The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matrix Clan Now Recruiting!

(PSN)bluehawk716

WELCOME TO MATRIX!  PM bluehawk716 or apply now we are a shadow clan and we are aiming for a larger clan size, we have full research, a big dojo, a clan emblem.  We are very active and I have been playing warframe alot since it came out on the PS4.  I am willing to help people out by sharing my knowledge of the game and would appreciate any requests to join.  Thank you very much!

Heres a link to our page on our alliance's website Reapers of Mayhem:    http://www.reapersofmayhem.com/forums.html#/matrix/

Edited by (PS4)bluehawk716

• 5 months later...

Best bet? Make a forum thread! There is an area of the forums dedicated strictly to clan recruiting. :) Give some detailed information, post it, and wait and see. It takes some time, but you'll usually get some people interested!

Edited by DaganEldr

Best bet? Make a forum thread! There is an area of the forums dedicated strictly to clan recruiting. :) Give some detailed information, post it, and wait and see. It takes some time, but you'll usually get some people interested!

Yeah I did... and its been awhile with no results.  You probably read this post before I posted a link to my recruitment page.

Edited by (PS4)bluehawk716

Yeah I did... and its been awhile with no results

How much detail did you add to the post? Clan size, research progress, room progress etc? I've learned if you set a goal for your clan, people will be more interested in joining. Summarize what you'd like your clan to stand for, and make sure it's known that you're motivated. Some people even decorate their forum posts with fancy banners! :)

How much detail did you add to the post? Clan size, research progress, room progress etc? I've learned if you set a goal for your clan, people will be more interested in joining. Summarize what you'd like your clan to stand for, and make sure it's known that you're motivated. Some people even decorate their forum posts with fancy banners! :)

Its fairly detailed, I'm not that good at making things very fancy.

Well, it depends. How long ago did your old topic get made? If it was a matter of a few days ago and you haven't bumped it already, I might suggest that, just as long as it's done sparingly (it helps if the comment is constructive to the main post). If it's been QUITE a while, then you might want to start a new one. :)

Edited by DaganEldr

I've been playing online games since the late 1990s, and it has been my experience that guilds/clans/corporations/linkshells/etc. started by one person or just a few friends almost always have a tough time growing, although there are exceptions. A major exception is that when a game is brand-new, large clans and alliances will often form spontaneously, entirely within the game. It's a sort of "pioneer" phenomenon.

For the most part, sizable player organizations are based on communities that exists outside of the game: Large forum- and website-based communities (Reddit, Something Awful, etc.), competitive gaming and streaming communities (who of course also typically have their own websites/forums), and so on.

In addition, when many clan-less players begin looking for a clan, they'll usually seek out fairly active clans with a sizable member list so that they always have some people to talk to and play with.

Generally, small one-man clans indeed grow by direct word-of-mouth: Inviting people you meet, your Steam friends, etc. I doubt there's any particular strategy you can use to grow your clan rapidly and attract the average clan-seeker until you have a "critical mass" of active members.

Finding an alliance to join might help a bit.

Note, I'm not saying this always the case for every clan (or any organization in any game), but it's pretty standard stuff in MMOs.

Edited by Kastorius

I've been playing online games since the late 1990s, and it has been my experience that guilds/clans/corporations/linkshells/etc. started by one person or just a few friends almost always have a tough time growing, although there are exceptions. A major exception is that when a game is brand-new, large clans and alliances will often form spontaneously, entirely within the game. It's a sort of "pioneer" phenomenon.

For the most part, sizable player organizations are based on communities that exists outside of the game: Large forum- and website-based communities (Reddit, Something Awful, etc.), competitive gaming and streaming communities (who of course also typically have their own websites/forums), and so on.

In addition, when many clan-less players begin looking for a clan, they'll usually seek out fairly active clans with a sizable member list so that they always have some people to talk to and play with.

