The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ankyros

ROSING

FOR THE LOVE OF ______ IT HAS PROBLEMS!!

It doesn't excel at anything!

Grineer(at best only staggers on ground slam, no armor ignore despite being a blunt trauma weapon)

Corpus (does not stagger at all on ground slam)

Infested (-50% damage)

overall (Does not knock down on ground slam or stun victims

If we could add stun to blows and have armor ignore at least, and maybe buff it some more it'd be great because it's just another weapon that looks really cool but just...sucks.

IMHO I think DE should start buffing some of the weapons we have now instead of nerfing the good ones.

It is best with slide + ground finisher move. If you have a frame that can just knock enemies off their feet like banshee/rhino, Ankyros can deal quite decent damage when you pounce on them. Would be nice if it has the speed of fang though, that would make it worth it.

Really? I LOVE mine. They have 20% crit chance, and 200% crit damage. I use the crit chance mod, and fury and just slash spam away, the slide attack is great too. By far the best melee weapon I've used.

This only indicates you haven't used the actually good melee weapons, then, or are using 'best' to mean the one you've had the most fun with.

They're really objectively bad, and this is coming from someone who uses the Grakata.

It is best with slide + ground finisher move. If you have a frame that can just knock enemies off their feet like banshee/rhino, Ankyros can deal quite decent damage when you pounce on them. Would be nice if it has the speed of fang though, that would make it worth it.

You know the furax do the samething... right ? Wierd enought the ankyros has the same dmage of the furax in slide attacks and ground executes.... really like they just used the same mechanic and changed a little the stats and skin (poor-buged? carbon copy).

Edited by Dasmir

Its sad that the ankyros always get compared to the furax. Its almost not fair because the furax are one of the best melee solutions in the game.

That being said, the ankyros could use some serious love. Either a huge attack speed increase or an attack speed + armor pen treatment. And it HAS to have a revamp with the air attack.

The very worst part about these things is that they aren't even that fast. I guess the crit chance is high but the dual zoren are still WAY better than these things. If anyone has found a mod configuration that makes them work without a potato, lemme know and I'll give em another try, until then, 

furax > ankyros every time. 

If anyone is planning on trying them, I recommend using either rhino (3 knock down moves) or banshee w/ sonic boom to get a lot of ground attacks. 

I honestly would like to see them just do more damage on slides, executes and normals. as well as crit chance and crit damage fully transfering from normal attacks to slides, executes and so forth. it's seriously poor at what it was so called meant to do. the fang and dual zoren alone show this weapon was made S#&$ty or in error. this is not what it's description represents. even the grakata is still not worth it, but fun to have.

Really? I LOVE mine. They have 20% crit chance, and 200% crit damage. I use the crit chance mod, and fury and just slash spam away, the slide attack is great too. By far the best melee weapon I've used.

Sounds like a good idea, except the critical chance mod only adds on 30% of the original critical, so you're left with only 26% damage. I've been trying freeze so I don't get slapped in the face as often, but still, the killing is slow and painful for both the killer and the victim :(

Sounds like a good idea, except the critical chance mod only adds on 30% of the original critical, so you're left with only 26% damage. I've been trying freeze so I don't get slapped in the face as often, but still, the killing is slow and painful for both the killer and the victim :(

Good point on the crit chance mod. I'll have to ditch that one.

You guys are equipping fury with these right? Ankyros are for slash spam, furax is for charging. At least that's what the stats strongly point to. With fury these are 2.4 speed.

If anyone's wondering (they aren't but whatever), my mods for these:

- fire rate

- freeze damage

- armor pierce

- fire damage

- electrical damage

- stun chance (nothing else i liked)

No pressure point or crit damage?

Good point on the crit chance mod. I'll have to ditch that one.

You guys are equipping fury with these right? Ankyros are for slash spam, furax is for charging. At least that's what the stats strongly point to. With fury these are 2.4 speed.

People know what they're for and what the good mods are for them--there's not that many choices.

The problem is they aren't actually good at what they're for, barring incredibly weak enemies and an overleveled/potatoed ankyros.

