Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problems With The "warframe Nexus" Android App?

[DE]Rebecca

Well this is the best place for the issue. Nothing I can do to help on that sadly.  This is the place to post issues so I am sure they will see it. Give them time if nothing else try suport and then maybe make a ticket.

Edited by DreadWolf7

To quote myself from another page:

Where there's a will, there's a way.  I made a twitter account, followed @Warframe_Alerts, and set up text notifications...  I was mildly perturbed when I missed a few catalysts because of the app not telling me, this solved that problem.

This helped me get the alerts even if the app didn't give them.  Maybe it'll help a few of you too.

Cheers!

To quote myself from another page:

This helped me get the alerts even if the app didn't give them.  Maybe it'll help a few of you too.

Cheers!

This would help some but it doesn't have much to do with the app other then forgoing it...

This would help some but it doesn't have much to do with the app other then forgoing it...

Redundancy isn't always a bad thing... this'll help til they get all the bugs worked out. I still use the app as well.

It seems that when Nexus is running in the background on my HTC evo 3d that it comes to the foreground briefly interrupting whatever you are doing. For   instance if I am playing a game the game pauses, Nexus flashes then goes back to the background.  It is frustrating at times so I have to turn it off if I plan to do something longer than five minutes or so.

Anyone else experiencing this¿

Post moved from its original spot sorry about not putting it here  first.

I'm still experiencing this.

The App keeps pausing my youtube every few mins, on my Motorola Xoom tablet.

Oh and the filter has never worked for me.

did you add a credit value that was higher then 8000 when you switch off alert all you have to fill out that as well.

Also 1.7 is out has anyone had the same issues with it?  I only ask because I don't use my phone for much else and having that info here would help get it looked into.

Edited by DreadWolf7

did you add a credit value that was higher then 8000 when you switch off alert all you have to fill out that as well.

Also 1.7 is out has anyone had the same issues with it?  I only ask because I don't use my phone for much else and having that info here would help get it looked into.

It still comes to the forefront when using other apps. Doesn't happen all of the time, but often enough to be annoying.

Hey, in the item filter options...

What is the Dual Dagger and are there not any Manticore Skin?

Could be anything I don't see any info on if it's Dual ether daggers or what hmm.  As for the skin I think that maybe a shop only nm just looked it up says alert mission on one wiki. (It isn't on the list for alerts so maybe the wiki was wrong?) On a side note not sure this is an app bug. =3  Sorry I couldn't help with that dagger issue... It's going to haunt me till I learn too.

Edited by DreadWolf7

The app simply doesn't work. It interrupts other apps on my phone and takes my screen over, randomly, the item filter doesn't work, I'm still getting an alert for every single alert.

I just want it to make the sound every time there's an alert for an item I don't have, that doesn't happen.

Edited by Hemlox

The app simply doesn't work. It interrupts other apps on my phone and takes my screen over, randomly, the item filter doesn't work, I'm still getting an alert for every single alert.

I just want it to make the sound every time there's an alert for an item I don't have, that doesn't happen.

Ok did you set the money filter? that has to be set as well when you turn the alert all option off. say about 8000 creds. The only thing I know I can't help you with is the refreshing poping it to the front for a second.

Just gonna put this here

1. turn off alert all

2. select the items you want to be alerted to

3. Set a money value 9k plus if you don't want to be alerted for money or make it 10000

by following those steps the app should work for you. The poping up on auto refresh is still an issue that needs looking into.

Edited by DreadWolf7

Ok did you set the money filter? that has to be set as well when you turn the alert all option off. say about 8000 creds. The only thing I know I can't help you with is the refreshing poping it to the front for a second.

Just gonna put this here

1. turn off alert all

2. select the items you want to be alerted to

3. Set a money value 9k plus if you don't want to be alerted for money or make it 10000

by following those steps the app should work for you. The poping up on auto refresh is still an issue that needs looking into.

I know how to work an app, I do all of this, and the problems still happen.

It shows nothing as in it doesn't come on or it never shows alerts? can you update to android V 4.2.2?

The latter cannot be done without a custom rom on the phone in question (not sure if the poster was aware of this, so I thought I'd mention it). I'd imagine that shouldn't be necessary, and I'm certainly with you in that more information is needed about the problem.

A side note for anyone having issues with the official app, DaveClandestine's community app is up on the google play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.WarframeOpenCommunity.AlertSystem&feature=nav_other#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDYsImNvbS5XYXJmcmFtZU9wZW5Db21tdW5pdHkuQWxlcnRTeXN0ZW0iXQ

Myself I have both installed (only one is active at a time)I was using the community one first, then when the official started working moved to it, and the official has gone down once since and I was happy I had the other.

The latter cannot be done without a custom rom on the phone in question (not sure if the poster was aware of this,

Indeed I did not know. My own phone is on 2.3.6 it seems.  App runs fine seems most issues are on 4 + then again what do I know about phones lol.

uhuh, i dont have a custom rom, i'm not 'skilled' at modding phones ;(

it's like was out of the shop yesterday, full original

What we need to know is if the app launches at all or not and if it does if it's just not connecting or what?

Edited by DreadWolf7

The App launches and show "no active alerts" no matter if i refresh (it works), no matter if the app runs for 1-10-20 mins,

it doesnt show alerts at all, just the background image.

All its functions/settings work, app doesnt crash and open/close correctly.

From the sounds of it it's an issue connecting to whatever server gives the alerts.

Do you use Wifi with it or do you have a wireless plan with a data cap?   It could be a number of things sadly I don't know what but maybe someone else here will? 

Ether way this is a new issue i haven't seen before.

Seems to steal focus more often now than ever

If I'm actively using my phone, the Nexus app will pop to the front upwards of once every two minutes, severely inconveniencing me and often crashing whatever application I was trying to use

It has gotten so bad that if I need to actively do anything with my phone, I need to close the app first, and then re-open it after I'm finished