Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keyboard Layout

Lombus

Hi all,

I'm not sure where should I post this here since I'm not 100 % sure it's a bug or just a setting that is build in the game.

I noticed while using the chat that most of the keys on my keyboard were set in the wrong way, for e.g:

Pressing "+" would turn into "[" or "?" would turn into "_" .

I googled here and there and apparently the game reads my keyboard as having this layout: http://eurkey.steffen.bruentjen.eu/pics/eurkey_shift.png

Instead of the one I have that is this one :

http://www.forlanglab.lsu.edu/exams/keyboardlayout/images/Keyboards/Portuguese.png

So is there a way to configure the game the correct way?

Any help would be appreciated :D

Are you using Windows 7?

If you are I don't think this is a warframe bug I think its a Window's 'feature'. I've had my keyboard randomly shift into using a French layout while playing. It had nothing to do with the game, it was a windows key command that will swap your keyboard into the next available language choice.

So if you are a using windows 7 double check the language bar to make sure it hasn't swapped on you. The key command is particularly easy to hit while playing. It's either set to ctlr +shift or left alt + shift, can't remember the default, I've disabled it.

Warframe should be using whatever your currently selected keyboard layout is. Does this mismatch always happen, and are you sure that you have the correct layout set in Windows? As Drasiel said, there is a shortcut that will cycle your layout for the currently active program which you could be activating while trying to slide, sprint etc.

Thanks guys ! :D I was actually using the "Alt" key to block and the "Shift" for spriting so while playing I pressed them for sure. Everything working fine now!

Edited by Lombus