image page. Even at maximum page zoom it is still far smaller than it should be. This forces me to copy the links into my firefox install if I need to read text on an image.

Edited by egregiousRac

That sounds infuriating.

I wonder why middle click and right click->open in new tab are treated differently...

Apparently firefox version 37 broke it, and the newer version of Tree Tabs that fixes it is not set to update because it's not been reviewed by mozilla.  :|

Whatever. Works fine. Sanity restored. o/

Apparently firefox version 37 broke it, and the newer version of Tree Tabs that fixes it is not set to update because it's not been reviewed by mozilla.  :|

Whatever. Works fine. Sanity restored. o/

Ew, Mozilla refuses to let extensions auto-update without review now?

It is amazing how every change they make moves them closer and closer to Chrome. At this point even the menu button looks identical.