Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change Soma Sounds Back Please.

Zerkev

It sounds like some dude over at DE put in a cheapo silencer to me...

Well you have to remember. This is supposed to be a standard machine gun that happens to have a high clip capacity. This isn't technically labeled as a light machine so you're not shooting large rounds like a light machine gun would. This isn't, in my eyes, supposed to sound like a Gorgon or something but I certainly was not happy with the previous "prime" weapon sound it had before. And to be honest silencers aren't nearly as effective as most video games make them out to be. None the less to me the sound is right in the middle of a sub-machine gun (the explanation of it's fire rate) and a nice beefy normal machine gun (the style of weapon and heavier thump to the shot sound).

This is all my personal opinion and if I were to design a sound for a gun like this it would be very similar. Probably just a bit louder so the thump of these shots wouldn't be so distinct, but that's because I'm not the best sound designer out there and I've still got a lot to learn!

Well you have to remember. This is supposed to be a standard machine gun that happens to have a high clip capacity. This isn't technically labeled as a light machine so you're not shooting large rounds like a light machine gun would. This isn't, in my eyes, supposed to sound like a Gorgon or something but I certainly was not happy with the previous "prime" weapon sound it had before. And to be honest silencers aren't nearly as effective as most video games make them out to be. None the less to me the sound is right in the middle of a sub-machine gun (the explanation of it's fire rate) and a nice beefy normal machine gun (the style of weapon and heavier thump to the shot sound).

This is all my personal opinion and if I were to design a sound for a gun like this it would be very similar. Probably just a bit louder so the thump of these shots wouldn't be so distinct, but that's because I'm not the best sound designer out there and I've still got a lot to learn!

Still it's not something I like. The sound's not as powerful as before.

Lately there have been many unnecessary sound changes. Complete waste of money and time.  The first Soma Prime sound change was nice, it changed it from the regular Soma sounds to what a Orokin Soma would sound:  Sleeker and Quieter.  After initial resistance, I quickly embraced its whirring higher pitch, being easier on my ears and frankly more satisfying over all. Made me think more of that slashing and piercing bullet as it travelled.

Now it sounds completely generic. Like a cross between the Mk-1 Braton and an Airsoft or Paintball gun.  Using Synapse and Amprex more again because of this.

@Lee Amatsu

I think that's because other players, spectres etc use a different sound when we hear them, the "world" sound if you will. While when you fire it yourself, it sounds different. It's not just your spectre. I think. Yes?

Haven't quite heard from another player using a Soma just yet so I'm not sure yet.

EDIT: Yup other players' Soma's sound are still the old sound. WTF DE

Lately there have been many unnecessary sound changes. Complete waste of money and time.  The first Soma Prime sound change was nice, it changed it from the regular Soma sounds to what a Orokin Soma would sound:  Sleeker and Quieter.  After initial resistance, I quickly embraced its whirring higher pitch, being easier on my ears and frankly more satisfying over all. Made me think more of that slashing and piercing bullet as it travelled.

Now it sounds completely generic. Like a cross between the Mk-1 Braton and an Airsoft or Paintball gun.  Using Synapse and Amprex more again because of this.

'sounds completely generic' <-- I completely agree to that. I hate how DE lumped Soma Prime in with the standard issue rifles.

Edited by LeeAmatsu

The sound is way, way weaker sounding. The old sound had that really nice pop to it, like the crack when an actual gun fires. I liked with the prime how it was a kind of energy sound overlaid over the normal soma's fire. Now it just sounds super generic and really weak. The soma is a beast and should sound like a beast, but now it just sounds all pewpewpew like I dunno, a kid's toy blaster. It has no punch to it, it's a little bassier but it doesn't pop at all.