Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add-Ons (Hud/ui)

Wubong

so was browsing the forums for anything about hud addons (as nearly ALL MMORG's these days has a section about addons - i dont mean "skin" addons you buy off the market) and found a post from around 2 years ago with no dev answer. either the devs dont want it or they havent thought about it. i kinda think its a good idea as it lets the players get "creative" - so to speak- and design thier own HUD/UI for ingame use. im only wondering as the radar mods/"loot" mods for the frames dont even work :/

would be nice to have a notification of where said mod or resource dropped on the map instead of running around like a headless chicken seeing if anything dropped whilst you were on the other side of the map doing an objective.

i havent played long (barely a day) so i know many of you would ignore this as soon as you see it posted, but ya'know. just a nice idea for the community.

have a good one guys :p

Do you mean Hud customisation? Like being able to manually move the elements of the HUD around?

If so, yes, we should have it, and should have gotten it a LONG time ago, but hey, it took them over 2 YEARS to make an unstuck feature, so expect it to be another year or two before we get anything as convenient as that.

not even manually move stuff around xD like.... hmmm how can i explain without using another game as reference? well i cant, eg; on firefall - you can use old style health bars and energy bars. plus you have addons which help keep track of dropped loot. on this its hard to see if anything drops on the other side of an area if youre off slicing and dicing on your own :p

• 4 months later...

so was browsing the forums for anything about hud addons (as nearly ALL MMORG's these days has a section about addons - i dont mean "skin" addons you buy off the market) and found a post from around 2 years ago with no dev answer. either the devs dont want it or they havent thought about it. i kinda think its a good idea as it lets the players get "creative" - so to speak- and design thier own HUD/UI for ingame use. im only wondering as the radar mods/"loot" mods for the frames dont even work :/

would be nice to have a notification of where said mod or resource dropped on the map instead of running around like a headless chicken seeing if anything dropped whilst you were on the other side of the map doing an objective.

i havent played long (barely a day) so i know many of you would ignore this as soon as you see it posted, but ya'know. just a nice idea for the community.

have a good one guys :p

While it couldn't hurt to have such features ...

I don't really see it as necessary. The UI already shows (almost) everything you need to know about the current situation at a given moment. The only real customization that could be done would be switching out art styles. The only thing we're really missing in the UI is ally Energy. But other than that I can't think of anything else you'd need to add to the UI that wouldn't be an extra advantage over others who aren't using such addons.

Also, this game isn't really an MMORPG, at least not when compared to the well established games of the genre.

For reference I used to play WoW and was big into addons. They were all about helping you manage information when the game itself presented a ton of it. Warframe does not present or require you to manage large amounts of information so I can;t see functional addons as a necessary thing.

Edited by Ashnal