Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problems With The "warframe Nexus" Android App?

[DE]Rebecca

I have been running the app for some time and until today it was working fine then it stopped getting any kind of update. 

If I close out of the app and restart it any active updates are then listed but no new ones show up and refresh ends up saying there are no new alerts as well.  So it only updates when I restart it now.

after reading Billski's post I figured I should add that I am using an Atrix.  Ye olde smart phone you could say...

Edited by DreadWolf7

I have been running the app for some time and until today it was working fine then it stopped getting any kind of update. 

If I close out of the app and restart it any active updates are then listed but no new ones show up and refresh ends up saying there are no new alerts as well.  So it only updates when I restart it now.

I am also having this same issue running a nexus 7 4.2.2

Same here on a Nexus 4 running Android 4.2.2...

But since many of us have this issue I guess we can assume it's server-side related. Funny part is that Twitter is still getting updates.

Not exactly a bug/issue but since this is the only official Nexus App topic I'm gonna ask it (or if it's not then sorry and please show me where it is, lol) - when can we expect visual alerts? Like screen waking, and / or LED notifications? Right now I'm better off using some kind of "twitter-seeker" app on my phone, as I can't hear the Nexus app's alert sound if I have headphones on and doing... basically anything.

It should trigger the notification LED (triggers quick blinking blue on my Galaxy Nexus) when the app is working. I do not use sound/vibe, just have it set to always notify. I do want to note that it does not trigger a standard notification pop up in the notification bar, it just updates the app itself.

after reading Billski's post I figured I should add that I am using an Atrix.  Ye olde smart phone you could say...

Same problem here as well, I missed alot of good alerts 

I'm in the same boat as my bro, DreadScourge, here. Missed two very significant Alerts due to the app not showing alerts that were actually happening. I don't think I would go as far and as rude as Billski with the whole "insulting the people who work hard to please us" deal; but it was a bit of a bummer.

I'm in the same boat as my bro, DreadScourge, here. Missed two very significant Alerts due to the app not showing alerts that were actually happening. I don't think I would go as far and as rude as Billski with the whole "insulting the people who work hard to please us" deal; but it was a bit of a bummer.

Indeed, made the mistake of clicking the green button without fully reading his post. I'll make it up by liking yours. Out two catas, makes me sad bro.

Edited by DreadScourge

Wasn't insulting anyone at all was just saying that they had messed up an app that was working perfect I didn't call anyone a name or insult their intelligence sorry you seemed to have misunderstood. 

Edited by Billski

I too am having the issue of it not updating. I thought it was just me.

You are far from alone with this issue.  I have gone on and tested to see if turning my Wi-fi on would change as someone said it was poor 3g-4g signal.. no change. I have also closed other apps that were working with it the other day.. no change. It has sent an alert light off twice this day but not for anything I have selected on filters.

My guess is that it is just a lucky break that those two alerts got through as in every other case I have been tracking alerts on twitter only to find it missed nearly every last one.  Sadly I can't say what is causing this issue only that before the last update to the app I was able to get alerts just fine and without running wi-fi with steam app running no less.

Let us hope that they can solve this issue soon.

After speaking with our programmer Darryl, it appears the App has been pulling stale data and he will try and fix it ASAP. A heads up that bugs will be present until we can get it working reliably again!

Thank you for the update I am glad it isn't my phone or my service... Or all in my head...

It seems the app is starting to send updates again. I am not saying it's fixed just what seems to be going on. I will keep watching it.

So far the app is keeping upto date but I am not one to trust something till it has had some time maybe by the next item alert I will feel better about it till then 50/50.

Edited by DreadWolf7

After speaking with our programmer Darryl, it appears the App has been pulling stale data and he will try and fix it ASAP. A heads up that bugs will be present until we can get it working reliably again!

Seems to be updating correctly, thanks for update and fast response.

when i use the item filter, it doesn't filter anything, it gives me all the alerts all the time.

Have you set the credit filter? That needs to be set high up so it doesn't tell you about every time a mission with credits pops up.

It seems that when Nexus is running in the background on my HTC evo 3d that it comes to the foreground briefly interrupting whatever you are doing. For   instance if I am playing a game the game pauses, Nexus flashes then goes back to the background.  It is frustrating at times so I have to turn it off if I plan to do something longer than five minutes or so.

Anyone else experiencing this¿

Post moved from its original spot sorry about not putting it here  first.

On the original post I figured we could try to hash out the exact reproducible symptoms which is here

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/44449-nexus-is-interrupting-other-apps/#entry455752

link added for ease of navigation.

Edited by Stephen_Pershaw

It seems that when Nexus is running in the background on my HTC evo 3d that it comes to the foreground briefly interrupting whatever you are doing. For   instance if I am playing a game the game pauses, Nexus flashes then goes back to the background.  It is frustrating at times so I have to turn it off if I plan to do something longer than five minutes or so.

Anyone else experiencing this¿

Post moved from its original spot sorry about not putting it here  first.

I have seen a few post about that. It was said to have been fixed in update 1.6 but as I hardly use my phone for anything longer then a few minutes I haven't tested to see if it does this on 1.6 for me. Now are you on 1.6 or 1.5 so on.