Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Nyx: Physic Bolts

Noabettiet

Being a great fan of NYX and her abilities,however i really think this is the one ability that falls behind pretty much every other ability from her deck and honestly one of the top 10 worse abilities.

It is unreliable and sort of illogical to use most of the time. My suggestion would be to make this homing bolt skill, pass thou walls and simultaneously work as a way to show the location of enemies on the radar as an utility, WHILE also dealing a radiation proc, instead of slash.

It kinda makes sense on my mind like this, it is a ability that comes from a mind manipulation kind of warframe, so it kinda makes sense if the ability was some short of mind wave that could damage enemies via telepathy of some sort. 

The utility would be to just make them visible on the map/radar for a short period of time, without alarming them, witch blends well with nyx, right?

Edit:

Added the radiation proc suggestion.

Edited by akkerusia

all i have to say to this is.

tell that to my solo nyx runs in t4 surv,

40 min and up, using only a primary gun and no not always boltor prime and the only power i use is her bolts.

get real tired of this gripe.

people everyday nyx bolts suck....

literally just learn to play better, not every power is gonna be op nor should it.

Actually it already passes through walls but you have to be aware of the enemy you're trying to hit in order for it to work. Psychic bolts is actually a great power especially with the augment. The thing that makes it the most useful is the fact that you can use it while reloading staggering enemies for a moment and doing some damage while reloading.

I am glad that you guys enjoy the suggestion and i do agree with you Halisi, however it* still is unreliable and doesn't quite separate well from the shuriken from ash.

While pacifying bolts might make the skill somewhat acceptable, it shouldn't just be the case. Warframe has had enough band-aids and i'd hate this would be one of them. 

*edit

Edited by akkerusia

Well if you use the argument mod it is good for CC during chaos is allready running(what gives nyx something what you really need), without the mod however it is quite pointless. In my opinion the CC should be part of the ability to begin with and the argument should disarm the target on top of it. This is not because loki actually can do chaos better then nyx with his argument mod, but because melee targets are far easier to control during chaos, since they will run up to the closest target(if you watch your distance this will be never your frame), what would make the ability overall more useful and still give a very good reason to use the syndicate mod. 

Well if everyone is missing like a derp you gain more time to blast people down.

Which pretty much would be counterproductive, if it increased also the duration on mind control.

No offense that is a terrible idea. Not only it would be a waste of energy, it would be an waste of time too. Chaos already deals with large crowds , making them pretty much kill themselves instead of you and is more accurate than some random beams with a mind of their own.