The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Poll Results-86.9% Of Players Want Rollers Tweaked/removed

Madotsuki

That sounds amazing.

It sounds too easy to just look in a Rollers general direction and hold a key to instantly render it worthless.

I wouldn't be opposed to making leaping Rollers more susceptible to actual melee strikes, however. Currently, if you hit a Roller with a single non-charge melee swing, if it doesn't kill the Roller the Roller continues on its path. I'd prefer to see the Roller knocked back as well as damaged if I manage to strike it, rewarding me for my timing.

1.000 people of more than 1.000.000 is not much. Many that did not have a problem with Rollers didn't even bother looking at the original poll. So did I. I just came here to say that. I think Rollers are currently one of few enemies that actually force you to change your targe priorities :)

EDIT:

I am not against a change/tweak. If many people do not enjoy them then turn them into something that everyone can enjoy.

Its not impossible.

Edited by Gekker

*snip*

Well, at least we managed to reach 13 pages before we finally reached the endgame of "bah, the poll is useless, it doesn't matter what it says at all".

Also, occam's razor, have you heard of it?

Because I'm getting real damn tired of people implying that the majority of the fanbase is apparently stupidly incompetent rather than...you know, the rollers being a terribly designed enemy.

1.000 people of more than 1.000.000 is not much. Many that did not have a problem with Rollers didn't even bother looking at the original poll. So did I. I just came here to say that. I think Rollers are currently one of few enemies that actually force you to change your targe priorities :)

Look up how polls work.

Edited by RealityMachina

Well, at least we managed to reach 13 pages before we finally reached the endgame of "bah, the poll is useless, it doesn't matter what it says at all".

Also, occam's razor, have you heard of it?

Because I'm getting real damn tired of people implying that the majority of the fanbase is apparently stupidly incompetent rather than...you know, the rollers being a terribly designed enemy.

Look up how polls work.

Because the endgame is bah, and it is the #1 most critical issue facing this game's future. I will bring it up until I see something resembling a plan for the game.

Yes I have heard of Occam's Razor, no idea how it applies to this conversation. The assumption that a majority of the fanbase have difficulties with roller balls is a pretty big assumption. No one I play with has any issues with them, so according to my tiny sample size they are fine. I cannot however speak to them in endless missions at higher waves as I haven't tried that yet.

Polls have to be controlled very carefully to have any meaning. Where the question is posed largely will affect the outcome.

Not looking to get into a flame war. You said what you think, I said what I think. There seems to be some universal forum belief system that all posts are acts of war rather than people just contributing their point of views.

Fact: The Grineer Roller is the most dangerous thing about fighting the Grineer, what does that say?  Some people would argue it means we don't need to touch the rollers, but I say the problems have been listed many times in this thread; stunlock, lack of a skillful way to handle the things, buggy and obnoxious.

I think we should nerf the rollers (or the number of them released in any one room, mayhaps?) and then do something else for the rest of the Grineer so they're not just target shooting while I dodge deathballs that are for some reason more dangerous than robot space marines.

Fact: The Grineer Roller is the most dangerous thing about fighting the Grineer, what does that say?  Some people would argue it means we don't need to touch the rollers, but I say the problems have been listed many times in this thread; stunlock, lack of a skillful way to handle the things, buggy and obnoxious.

I think we should nerf the rollers (or the number of them released in any one room, mayhaps?) and then do something else for the rest of the Grineer so they're not just target shooting while I dodge deathballs that are for some reason more dangerous than robot space marines.

Stunlocking isn't the real problem.

The problem is that most players only cares about themselves and not their teammates.

If rollers are changed into a guy with a taser gun who stuns and lock you in place, with the intention for teammates to save you by shooting him, threads asking for the guy with a taser gun to be removed/nerfed will still pop up because players will still have the individualistic mindset of killing everything themselves and not helping other players.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

What this thread has revealed to me is that based on the sample of players in this thread, a notable portion of gamers and forum goers lack certain aspects of common sense and math skills that extend beyond geometry.

Think of it differenlty, I see it as a large percentage (more than 20%) of the people who have bothered posting think there is no problem. Perhaps another poll  to see if most forum goers think a poll works?  ^^

Or you can see that people have different opinions of things and that your position is your position, his is his, and its a fact you both think its the other guy who is an idiot. When you consider yourself infallably correct both men are correct.

86% of 1000 people, isn't 86% of 1,000,000+.

Rollers are the Creepers of Warframe. I like them the way they are, being both annoying and slightly funny. It can turn a silent Skype run into a giant cursing conversation, as you and your teammates focus fire it down.

Just because you can't smash it with a single hit, doesn't mean it should be removed. People complain about wanting challenges. How is hitting a rolling ball, while moving around avoiding it, not challenging? It's like American Gladiator from the 90s. :P

Edited by Strudelhouse

Wow..I thought this thread would be dead by now.

Well, let me say that both sides of the poll is valid and invalid are right.

1000 is sufficient to represent 1,000,000. This is the way polls/surveys work.

You take a sample size that is representative of the population.

Say if you want take gender and race into consideration and your population has 50% male and 50% female and 40% race 1 and 60% race 2, your sample size should correctly reflect these percentages.

1000 voters from a non-compulsory poll/survey however is not representative of a population.

This is because these voters were not randomly chosen by a system. There is bias and the results are likely to be unreliable.

We don't know how many of these players have played the game enough. How many even know what a roller is. How many even play the game.

A good poll would probably take 1000 people out of the total population of the game.

Ensure they are eligible for it by using statistics that DE might have like hours played.

Explain to them what Rollers, Tweaking, Nerfing, Removal means to prevent Construct Invalidity due to possible definition differences in individual.

It will also be compulsory and of course not all 1000 will give you a response as with all compulsory polls/surveys (yes, some people have issue with authority, that's why fines and penalties are needed but that's for government issued surveys) so it is good to always have a huge sample size. The bigger the better but also more expensive.

Then, if you think that certain aspects might affect the results, like maybe race, gender, country of origin, mastery level, number of hours, mods owned, whatever, then you do what I mentioned earlier by making the sample reflect that.

The voter must also be chosen with a system (RNG maybe) while taking into the constraints set by the aspects to ensure it is random.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

• 2 months later...

well, im kinda late to post something here, but whatever.

a lot of people are saying that the rollers are the only challenging and interesting thing in the game. a lot of people say they are unfair and boring.

this is easy, really. what about making the rest of the enemies interesting and challenging and then reworking or removing the rollers?

because if the only reason you are playing this is because of the rollers, then the game has something very wrong with it

"Poll Results-86.9% of Players want Rollers tweaked."

I forgot that random polls, created in some other forums now represent a community....

This thread is invalid.....

+ Rollers are one of the most unique opponents in the game, hell I kind of hope they release roller shield-drones for the Grineer :P Least it's a challange to hit them, and becomes a focus point to take out before wiping the group. 

and will leave it at that. This thread was resurrected from May anyway ;3