Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issues With A New Mouse

Imaru

I got myself a brand new Razer Naga Hex (Wraith Red edition because I am 3edgy5you) mouse because I felt like spoiling myself. Got it home, unpacked it and plugged it into my PC (I have Synapse installed) aaannnndddddd...

No go. Thing doesn't even light up.When I plug it in, it makes the USB device plugged in sound but comes up with an error message of "USB device not recognized."

According to the packing materials all I need to do to get it working is plug it into a computer with  Synapse 2.0 installed (which I did) but it doesn't work.

So far I've restarted my PC countless times, uninstalled and reinstalled Synapse and the mouse drivers a number of times, and of course unplugged and replugged the mouse (it's a wired model). I haven't plugged it into any other PC's because I have none with Synapse installed.

The weirdest thing to me is that it doesn't even show up in Synapse when I launch it. It only shows my headset (Kraken 7.1 Chroma) but not the Naga Hex.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Try a different USB port if you haven't already. Some mice are picky about what they are plugged into, be it USB 2 or 3.

Also have a look under control panel>System>Device Manager to see if anything shows up there, it might be being recognized incorrectly.

Apart from that it looks like yo have done just about everything I could think of, and it could just be an issue with the mouse itself, in which case your best bet is to take it back to the shop, and tell them they sold you a faulty mouse

Try a different USB port if you haven't already. Some mice are picky about what they are plugged into, be it USB 2 or 3.

Also have a look under control panel>System>Device Manager to see if anything shows up there, it might be being recognized incorrectly.

Apart from that it looks like yo have done just about everything I could think of, and it could just be an issue with the mouse itself, in which case your best bet is to take it back to the shop, and tell them they sold you a faulty mouse

I forgot to mention that I have tried all four ports on my PC, as well as an additional four from a USB splitter. If I can't get it to work by wednesday I'll be bringing it back to Best Buy to exchange it with something that works. 

what you're doing wrong is buying Razer products. i've had nothing but trouble with their junk

To each their own, I have been very happy with the headsets I've had from them (the Kraken and Cacharias some time ago). It's just this mouse that's giving me issues. 

I forgot to mention that I have tried all four ports on my PC, as well as an additional four from a USB splitter. If I can't get it to work by wednesday I'll be bringing it back to Best Buy to exchange it with something that works. 

To each their own, I have been very happy with the headsets I've had from them (the Kraken and Cacharias some time ago). It's just this mouse that's giving me issues. 

Only Razer thing I own is my headset (Tiamat 7.1's) and they have been good, but as far as mice go, Logitech is superior in my opinion.

Only Razer thing I own is my headset (Tiamat 7.1's) and they have been good, but as far as mice go, Logitech is superior in my opinion.

Problem for me is that I really like the way the Naga Hex feels in my hand, honestly far more than the Logitec M510 I have. Also the extra buttons are always nice. 

I got myself a brand new Razer Naga Hex (Wraith Red edition because I am 3edgy5you) mouse because I felt like spoiling myself. Got it home, unpacked it and plugged it into my PC (I have Synapse installed) aaannnndddddd...

No go. Thing doesn't even light up.When I plug it in, it makes the USB device plugged in sound but comes up with an error message of "USB device not recognized."

According to the packing materials all I need to do to get it working is plug it into a computer with  Synapse 2.0 installed (which I did) but it doesn't work.

So far I've restarted my PC countless times, uninstalled and reinstalled Synapse and the mouse drivers a number of times, and of course unplugged and replugged the mouse (it's a wired model). I haven't plugged it into any other PC's because I have none with Synapse installed.

The weirdest thing to me is that it doesn't even show up in Synapse when I launch it. It only shows my headset (Kraken 7.1 Chroma) but not the Naga Hex.

Anyone have any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Buying a razer product huehuehuehuehue

So after a fair amount of deliberation I have decided to bring it back to Best Buy to either get one that works or get a refund for it. Anyone have a recommendation of another mouse with a similar shape if I decide not to get another Naga Hex?