The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity, Valkyr, Or Volt?

thehotsung8701A

Question

I only have one reactor right now, so which frame should I potato?  I want to potato a frame that can be the best at T4. 

I don't think Volt is that frame but he is my main frame.  However I enjoy playing as a tank more and not have to worry about dying.

Thanks

On that note, should I potato the Boltor or wait to be MR5 and potato the Amprex?  Is the Boltor the best weapon at MR4?

Edited by thehotsung8701A

14 answers to this question

Trinity. Not only can you not worry about dying, you can make your whole team not worry about dying as well.

Can you heal someone who is bleeding out?  I'm not sure how her mechanic work completely.  I have to learn how to play as her.  Currently she is MR4 but I just been doing survival so I haven't completely learn how to play as her yet. 

This isn't a particularly simple question to answer, as the answer varies based on a few different factors here;

• How deep into T4 endless do you intend to delve?
  • What type of allied team composition do you tend to work with most often?
  • How well can you handle T4 now without a reactor?

All three of the frames you've noted can be made to handle T4 but they do so in different ways, while playing to different roles.  Additionally the weapon types you utilize can also play a part into what choice is "best" for you as a player.

Edit as a quick sidenote;  Don't ever count out Volt.  He's tougher to get the hang of but he can roll well in T4.

Edited by Bobtm

Can you heal someone who is bleeding out?  I'm not sure how her mechanic work completely.  I have to learn how to play as her.  Currently she is MR4 but I just been doing survival so I haven't completely learn how to play as her yet. 

You can't, heal them up before they're down.

Personally I go with Valkyr, because I like Valkyr <3. Also you don't have to worry about teammate being morons, since you pratically never die. But valkyr fills a very specific role, it is very rare ppl recuit her in recuit channel. In contrast Trinity is very popular in recuit channel and contriute alot in team play (Untill teammate start acting like morons.)

Of the three, Trinity will probably be considered the most useful by the other players in your squads.  I agree with the poster above who said not to use it on Volt, but to wait until you can get a Volt Prime, as he has some nice upgrades over the base Volt.

In terms of your weapon, my opinion is that Amprex is better overall than Boltor.  It has a lot of uses, and can be built to be powerful in almost any situation.  Keep in mind, however, that base Amprex is pretty weak, and will need a lot of Formas and strong mods to get it rolling.  Boltor Prime is one of the best pure DPS slinging weapons though.

Just like what everyone says, potato what you find to be your playstyle, but for you, you like them all.

If you want my opinion, I would definitely go with Trinity.

Out of the three I would least prefer volt because he has the least chance of survivability. His third ability is great, but compared to Trinity and Valkyr, it doesn't keep up. 

Valkyr is a really close second, I love melee and using warcry is great for the armor buff and melee buff. Hysteria is great when things are getting too crazy but being limited to ONLY melee at times restrains me. 

I would choose Trinity because she has the best chance of surviving. Energy Vamp always makes sure she has an endless supply of energy. Blessing is a great ability to use when you are your allies' health are low, but her main lifeline is link. Link paired with a 99% blessing build makes you pretty much god(ess)-like. Sure Valkyr can take 0 damage while in Hysteria but having the ability to use your weapons is great.

So that's my opinion, you don't have to take it word for word but that's my preference.

if you want to make it far from this game...i would go trinity ...volt is like a luxury that makes speed runs faster or do that gimmick combo with limbo... valkyr makes u feel invincible but when your against high level corpus or the void...you kinda wish valkyr banner up soon because she would be utterly useless...with trinity though...she is good in any endless mission...stomping those speed runs...any xp farm....