The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Moderate Memory Leak Since 4/19

YCCCM7

Pretty new to warframe as of a couple weeks ago, and while there's some things that are pretty offsetting, (physical projectiles blocking melee and grenades tracing hits through walls), the game is a fun experience and runs pretty smooth, give or take crashes to desktop and nvidia driver crashes, but as of late both of those issues have vanished, and instead I get these nifty memory leaks going on.

System Specs, courtesy of Speccy:

Operating System
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
    Intel Core i3 530 @ 2.93GHz    42 °C
    Clarkdale 32nm Technology
RAM
    6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
    Gateway H57M01 (CPU 1)    41 °C
Graphics
    NS-24E730A12 (1920x1080@60Hz)

1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (NVIDIA)

Side notes: Playing Warframe through steam, at pretty much bottom-rung settings for stability sake, including DX10.

My issue is about every 10 to 20 minutes or so, the game will lock up in a brief spike of memory leak (I've played enough java based games to know these suckers all too well) and about 10-20 seconds later it'll resume where I was give or take scrambled control input (like looking straight at the ceiling after abstaining from control input) and a second or so of time passing in-game.

It's more of a mild nuisance when doing singleplayer missions, but when doing missions with a friend, it become quite fatal to the session. The memory leaks persist for so long, if I'm hosting he'll be kicked for excessive latency, and if I'm client I'LL be kicked for excessive latency, and it'll have odd output like telling him he's the one lagging out. As the title of the thread states, this has been going on since 4/19. Any known memory leaks going on, or is this related to updates or other, obscure, settings based stuff?

Thanks for your time, ~YCCCM7

EDIT 1: Somehow posting thrashed my formatting, primarily including line breaks. Remedied hopefully.

Edited by YCCCM7

Wasn't able to grab anything in the form of images. Had 2 small-scale freezes I had never seen until doing this recording, but over the course of 3 or so missions and the time managing bits inbetween, I recorded all CPU ranges and RAM usage in MB, definitely an increase going on, but it's not perfectly consistent.

Record Start Non-Spike Usage(In Ship):
CPU    RAM

09-12    654m

Recorded Spikes:
CPU    RAM    Small Spike?

17-19    872m

0-21    946m

03-25    938M    [small]

13-17   947m

0-20    960m

05-25    967m

01-23    973m

0-25    1070m

0-25    1027m

0-22    1011m    [small]

Record End Non-Spike Usage (In Ship):
CPU    RAM

10-18    1000m

An odd effect I'm noting here is that the CPU usage drops to a minimum of 0 and a maximum of what is generally higher peak during freezes. Not as much as a direct increase in average as much as a wider range.

EDIT: Thought I'd emphasize that after said missions, average RAM usage while doddling in-ship had increased about 52% or so since bootup, and was definitely climbing even between missions. Why the freeze period is so heavy when I have so much in computer resources lying around is a mystery to me, but there's something going on about properly unloading resources from the game.

Edited by YCCCM7

Once upon a time, there was a bug that caused the game to freeze for 15-ish seconds randomly (at least once every half-hour or so). Both in-mission and off-mission (even in the login screen).

That bug caused the CPU to max-out to 100% for the entire duration of the freeze and then recover, with absolutely no variations in amount of memory used.

The description is close enough tho, so yours might just be another way for the bug to manifest.

Have you tried unparking your cores?

Can you safely exclude any hardware/software modification since the 19th of this month?

Does the problem arise only in warframe?

Haven't tried unparking my cores. I'm unknowledged as to what that accomplishes it, but people mention it a lot in regard to warframe technicals.

Nothing has changed in my software or hardware. Only thing I can think of was that XFire in game was identifying and rendering in-game XFire utilities with DX9, I shut that down and the problems still persisted as usual, though. