Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Braton Powerful?

Zimmies

Question

The Braton (not the Mk1) is an excellent weapon and well worth potato-ing. It has good accuracy, good ROF, good damage, it's just all around a good weapon. The problem is that it isn't exactly unique or interesting. You can bring it into any situation and have a gun that will do the job.

I agree here and put my seal of a approval on this statement.

The only Braton i have is the Vandal, which is not available anymore.That one deals the most damage but has a lower fire rate compared to the others. The first Braton you get is absolute Garbage. 

Same... and it's the only rifle I'll ever need. Win for 1-credit weapons. And you can always mod (Speed Trigger) to increase the fire rate. Or damage (Serration), as the case may be, for the regular Braton. But to answer the OP's question, yes - the Braton is very reliable and versatile weapon.

hm.. it seems to deal very little damage to ancients..

And that is why I put Hellfire in mine. Honestly, you can compensate for any weapon's weakness with the right mods.

Edited by Insomniak

hm.. it seems to deal very little damage to ancients..

In case you don't already know, the ancients' weakspot in their boot/foot, specifically the shin area (just below the orange kneepad thingy). Aim your Braton there for the most damage.

In case you don't already know, the ancients' weakspot in their boot/foot, specifically the shin area (just below the orange kneepad thingy). Aim your Braton there for the most damage.

hm , isnt it the little leg? the slim and smaller one?

I can't confirm that, but when I shoot them just below their kneepads on the bigger foot, they drop dead a whole lot faster. However if you have innate armor piercing weapons like the Boltor and Paris, it's better (and easier due to the bigger target area) to aim for their heads as armor pierce have a 200% damage multiplier there.

I can't confirm that, but when I shoot them just below their kneepads on the bigger foot, they drop dead a whole lot faster. However if you have innate armor piercing weapons like the Boltor and Paris, it's better (and easier due to the bigger target area) to aim for their heads as armor pierce have a 200% damage multiplier there.

well their heads are rather slanted all the way back , i find it harder to aim there.. so i just shoot their legs.

Yes the Braton is a good weapon, but if you're using the one that can be bought, give it colors to personalize it :P

I'm gonna share by Braton build to you and to anyone else interested :)

pCph8Sd.jpg

Since Imgur is an @$$ with image quality, here are the mods in order:

Ammo Drum 4 - Hellfire 1 - Magazine Warp 3 - Metal Auger 0

Stormbringer 0 - Speed Trigger 1 - Serration 2 - Piercing hit 2

This can take down Infested, Corpus and Grineer's easily due to the elemental damage mods

hm.. Lon3r , my build ( if i use the braton ) would be : take away mag warp , ammo drum , metal auger and speed trigger , for split chamber , cryorounds and leveled serration.

if im not wrong , serration increases ur elemental mod damage as well.

Sounds fine?

IIRC?

Hm.. i read somewhere , on the forums or wiki that said serration does add dmg for ele mods..

Serration increases the base damage of the weapon.

Elemental mods scale of the base damage of the weapon.

Serration increasing the base damage of the weapon causes the Elemental mods to increase damage output as well.

hm.. Lon3r , my build ( if i use the braton ) would be : take away mag warp , ammo drum , metal auger and speed trigger , for split chamber , cryorounds and leveled serration.

if im not wrong , serration increases ur elemental mod damage as well.

Sounds fine?

Hmm... sounds interesting, I'll see if I can get the mods for that.

Although, my build can easily take anything down, be it Corpus, Grins and Infests

But I'll check that build when I can :)

Hmm... sounds interesting, I'll see if I can get the mods for that.

Although, my build can easily take anything down, be it Corpus, Grins and Infests

But I'll check that build when I can :)

haha , it's just how i'd build my braton. :P