Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Has Much To Learn From The Original Mass Effect

DivisionByZero

Two different kinds of games.

Mass Effect has its roots in CRPGs. It started to blend some ARPG elements with it, but essentially it was an evolution of Knights of the Old Republic.

Warframe has its roots in ARPGs. It's pretty much a straight up ARPG, just done in a third person shooter mode. It hails back games like Diablo and Phantasy Star Online as influences on what it is.

Would I like to see a hardcore RPG in what we now know as the Warframe universe. Sure. But we won't see it in the Warframe we're playing now and that's OK. I like the present game a very great deal.

I'm also waiting rather impatiently for Mass Effect 4 (or whatever it'll be called), but that's on BioWare and they have the own website for feedback or wishfuls.

See I think the issue is that the devs own confusion of the direction of their game has caused players to misunderstand the direction as well..

It's like "Do you want me to kill as many enemies as fast as I can by any means necessary or nah?"

No one is certain because it seems like every update the direction changes a bit.. So who knows maybe one day they will be looking to Mass Effect for inspiration.. But as you can very well see, as of right now, it's not even pointed in the same direction besides the view.

mass effect ONE ?

yeah im sure the 2 year development time, designed as single player only as a trilogy of games exclusive for xbox 360 published from multi-billion Electronic Arts had nothing to do with the differences

yep seems like a legit comparison to make with a independently developed F2P multiplayer game