Generally, small one-man clans indeed grow by direct word-of-mouth: Inviting people you meet, your Steam friends, etc. I doubt there's any particular strategy you can use to grow your clan rapidly and attract the average clan-seeker until you have a "critical mass" of active members.

Finding an alliance to join might help a bit.

Note, I'm not saying this always the case for every clan (or any organization in any game), but it's pretty standard stuff in MMOs.

I joined an Alliance that has a website recently and I have been posting in recruiting.  Any more tips?

bluehawk716, while advertising on the forums is always a good start for recruiting, I highly suggest you recruit players you meet in game. I think you just might be surprised by how many players don't belong to a clan, or might even be looking for a new clan. If you don't use the in-game voice chat, you might want to start using that if you are able. Speaking during missions often piques the attention of squad mates. I've even had players on opposing teams seek me out after PvP matches to ask for friend requests and even to join my clan. I would, however, caution against hounding squad mates about joining your clan...nobody likes to be badgered.

Good luck on finding new clan members!

I've recruited 100 people within a month using recruiting tab and offering random people I've played with to join my clan (of course, if I'd found them worthy). Also my clan mates tend to bring their friends to join us. There is too many topics of shiny and swaggy clans, so your thread will probably be lost - almost anyone wants to join a big clan with full research.

You need to attract people with something. Start working hard on your dojo. Create an awesome website. Upload a glorious emblem. Own a TS server.

Edited by Suncake

TS server?  I have an emblem a large dojo and full research.  I'm also a fairly active player.  I just wish there was a better way than spamming recruiting and getting maybe a few very new players that play about 2 days and never come back.  I'm on PS4 and I'm pretty sure that you guys on pc have a significantly larger player base making it much easier to find more people in need of a clan.

I've recruited 100 people within a month using recruiting tab and offering random people I've played with to join my clan (of course, if I'd found them worthy). Also my clan mates tend to bring their friends to join us. There is too many topics of shiny and swaggy clans, so your thread will probably be lost - almost anyone wants to join a big clan with full research.

You need to attract people with something. Start working hard on your dojo. Create an awesome website. Upload a glorious emblem. Own a TS server.

Ps4 does have a smaller player base, making it harder to snag the numbers. Also, ps4 players are either extra loyal to the game they play, or fickle and hops to a bunch of new games. Problem is, most of the loyal players are either in a clan, or in an empty clan and can't be bothered to move. Of course, this is just my opinion based on a small smattering of dudes.

I've gathered that a lot of people actually enjoy being in a small clan. A small coherent company of cohesive comrades. After I left my clan it took forever to find a clan, and continues to be a lingering thought. Saying you're looking to become a mega-clan can be a huge turn off. There's enough of those. If you're really looking to be in such a huge clan, maybe join one, and try to be a general?

Just keep pluging away. "If you build it, they will come" "All good things come to those who wait" "...may not be reproduced without the expressed written consent of Major League Baseball" And any other inspirational quotes. :)

Ps4 does have a smaller player base, making it harder to snag the numbers. Also, ps4 players are either extra loyal to the game they play, or fickle and hops to a bunch of new games. Problem is, most of the loyal players are either in a clan, or in an empty clan and can't be bothered to move. Of course, this is just my opinion based on a small smattering of dudes.

I've gathered that a lot of people actually enjoy being in a small clan. A small coherent company of cohesive comrades. After I left my clan it took forever to find a clan, and continues to be a lingering thought. Saying you're looking to become a mega-clan can be a huge turn off. There's enough of those. If you're really looking to be in such a huge clan, maybe join one, and try to be a general?

Just keep pluging away. "If you build it, they will come" "All good things come to those who wait" "...may not be reproduced without the expressed written consent of Major League Baseball" And any other inspirational quotes. :)

I recently just solved the problem, I'm just gonna go down the player list in chat sending clan invites until I stumble upon someone who receives the invite.  I then ask if they want to join.  I have almost 30 players now but I undoubtedly will have to repeat this process to replace exiting/inactive members.