No pressure point or crit damage?

Sorry yes pressure point. No on crit damage (3 points short)

People know what they're for and what the good mods are for them--there's not that many choices.

The problem is they aren't actually good at what they're for, barring incredibly weak enemies and an overleveled/potatoed ankyros.

I just wanted to make sure people were using Fury with them. Everyone seems so gung-ho on charge attacks.

So a level 30 potatoed weapon is not something you consider in your comparisons? Really?

uhh dude, the reason furax v ankyros comparisons happen is not just the fact furax has a mean &#! charge attack. it is because it does the SAME damage on slides and so forth. sure slightly slower, but not slow enough to me. until they make some changes, I'll toy with a gram next since I've been needing a not-a-scindo toy. though dual zoren and dual ethers have been most fun for me other than fang. which is why I wanted the ankyros, the 3 fast weapons I mentioned were more fun than any charge damage weapons, other than furax + rush being a sissy ninny. because I want to enjoy ranking it up while it IS useful and/or needs mods to truely shine with the rest without being lame with no real pro to using them. I'd gladly slid eattack and execute everything to death if it was powerful ont he ankyros, but it's as strong as the furax's version of the aforementioned.

Sorry yes pressure point. No on crit damage (3 points short)

I just wanted to make sure people were using Fury with them. Everyone seems so gung-ho on charge attacks.

So a level 30 potatoed weapon is not something you consider in your comparisons? Really?

It's not really worth considering the majority of the time because 99% of weapons are going to look pretty good (or at least competent) at level 30 with a potato, so it's rarely relevant to mention it. (also it's because these forums have a terrible habit of saying 'no way guys this weapon is actually good you just need to max it out and potato it and you'll see!!!' which is silly and people shouldn't do that.)

That's not to say you shouldn't ever look at a weapon when it's fully powered up since it obviously has uses (see: viability in late-game content, which of course will be more important as time goes on) but it's much more preferable to have a weapon that, to be blunt, is not completely terrible in the process of leveling it up.

It all comes down to the Ankyros having a neat idea (punchy crit weapon) but being dreadful at it. Having actual armor ignore would be a start! But right now they offer absolutely nothing over the current 'good' weapons and even lose out on some things compared to current 'bad' weapons, which isn't flattering.

It's not really worth considering the majority of the time because 99% of weapons are going to look pretty good (or at least competent) at level 30 with a potato, so it's rarely relevant to mention it. (also it's because these forums have a terrible habit of saying 'no way guys this weapon is actually good you just need to max it out and potato it and you'll see!!!' which is silly and people shouldn't do that.)

That's not to say you shouldn't ever look at a weapon when it's fully powered up since it obviously has uses (see: viability in late-game content, which of course will be more important as time goes on) but it's much more preferable to have a weapon that, to be blunt, is not completely terrible in the process of leveling it up.

It all comes down to the Ankyros having a neat idea (punchy crit weapon) but being dreadful at it. Having actual armor ignore would be a start! But right now they offer absolutely nothing over the current 'good' weapons and even lose out on some things compared to current 'bad' weapons, which isn't flattering.

Completely disagree.

If we're comparing a potatoed weapon, compare it to another potatoed weapon.

If we're comparing a non-potatoed weapon, compare it to a non-potatoed weapon.

It's not rocket science.

In my opinion ALL weapons are junk leveling up, doing 10 dmg when you need to do 250 is a waste of time. Unless you travel to Venus and grind your weapons, which is just as wasteful. I don't even use a weapon until I can fit 2 or 3 maxed mods in it.

Completely disagree.

If we're comparing a potatoed weapon, compare it to another potatoed weapon.

If we're comparing a non-potatoed weapon, compare it to a non-potatoed weapon.

It's not rocket science.

In my opinion ALL weapons are junk leveling up, doing 10 dmg when you need to do 250 is a waste of time. Unless you travel to Venus and grind your weapons, which is just as wasteful. I don't even use a weapon until I can fit 2 or 3 maxed mods in it.

