The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are The Most Important Things To Spend Credits On?

thehotsung8701A

Question

So I'm a beginner as everyone know.  I still have lot of questions after my big questions list a few weeks back.  It still get to me that I don't know everything yet. 

Hopefully once I join the right clan, things will get easier but in the meantime, here is my question.

What the most important and efficient way to spend credits on?

I believe I been doing it wrong trying to use what little credits I have to get frame BP and building them.

1.  Should my priority to use my credits on mods?

2.  Should I use credits to build extractor?

3.  Should I use credits to breed a kudrow?

So please tell me what the best and most efficient way to use my credits on as I don't have many.

Cheers!

22 answers to this question

1.If u want to it's not hard i don't i just use spare crds. Some mods require alot of money but just sell the duplicates you won't/don't want and use the crds from them. Eg: Ammo drum.

2.no there rubbish, i would say something else.

3.if u want, they require maintenance daily though.

Edited by TheSIlent1

1: if necessary,e.g insufficient damage/hp/etc

2: not exactly worth it, using a hydroid with pilfiering swarm or nekros with desecrate build would reel in more resources

3: cost > reward , investment in kubrows aren't equal to what it provides

Mod Fusion,

Kubrows are kinda a luxury, they take more than they give.

Extractors are kinda nice but they barely give you rare materials.

There is no best or important things to spent credits from what I understand , but there are things that are wasteful to spend credits on.

1. Mods are good to use credits on since they can make better frames/weapons.

2. Extractors over time give free resources over time so I think they are well worth , build 4 so you can alternated between them , distilling is kind of wasteful extractor since it's not really worth but titan is good.

3. Kubrows are a credit sink and only slightly better than sentinels or even worse , your better off getting the sentinel counterpart.

What I mostly use my credits on now is things from the market , foundry and mod fusion but then again all of them are important.

What are mod fusion?

You could get one or two extractor and then manage them well so they're not getting destroyed since they regen health whilst not being used.

I always spend my cash on mods, blueprints and so on I wait with buying until I can actually build them. Just since I might need the credits elsewhere. Even tho I've got a few millions. Just a habit xD

1) I would recommend you to save some credits for mods to level them up , it takes some of them especially if you don't have fusion cores , I would advise not to transmute your mods unless you really don't have anything better to spend credits on . The mods that have ten levels are very expensive to level up , you are a beginner , level them up to fifth level and move on to the other mods , when you have some credits and fusion cores you can consider to continue leveling them . 

2) You can if you want , the trick is , you can easily farm anything that extractors give to you and you will obtain resources much faster than extractors do , so it's more like a matter of taste . If you feel like you are lazy enough to farm or don't have enough time they will provide some help . 

3) From personal experience I would recommend to gear your frame first and then move to the companions be it a sentinel or a kubrow . You see , gearing a companion is as hard as gearing a warframe , but your efforts would be more noticeable if you put them in yourself . So you better deal with the companions when you feel that you are powerful enough .

Edited by Sjukob

What are mod fusion?

You select a mod and add other mods of the same polarity or fusion cores and then you fuse them. This makes the mod stronger. There are a row of stars at the bottom of each mod showing how many times it can be upgraded. This is done in the modding area of your ship. It is the top left option that lights up when you select a mod.

This is where you will use the most credits in the game. Upgrading all the best mods to max rank will cost you 10's of millions of credits.

Edited by GrimwarAlpha1

Hey there, welcome to this awesome game and awesome community.

If i were you, at the beginning of the game don't put much effort on managing your credits, since you won't be spending much of them, unless you're trying to speed farm warframes and weapons.

Extractor is for "lazy/no-time" people that require more farm than time allows, since each extractor can be placed in each planet for additional resource farm. It s a Mid-tier game item, so don't sweat about it.

Kubrows are hell -a-fun. but hell-a-expensive, you not only need luck to get an egg, but also at least 100k credits plus a Argon crystal, something that for a beginner shall not be easy to acquire. Get a Sentinel first, i recommend either Shade for invisibility or Carrier for loot AoE vaccum which helps you farm with ease.

