Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wanna Help Me Render Something Into English That Google Translate Cant?

GunDownGrace

призак

yes i know it's pronounced "prizak"..i should know since im the one that picked it

and if memory serves me correctly,it means something roughly equivalent with "seeing"...but apparently google translate cant understand what it means,so finding the english word that best fits is rather difficult

so,anyone with abit less rusty expertise in russian than me want to "see" (pun intended) about this?

Edited by GunDownGrace

Did you mean "Призрак" ("prizrak", ghost in english)? From what I know, the word itself definately has something to do with seeing, because there is a word with a similar root, which came from the old times, "узреть" ("uzret'", to look at with amazement). If you want the translation of the word you need to have the feeling of "seeing", you can go with "phantom" or so. 
Hope this helps!

Edit: by the way, the word "зрение" ("zrenije", sight, an ability to see) also has the same root as the word you want to thanslate. Actually, in russian language the word "призрак" originally had the meaning of "something you've seen and mistaken for sth else", basically an illusion or mirage. 
And yes, I googled the word "призак", and it definately doesn't exist- all the results I got were the misspells of the word "призрак". 

Edited by TheDarkness506

Maybe you mean призрак? Then призрак (prizrak) translates like 'ghost'.

And "roughly equivalent with "seeing" is видение (videnie) or vision or wrath or apparition.

Призак just misleading writing of призрак i guess.

Maybe you mean призрак? Then призрак (prizrak) translates like 'ghost'.

And "roughly equivalent with "seeing" is видение (videnie) or vision or wrath or apparition.

Призак just misleading writing of призрак i guess.

wrath is synonym of rage, i think you mean wraith,still i wouldn't use that word thought as it's a bit too specific