The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old "character Design" & "star Chart Map"

Pacheon

Hello everyone,

I don't know to start it, but just throwing it down here.

I am kind of not pretty satisfied with the newest UI change on the StarMap, Mod/Build Layout (overlapping issues overall ... Rhino Prime WHUOOOO! ...) and the Character Design Screen overall ...

Remember the old good plain background? Where you was able to see every detail? Pitty, it is just gone ... but I have the memory left .. on  screen!

EYgpTwa.jpg

Clickz meeeh, I hav shiney bugs!

See that image? Easy to understand (ok, it has a more clear view than a better understanding) UI, no light-spots darkening other parts of the body, so you are not entirely sure how this will look during the missions, relay, etc. No darkening side content, e.g. Color-Palette, side notifications ...

Tbh DE, that UI was quite better, not to mention the Star Chart Map. I've even learned the correct positions of each planet and dwarf planet and "moons". Now? Mercury, Venus, Earth (, Moon), Mars, ...? What was the next one? I was able to get them till Pluto, now just lacking the knowledge...

Please consider this as an option, being able to "change" the UI with a simple button trigger on the options menu (alike the Mouse Button for ESC-Usage, or the toggleable Melee-Block/Channel switch. It shouldn't be that hard implementing that UI back and adding a switch for it. Just few codes back to the executable and readding the content from the archive, if not deleted, back to the media.

Thank you for reading.

It shouldn't be that hard implementing that UI back and adding a switch for it.

Except the current UI is diagetic so you can't really just 'turn it off'.

It's not gonna happen. they put a lot of work into this ui that is ultimately visually superior and aside from minor flaws and a few extra clicks, it functions the same. It'll get improved over time, but don't get your hopes up about the old one coming back.

Though on the subject of darkened bits, the arsenal screen is dodgy, yeah.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

• 3 weeks later...

I just hope that the star map gets improved soon. It's totally killing me... And I badly miss the old UI from the picture. I got over that when I boarded my ship (Which idea I like). Still old was way more useful and intuitive than the new one. New is shiny and sparkly, but counterintuitive... about everything. ABout mods, about forge, about star map. I know the DE want to improve their game, but the interface needs total overhaul once again. At least major improvements about number of items on screen / additional information (how many blueprints I have when in Forge view, what planet is next/previous in Navigation view etc).

I didnt even read the thread just saw a screenshot and screamed - yes i want that old simplistic minimalistic interface back!!! 

I dont like current interface because of those long animated transitions between the screens, the clickable buttons on a foundry and other stuff like consoles have this nasty lag and again those long animated transitions. 

Edited by Grom-84