Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quest Dialogs - De, Are You Serious About That?! O.o

Taipion

Right now, my limbo quest is bugged, I already gathered and build all the frame, but the quest is stuck somewhere in the middle, thats ok, those bugs happen.

I made a support ticket and hope its gonna be faster than the last one I made, where I waited one month to get pure mockery as an answer, welll, the support guys seem to be very overworked...

Anyway, that limbo quest is not what this thread is about, it just showed me again the current main problem with ALL QUESTS:

Repeating, repeating, and forever repeating the same dialog, the sole reason why my friends refer to that sanctuary character as "cephalon sh!tmaris", "fkyoumaris", and so on...

Seriously, there are several problems at hand:

1.) The main problem is, that those quest dialogs repeat for all eternity unless you finish the quest, this implementation is simply unacceptable, I can't even imagine why someone (DE) would want to embarress themself with such a poor show of game design, and then ignore the problem completely, which is absolutely too much to even put it in words.

Is there any reason that I have missed, that justifies hearing the same dialog 100 times in a row?!

You know that, for example in the chroma quest, the limbo quest, the mirage quest... you need to craft one part, wait 12 hours WHILE HEARING THE SAME DIALOG OVER AND OVER AGAIN, with an additional 72 hours for the frame, getting this to likely more than 5 or 6 days... for each quest...

Who, with a sane mind, would do such a thing?

Please help me understand!

2.) Sound settings:

One for Ordis, one for the other part of the dialog, which as well mutes lotus in missions... this is messed up, why won't you put some order in there, and implement it in a way that actually makes sense?!

3.) Do they even care?!:

Maybe I just missed it, but these problems seem to be around since quite a while, and there is no incentive to fix them.

I seriously wonder if the people at DE even care, this looks more an more like a project made to generate cash, rather than people who are passionate about making their own game.
Just look at the other incomprehendable mistakes they made, like nerfing the gammacore, a dps nerf was necessary, but not really done, instead they reversed the characteristic traits of the weapon to make it almost unusable, this just looked like they did not even care about it.

Why, just why?

1.) The main problem is, that those quest dialogs repeat for all eternity unless you finish the quest, this implementation is simply unacceptable, I can't even imagine why someone (DE) would want to embarress themself with such a poor show of game design, and then ignore the problem completely, which is absolutely too much to even put it in words.

IIRC they fixed the audios for quests while in the process of building

IIRC they fixed the audios for quests while in the process of building

I can't confirm that, I only know that my limbo quest is stuck and I get the same dialog anytime I enter the liset, exactly like the ultra annoying chroma quest. If they have at least partly fixed it, then I wonder why they have not completely fixed it, but hey, it's a start!

Btw, is there any way to disable/cancel a quest?

I thought of starting another quest and completing it, so the limbo quest is  not active anymore, does that work?