Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Your Weapon Suggestions Here!

Nightmare

Think that Deus Ex had it first...

EMP?

Something like this you mean?

The AN-94 does two shots at 1200 RPM, and that's a real gun.

So 5 shots at 1500 RPM should be possible in the way future.

Then again, not with what we've seen from the Grineer so far. ;)

As for what I'd like:

A low-ROF automatic battle rifle.

High Damage (30-35, not quite Latron)

Low ROF (3-5)

Accurate

Magazine size doesn't really matter to me, but lets say... 30-ish.

A bit like this, so to say:

Exploding bullets is optional.

But the difference is, the AN-94 is an assault rifle, not a sniper rifle :s

A kick based melee weapon in a similar vein of Furax and the Ankyros.

Base it off Corpus technology, namely MOA legs.

Manifests as the 'shins' of MOAs attached to the player's legs. Basic attack is single targeting, charge attack is a round house kick that can hit multiple enemies, jumping melee attack is a miniature Shockwave (Energy color affects shockwave color) that has strong knock down, the usual sprint-jump-crouch flying kick does damage with these equipped and gains a larger hitbox.

Can't think of a name for them.

Granted, but the two-bullet burst can be used as such, and places both bullets at almost the exact same place too.

Extra bonus for looking similar to the Kalashnikovas.

"Chucky" perhaps?

Jeez, that's a very recoil-intensive sounding gun :s

Well, not necessarily, the AN-94 was mentioned above, but what wasn't mentioned was that it has a recoil dampening system that delays recoil until both shots are fired. Besides, its not like the Braton has extreme recoil.

Let me get this straight: you want a SNIPER RIFLE with an ammo pool of 300 and burst fire of 5 rounds per click? You do realize that would never work because sniper ammo gives 10 rounds per loot? Either the devs would have to change their ammo system or you would need to make that a simple rifle. And it would still have an insane recoil - I've played with Burston and it has a pretty high recoil with just 3 round bursts.

[Pending update or delete depending on whether the game mechanics have changed with the new patch.]

Ok, so then make it technically a rifle so that it can use rifle ammo, the damage matches up with a rifle anyway. Again, just make it not have that much recoil, or delay the recoil until all 5 rounds have been shot. In any case the ammo system needs to be looked at.

The AN-94 does two shots at 1200 RPM, and that's a real gun.

So 5 shots at 1500 RPM should be possible in the way future.

Then again, not with what we've seen from the Grineer so far. ;)

As for what I'd like:

A low-ROF automatic battle rifle.

High Damage (30-35, not quite Latron)

Low ROF (3-5)

Accurate

Magazine size doesn't really matter to me, but lets say... 30-ish.

A bit like this, so to say:

Exploding bullets is optional.

well, I suggested burst fire because the other hard hitting Grineer weapon that was in-game (at the time) was the Kraken, which is burst. I suggested something similar to what you are saying there in the post above the Basilisk suggestion, but mine was a little higher damage and closer ranged. Exploding bullets would be amazing though. (Also, the AN-94 fires at 1800, so 1500 would be pretty small time.)

So? this game is set at last several thousand years in the future, I'm sure the Grineer weapon designers can do whatever they want.

Edited by Nuntium

A kick based melee weapon in a similar vein of Furax and the Ankyros.

Base it off Corpus technology, namely MOA legs.

Manifests as the 'shins' of MOAs attached to the player's legs. Basic attack is single targeting, charge attack is a round house kick that can hit multiple enemies, jumping melee attack is a miniature Shockwave (Energy color affects shockwave color) that has strong knock down, the usual sprint-jump-crouch flying kick does damage with these equipped and gains a larger hitbox.

Love it.

a defensive oriented  semi ranged Melee : Beam whip

deals damage in a short-medium range (think flail or kusarigama) but not too much

the charge attack functions like a temporary shield that deflect bullet, you swirl/swing the whip making a circle in front of you creating a small energy shield in front of you that deflect incoming bullets.

i wouldnt mind seeing some sort of flame thrower(something that suits ember), some weapons more specific to each warframe maybe...

some arm mounted retractable blades would be cool(not quite wolverine, more like barraka MK)

i still want to see some sort of chain/morning star whip thing, not sure what they are called.

tonfas would be really cool to see for a sword(with some sort of blade on it?)

hook swords, sai, kamas, nunchuku, (NINJA)

I've been wanting an one-handed throwing scythe with a rope, so you can grapple enemies or walls :P

Shouldn't be too hard to make, considering the grineer already have something very similar to that.

EDIT: Also, technically you mean a sickle, not a scythe (probably).

Edited by WyzaiDDZ

Rifles:

would certainly like to see more automatic rifles with at least 60 round mags, 20-25 damage would be preferred as well, boltor isnt bad but just two points better than the MK-1 Braton in damage

more semi rifles like the latron

(edit) a shotgun (double barrel?) that is high damage and fires large spikes (much like the one used in the movie Blade)

Secondary:

cant think of any off the top of my head...Lex and Kunai are the best :P

Melee:

as others have suggested claw like weapons would be nice

whip style weapon with a slightly longer reach than normal melee weapons

Dual wield kamas (hand held scythes)

Dual wield Kukris

Edited by Arimis

all the charge of melee Ive seen are just a wide swings. How about something different?

charge attack results in something like a shorter, slower version of a slash dash. Maybe make enemies drop like the rhino. It will be damn slow and hard to aim fast moving enemies because its not a swing, but if it hits it does quite a lot of damage in a line. And a high chance to stagger

Probably a "staff" class melee weapon that looks similar to the door rams used by SWAT teams. (yes i know this game is ninja themed)

In a couple days I'm going to post a thread that compiles every quality weapon suggestion on this forum, if any body wants to submit their ideas or others that really impressed them, feel free. Stats are not a requirement but a well articulated concept is. 

Edited by Nuntium

all the charge of melee Ive seen are just a wide swings. How about something different?

charge attack results in something like a shorter, slower version of a slash dash. Maybe make enemies drop like the rhino. It will be damn slow and hard to aim fast moving enemies because its not a swing, but if it hits it does quite a lot of damage in a line. And a high chance to stagger

Probably a "staff" class melee weapon that looks similar to the door rams used by SWAT teams. (yes i know this game is ninja themed)

I'd suggested a straight edged katana weapon, the charge attack would be a lunging pierce that hits only in the reticle, but can go through enemies. Something like that?

I was thinking of a revolver style weapon that looks some thing like this

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HiyPB_FucNM/TOl-ONaDv7I/AAAAAAAAACM/qAiCOPsMtVc/s1600/nerf-maverick-pistol.jpg (yes I know that it is a nerf gun)

either have it shoot high damage bullets or make it more interesting and have it shoot mini grenades or make it a rail pistol(a rail gun in pistol form) and you could do quick shots that do high damage at close range, move slowly, and have fast follow up shots or do charged shots that do more damage at long range, move very fast, and can pierce armor, but on the down side have a cool down time between shots, you could also partially charge the shots so you would get the middle of the two