Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Weapon Set Loadout Bonuses

Seamur

Latest update inspired me to post this.
To encourage/inspire players to use different weapon sets give players "Set Bonuses".
With our current system it would be possible to give 2 different "set" bonuses
One that takes into account what weapon types you have and give bonuses to those accordinly
(example)
Primary only: increased primary ammo pickups 100%, 10% dmg, 20% reload speed
Secondary only: increased secondary ammo pickups 100%, 10% dmg, 35% increased mag capacity
Melee only: increase stamina 100%, stamina regen 100%, dmg 50% and melee combo counter lasts longer
Primary and Secondary: increase ammo pickups by 25%, dmg 10%, reload speed 20% weapon swap 25% faster
Primary and Melee, Secondary and Melee would use simmilar format.

Another way to implement those bonuses would be using weapon sets based on their origin/design
(example)
equipping Prime only weapons (10% dmg, 25% crit chance and 0.5 crit dmg bonus)
Grineer (25% dmg bonus -10% accuracy, -10% firerate)
Corpus (10% dmg increase, 25% increase projectile velocity, 25% ammo capacity)
Stalker (+100% crit chance and +0.5 crit dmg multiplier)
and many more as they are being implemented (tenno,infested,dex,vandal,wraith and possibly faction weapons (which already have their special bonus by faction power explosion)

First type of set bonuses could stack with second type (using only primary, grineer weapon would give both set bonuses).
Just an idea that popped in my mind today xP

Thought TF2 only had hats xP
It doesnt restrict you in any way as you dont lose anything by using your normal weapons, it would actually add some weapons to the meta.
Idea of equipping single weapon for greater bonus is sound in my opinion, you are actually lowering your potential (no secondary= no shooting while dying, no melee= no quickmelee/copter) for increased proficiency with that single weapon.

No, set bonuses is a horrible idea, i want to be able to choose whatever combination i want.

We could have bonuses for leaving a weapon type behind, for example

If you take only a Primary you get extra max ammo.

If you take only melee you have extra stamina regen.

If you take only Secondary, faster reload, or something. or better accuracy or whatever.

but NO SET BONUSES

tbh I'm surprised how much people dislike "sets" idea xP I mean even if you just pick grineer weapons there are plenty of those to choose from and most of them are crappy, the bonus from "set" wouldnt change the game as you dont LOSE anything by not using weapon sets...

sure even small bonuses would work
pressure ? nah if its small bonus people would most likely ignore it... but personally I think its nice idea that will rather than pressure, encourage different loadouts

like the ideas, but your numbers are too high imo (stalker set bonus would give dread guaranteed red crits f.e.). also maybe a better (more balanced) approach would be to not affect the weapon stats but rather apply SMALL boni to warframe QoL like +25%mana, +5%efficiency, +10% sprint speed etc.

also dont forget the unique tenno sets (akjagara+tigris+redeemer; soma+aksomati+raza) those need to give a bonus too.

I hate set bonuses in any game; I might like that helm, with those shoulders and those pants and that top but those shoes simply won't do ... *flicks hand* - and my character would look FABULOUS ... but, I'd lose out on the set bonus. I don't want to be forced into a particular loadout to get nice bonuses, that would effectively ruin the other items that don't get a set bonus and Tenno would likely end up looking the same. 

So my vote is a resounding "thank you, but no."

Edited by SR-02

tbh I'm surprised how much people dislike "sets" idea xP I mean even if you just pick grineer weapons there are plenty of those to choose from and most of them are crappy, the bonus from "set" wouldnt change the game as you dont LOSE anything by not using weapon sets...

You are making Frames more powerful when using sets. Why? You don't think you kill fast enough?

How about the opposite then: You get NEGATIVES when not using sets. Same effect overall, but of course people won't like that.

Everyone wants "more damage" which means "less challenge", that's the problem.

Edited by DSpite