Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels And Sentinels Weapon

delloria

Hi there, maybe there is already a topic about this but I wasn't able to find one. Feel free to close this one if it exists.

For the moment, sentinel precept mods are the "garbage" mod in warframe. Everybody have like 200 vaccum in his inventory.

In the other side, most people don't mod their sentinels weapons because of their use on the primaries weapons.

It is in fact really frustrating when you are modding your weapon and you have the "already equipped on blablabla" message.

My first idea would be to delete the sentinels precepts mods and have the same mechanics that exists for the warframes powers.

The second one is to replace them in the drop table by "sentinels weapon" mods. It would be easier to actually mod sentinels weapons, and stop dropping useless mod all the time.

To summary:

-On the sentinel: you don't have precepts anymore (but you keep the other ones as before), the specific abilities grows like the warframes powers with levels.

then you don't drop vacuum-like mod anymore.

-On sentinel's weapon: you cannot use your rifle, secondary or melee mods on them anymore. Instead, you have a new category of mod limited to sentinels weapons similar to archwings weapons mod that have their own category.

In the drop table, since you don't have precepts mods anymore, you drop instead sentinels weapons mods.

A possibility could be to have all sentinels weapons mods being  rank 10 mod as it would take more time to max them AND have an utility to all the mods that we drop. It would not be particulary overpowered as the max rank don't have to give insane numbers.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the writing :)

Delloria

EDIT: Made it clearer to understand, I don't talk about the others sentinels mods that aren't precepts or "power" mods

Edited by delloria

Sounds like you want to replace the default precept drop mods with...more mods? Or is it replace the default precepts with a mod that deals the damage, and you upgrade that mod for damage of the weapon? 

Personally I like being able to mod my sentinel weapons. Whenever I run a rifle, I put on sweeper (Shotgun mods) with over 300 damage and 200 blast (for auxiliary CC) When I run shotguns, I switch my sentinel weapon over to primed laser rifle (rifle mods). The overheat damage is insane. 

For the moment, sentinel mods are the "garbage" mod in warframe. Everybody have like 200 vaccum in his inventory.

My idea would be to delete the sentinels ability mod and have the same mechanics that exists for the warframes powers.

I agree with this. Default Sentinel powers need to go and work like our Warframes abilities do. Only point I really agree with.

It is becoming slowly long overdue too whilst our inventories fill with Sentinel ability mods.

Edited by Naith

@armedpoop

no there is 2 differents points:

first, delete the precepts mod like "vacuum" and having the sentinels ability similar to the warframe power one.

then, u create a unique category of sentinels weapons mod similar to the archwing one.

The idea was that insead of dropping precept mods, you replace them in the drop table by sentinel'weapon mod

the general idea would first solve the fact that you need to double all your weapon'mods, and it would give an utility to the mods you are dropping

Edited by delloria

@armedpoop

no there is 2 differents points:

first, delete the precepts mod like "vacuum" and having the sentinels ability similar to the warframe power one.

then, u create a unique cathegory of mod similar to the kubrow one.

The idea was that insead of dropping precept mods, you replace them in the drop table by sentinel'weapon mod

the general idea would first solve the fact that you need to double all your weapon'mods, and it would give an utility to the mods you are dropping

I still dont actually follow. Im lost. We have a unique category for sentinel mods already. Add one for sentinel weapons?

exactly, when comparing to the kurbrows, I was talking about their attack mods. Just a new category, similar to archwing weapon mod if you prefer.

Just not having the same mod for primary weapons AND sentinels weapons.

The second idea was that, in the drop table, instead of dropping sentinels precepts that you don't need, you dropp sentinels weapons mod

exactly, when comparing to the kurbrows, I was talking about their attack mods. Just a new category, similar to archwing weapon mod if you prefer.

Just not having the same mod for primary weapons AND sentinels weapons.

The second idea was that, in the drop table, instead of dropping sentinels precepts that you don't need, you dropp sentinels weapons mod

So like instead of vacuum, we would get sweeper as a mod? And then upgrade said sweeper "mod" to deal more damage on a sentinel? How would we be able to mod elementals onto it ? Or would we?

no, insead of vacuum, you would get serration-like mods or elemental mods BUT specifics to sentinels weapons.

The sentinels weapons would not use primary weapons mod but some specific to sentinels.

Those mods would go on the sentinel weapon and not the sentinel.

To summary:

-On the sentinel: you don't have precepts anymore, the specific abilities grows like the warframes powers with levels.

-On sentinel's weapon: you cannot use your rifle, secondary or melee mods on them anymore. Instead, you have a new category of mod limited to sentinels weapons similar to archwings weapons mod that have their own category.

In the drop table, since you don't have precepts mods anymore, you drop instead sentinels weapons mods.

Edited by delloria

no, insead of vacuum, you would get serration-like mods or elemental mods BUT specifics to sentinels weapons.

The sentinels weapons would not use primary weapons mod but some specific to sentinels.

Those mods would go on the sentinel weapon and not the sentinel.

To summary:

-On the sentinel: you don't have precepts anymore, the specific abilities grows like the warframes powers with levels.

-On sentinel's weapon: you cannot use your rifle, secondary or melee mods on the anymore. Instead, you have a new category of mod limited to sentinels weapons similar to archwings weapons mod that have their own category.

That means adding more mods to an already overly saturated pool of drops. No please. Not all sentinel weapons use rifle mods. You should change your sentinel weapon to sweeper or burst laser. Sweeper uses shotgun mods, and Burst laser uses pistol mods. 

it wouldn' change so much. In void for example, half of the mods you drop are vacuum mods. If you delete those ones, you have place for new mods.

And instead of having at the end of your survive mission 30 vacuums, you would have weapons sentinels mods: you have more diversity in your drops and they are actually usefull. you dont have to recreate an entire drop table since the sentinels precepts are half of your dropp chances.