To farm credits you actually only need to get your hands on specific missions in ceres, where you can farm around 20k each 5/10 minutes. And once you get your hands on that mission, the credit problem vanishes, and you gain the "routine" issue.

Any doubt, feel free to PM me

Regards

Endrance

What are mod fusion?

levelling up your mods, it's called fusion, it's very expensive when you try to get to max rank for some of them, for example, a couple of days ago i finally maxxed my primed continuity (not that i actually needed it in max rank but i wanted it) and it cost me like 1.300.000 credits for those last 2 levels (ranks)

So, it's not that you actually have to "find" a way to spend credits on, just playing the game and levelling up is expensive enough, do you level up you mods?

About kubrows, they are pretty much disliked though

.. As one tenno who uses them regularly, they are fairly good once you mange to get a grasp at how to... Control them.

They are really good and sometime funny companions, but it's true that they cost a lot to maintain alive.

1) Rank up mods through  fusion

2) Buy a Carrier sentinel

3) Buy new frames/weapons

Kubrows are ok, but not necessary power wise. Get one if you want a pet. Extractors are almost entirely useless IMO. I built two when I was new, but have barely used them after a week of getting only detonite samples and rubedo.

I just want to clarify those 3 questions were just example of different things I can spend credits on. 

I'm short on credits cause everything require credits even trading. 

Yea, this is exactly the answer to your question, everything costs credits, so you will always be "short" on credits, i mean, veteran players usually have millions of credits (for example i do) but in one fusion you can spend 1 or 2 millions, so, the best idea is to not spend credits in unnecessary stuff, unless you are certain you won't be needing them anytime soon.

In My case i almost never farm for credits, unless it's a double credits weekend or something, i just play a lot of dark sector missions to level up weapons and to get some cores, and i get credits as a "side effect", but i don't waste them either, i have 8 kubrows  and they are all sleeping in cryo statis : D, my most reliable companion up to now has been Shade, it cloaks me when i'm reviving someone, or activating life support or using an ability, carrier is kinda good too if you want to make sure that you pick everything from the floor.

Edited by Orbister

Extractors are almost entirely useless IMO

Says you. I find them very handy in picking up extra resources over the course of long game sessions. Sure no where near enough a good, long defense/survival will get you but they are basicly free.

Yea, this is exactly the answer to your question, everything costs credits, so you will always be "short" on credits, i mean, veteran players usually have millions of credits (for example i do) but in one fusion you can spend 1 or 2 millions, so, the best idea is to not spend credits in unnecesary stuff, unless you are certain you won't be needing them anytime soon.

In My case i almost never farm for credits, unless it's a double credits weapon or something, i just play a lot of dark sector missions to level up weapons and to get some cores, and i get credits as a "side effect", but i don't waste them either, i have 8 kubrows  and they are all sleeping in cryo statis : D, my most reliable companion up to now has been Shade, it cloaks me when i'm reviving someone, or activating life support or using an ability, carrier is kinda good too if you want to make sure that you pick everything from the floor.

I have a carrier sentinel.  I'm not sure how it work.  How does it pick up everything for you if it always above your head?  Wouldn't that mean that whatever it pick up, you pick up as well cause it base on where you move?  It not like the sentinel goes around the room and pick it up for you or unless it mean the sentinel have a longer range to pick up then your frame, otherwise doesn't make sense?

Could you verfify?

I have a carrier sentinel.  I'm not sure how it work.  How does it pick up everything for you if it always above your head?  Wouldn't that mean that whatever it pick up, you pick up as well cause it base on where you move?  It not like the sentinel goes around the room and pick it up for you or unless it mean the sentinel have a longer range to pick up then your frame, otherwise doesn't make sense?

Could you verfify?

It has a vacuum, it literally sucks stuff into itself. if yours is not working take a look at it's mods.

2. - Place a DISTILLING extractor on Mars. Because it has both Gallium and Morphics, it will frequently reward you with Morphics (~6 of them) when you log in, and the occasional 6-8 Gallium. Morphics are the rare component for a lot of midgrade weapons, including the Stalker's weapons.