thehotsung8701A

Question

13 answers to this question

not only does it give fancy pictures when you scan enemies and objects~

they also tell you what enemies drop and where they can be found~

for me I'm a dirty completionist so I gotta scan em all~

here's some more info for you if you like to read more~

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Codex

I always read wiki, but they didn't say what you said.  So I need to scan more than. 

What is the point of it beside adding picture to your codex?  I was hoping there would be a discription and background of each enemy you face but this isn't the case. 

sry to say, but ya, that's about it

instead of expanding the utility of the codex, DE has instead gone and created the sanctuary and added another npc, Simaris, so now the 'lore' is going to be split between these two systems instead of focused in/on one of them

two different scanners as well btw, have fun with the grind =/

fwiw at least they added the mission dioramas to the codex, so that's not bad

sry to say, but ya, that's about it

instead of expanding the utility of the codex, DE has instead gone and created the sanctuary and added another npc, Simaris, so now the 'lore' is going to be split between these two systems instead of focused in/on one of them

two different scanners as well btw, have fun with the grind =/

fwiw at least they added the mission dioramas to the codex, so that's not bad

For the longest time I couldn't understand why my codex was so empty.  However Wiki has so much information about everything, it so overwhelming. 

With the advent of Cephalon Simaris' esteemed Sanctuary, the codex scanner becomes more useless and useful.

Useless:

Synthesis scanners can replace codex scanners for adding to your codex

Synthesis scanners, once you get 50k rep with Simaris, can be replaced with recharging scanners with a scanner widget.

Useful:

With Detect Vulnerability, an augment for Helios from Cephalon Simaris, further scans after you complete a target's scans reveal weak points on the target, much like Banshee's Sonar.

With the advent of Cephalon Simaris' esteemed Sanctuary, the codex scanner becomes more useless and useful.

Useless:

Synthesis scanners can replace codex scanners for adding to your codex

Synthesis scanners, once you get 50k rep with Simaris, can be replaced with recharging scanners with a scanner widget.

Useful:

With Detect Vulnerability, an augment for Helios from Cephalon Simaris, further scans after you complete a target's scans reveal weak points on the target, much like Banshee's Sonar.

Can you please go into more detail?  This is something i don't quite get. 

Can you please go into more detail?  This is something i don't quite get. 

Normal Codex scanners pretty much become obsolete once you get Simaris scanners, as they still count towards your codex entries while giving you rep to buy stuff from him as well as unlock lore with the Synthesis targets. You can also buy a battery widget from him which basically givens you infinite scans, so you no longer need to spend money on them as long as you have at least one in your gear-wheel.

The only real reason to keep using normal Codex scanners is because they're cheaper (but again this becomes irrelevant if you buy the infinite scanner from Simaris) and if I'm not mistaken the Helios Sentinel can't use Simaris scanners as of yet, so you'd have to equip the normal scanner if you planned on using him.

P.S. one thing I'm not sure of is if you still get normal exp in addition to rep from using the Simaris Scanner. Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by Paradoxbomb

US2277 Embed Video into Audi TRAC SR Emails 

not only does it give fancy pictures when you scan enemies and objects~

they also tell you what enemies drop and where they can be found~

for me I'm a dirty completionist so I gotta scan em all~

here's some more info for you if you like to read more~

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Codex

the more scans you complete the more info is revealed.

things like armour, health, weaknesses, locations on the starchart and best of all, mods that drop

Thank you for this. No wonder my scanner isn't working, didn't know you have to do the actual scanning? Learning new and cool things everyday. 

Oh and before I forget too also~

with the Simaris Sanctuary was added~

Simaris has something called the Simulacrum~

With every completed Scanned enemy units~

you can simulate them in the Simulacrum Arena~

this is pretty much your shooting range in the Relays~

Here's some info:

The Simulacrum is an artificial arena similar to the ones in Mastery Rank tests, that allows players to create multiple Mimeographs of enemies that the player had completed their Codex research on. Currently only the Mimeographs of normal enemies except Bosses and Characters can be created.

The entrance of the Simulacrum is located on the left of the Sanctuary's entrance. Players must acquire a Simulacrum Access Key with 50,000 Standings to gain access to the arena.