That doesn't have much to do with anything I said but okay. You'll note that re: the potato bit I'm not talking about comparing anything to anything, just if that weapon on its own is actually good or not which should be pretty evident without comparisons required.

Also, if we're comparing potatoed weapons to potatoed weapons: the ankyros is completely terrible and ineffectual compared to other actually good melee weapons. This also applies to unpotatoed. Happy?

Just because you want to wait until you can bring your new guns to high level areas doesn't mean everyone else does. You might be shocked to find out some people might even use entire loadouts with low level weapons to bring them to lower level planets..!!

That doesn't have much to do with anything I said but okay. You'll note that re: the potato bit I'm not talking about comparing anything to anything, just if that weapon on its own is actually good or not which should be pretty evident without comparisons required.

Also, if we're comparing potatoed weapons to potatoed weapons: the ankyros is completely terrible and ineffectual compared to other actually good melee weapons. This also applies to unpotatoed. Happy?

Just because you want to wait until you can bring your new guns to high level areas doesn't mean everyone else does. You might be shocked to find out some people might even use entire loadouts with low level weapons to bring them to lower level planets..!!

People were comparing in this thread.

Yes. Happy.

Not shocked, but don't see the point.

Look at it this way, if you've ever played an MMORPG like WoW, you'll know that comparing a level one character to a level one character is absolutely pointless. To know the true differences between classes you need to see what they can do at their full potential. I feel the same way with the weapons in warframe. There's not a lot of difference between unranked weapons.

Better example, warframes - at level one the only differences is basically run speed and armor. Other than that they are more or less identical. You can't, well shouldn't, compare them like that.

Edited by Akivoodoo

I give it a chance from time to time, even potatoed it but it´s not nearly effective as Furax or other weapons, I´m also using critical.

They main reason that is not effect it´s because when you begin to punch you it´s very common to lose focus of the enemy, real soon/easy to punch the air, because the range it´s too small and the char don´t attack idle he keep going forward and that´s the problem, you have to rotate your camera so you hit the enemy and also the speed it´s not that good, much easier to put Furax and just 1/2 hit kill everything with killing blow/reflex coil.

THE SOLUTION = MAKE 2/3 HITS like dual daggers,

Yes. Happy.

Look at it this way, if you've ever played an MMORPG like WoW, you'll know that comparing a level one character to a level one character is absolutely pointless. To know the true differences between classes you need to see what they can do at their full potential. I feel the same way with the weapons in warframe. There's not a lot of difference between unranked weapons.

Better example, warframes - at level one the only differences is basically run speed and armor. Other than that they are more or less identical. You can't, well shouldn't, compare them like that.

Are you trying your damndest to derail with comparisons to MMORPGs and other vague statements, or are you practicing to run for political office? You make no sense at all and are trying to say that others are invalidated without explaining your logic.

You are like that nerd in the video game store that makes a gigantic injoke and gigglesnorts when nobody else gets it.

Yes. Happy.

None of the comparisons made in this thread were really invalid. In fact, the majority of them were basically on the mark.

You don't see the point in playing a game because someone might... like, have fun? Well, okay.

I have played plenty of MMOs, and I have also not stated you should be comparing unranked weapons either. You know that there's a bunch of levels between 'unranked' and '30', right? Unless you do nothing but let the weapon leech exp in groups, most people would probably like to know if the weapon is not completely terrible and awful along the way.

The point is, exclusively talking about how good a weapon is when it's completely maxed out in a game where every single weapon can be said to look good at max level with a potato is completely meaningless--because, surprise, people use this argument to justify every weapon being good compared to every other weapon. There's a very big divide in meaning between 'the grakata is great it out check out this video of me on sedna using it maxed out' and 'the grakata is okay when you max it out and completely crap otherwise unless you immediately potato it and it'll still take forever to get good', which is what I'm trying to get across. If you can't see that there are players who definitely care about the part where you actually get the weapon to 30 first, then that's another issue altogether, but this is getting off-topic enough as it is.

And realistically, there's not enough super hard end-game content to even realistically compare maxed out weapons because all we have is defense, and the scaling on that has obvious issues that render the majority of weapons completely irrelevant.