Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mire Vs Dark Daggers

Roasting

Question

I know both are apparently bad,but I want to be able to gain energy, through the syndicate mod and these are the only melee weps that give energy I also want to use Corrosive Proj over energy siph. But which of the two would be considered better? 

Mire Vs Kestrel Vs Dark Dagger just updated.

Edited by Roasting

18 answers to this question

Totally depends on what you like.  The Mire is a sword so it can use the crimson dervish stance if that's a factor.  However, it's syndicate mod assumes you will always use toxin on your build.  Daggers, in my opinion, are harder to use because of the short range, but the dark dagger is innately radiation which allows for some interesting elemental combinations.  Daggers are also pretty good at coptering.

OO Actually yes I want to include Kestrel in this as well didn't know it was a melee wep. Dunno why I considered it a secondary, so Kestel vs Mire vs Dark Dagger. Still based more off which is better of the 3, not which gives the most energy.

Edited by Roasting

I personally use Dark Dagger the most, mainly for the status chance which is decent.

I slotted it for Blast and Electricity, so enemies usually get knocked down or stunned (or Radiation'd). However, it is not a damaging weapon. Pointed Wind is a very fast stance with ostensibly good damage modifiers (does much more damage than unequipped melee attacks), but the spin attacks and regular melee attacks don't kill much.

Edited by Otenko

Personal Preference:

Mire does better damage than Dark Dagger.

Dark Dagger has a more useful proc than Mire, and farther copter. Edit: The stance polarity sucks. Badly.

Kestrel has a ranged knockdown, the ability to AoE with it (at range), ability to self nuke, and ranged Life Strike.

Edit: But the synd effect isn't as good, imo; increased energy cap and magnetic proc < increased speed and Viral.

Edited by Darzk

In the interest of full disclosure, I should probably mention it only juuuust kills that Heavy Gunner.

Steel Charge, Crimson Dervish, Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, Fury, Lifestrike R0, Toxic Blight, Fever Strike, Shocking Touch, Finishing Touch