Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Well-Rounded Excal Build?

Captain_Morgan1172

Question

Sorry, just got to these parts of the forums. I don't particularly browse the forums too often so forgive me. 

What would be a good build to run with Excalibur to be well-rounded? Because right now I'm just running range/duration and Radiant Finish. 

But I don't wanna focus on one ability. I know how well Excalibur still performs, I just would really like to know if anyone has an idea how to build him so that he's well-rounded. If you can, thanks! c:

10 answers to this question

With the new augment that came out you can use melee finishers on stunned enemies. It's pretty similar to what you have now, but it's worth trying. I definitely enjoy it.

I have been using it. But I'm lacking in the everything else department. I'm considering adding power strength for Super Jump, as it's honestly still a decent ability if you can find the use for it. 

Here's my hybrid gun/blade build; built to make liberal use of every ability except Javelin, and built to be able to swap between gun and pure-melee in gameplay as I please and be effective in either case. Radiant Finish goes in that empty slot.

http://goo.gl/QiUxdM

If your melee weapon of choice is short-ranged and/or has long Finisher animations that you don't always want to do (i.e. Finishers are too tedious for your taste and your weapon's size makes it difficult to work around it), then you can always replace Finish with another mod of your choice. If you also don't particularly enjoy going into Melee Mode for whatever reason, then Vitality and Quick Rest can easily be replaced with something else that'll better complement gunplay (preferably Duration if 16.5s isn't enough for you).

If you don't use SJ at all, then you can always throw an Overextended mod into there, since it'll still one-shot just about everything you'll ever face even with minimal power strength. SD and RJ aren't known for their damage in late-game anyways, so if you don't like SJ, then Overextended should end up being a straight upgrade for your Frame.

Edited by SortaRandom

Personally I run a balance build of Excal for quite some time and I do enjoy it. Just put Vitality, Redirection, (Primed) Continuity, (Primed) Flow, Intensity, Streamline and Stretch along with Radiant Finish. People seem to not know or have forgotten that power strength affects the blind duration while power duration affects the stun duration Radial Blind.

Personally I run a balance build of Excal for quite some time and I do enjoy it. Just put Vitality, Redirection, (Primed) Continuity, (Primed) Flow, Intensity, Streamline and Stretch along with Radiant Finish. People seem to not know or have forgotten that power strength affects the blind duration while power duration affects the stun duration Radial Blind.

Yup, this is exactly my build and I've been running it forever. It's IMO the best build for Excal as it doesn't gimp any abilities, but still has amazing all around stats and is super versatile. When Radiant Finish didn't exist, I filled that spot up with Vigor.

But by the way, you're wrong. Power Strength doesn't affect RB in any way - the 5 second stun after casting can't be affected and Power Duration affects the blind.

Edited by Jahadaya

Well, a good "vanilla" all-around build would be something like:

Vitality, Redirection, Intensity, Continuity, Streamline, Rush, Stretch

Hit 30% harder, 30% longer (duration), reaching 45% further, for 30% less energy.  Add in decent survivability and a bit of mobility.

When you get a lot more experienced you will be able to narrow down a very precise build, but you really can't go wrong with this suggestion.

stun on blind needs to be longer so excal can atleast do more than one finisher move. most of the time you have to spam blind repeatedly to actually make use of the multiplier effect it gives due to the enemies distance. power range and duration should be in the build for a rounded excal. 

stun on blind needs to be longer so excal can atleast do more than one finisher move.

... Have you actually tried the augment? The Finisher prompt is there for the entire blind duration, not just the initial 5sec stun. That's plenty of time to take out small crowds with Finishers alone.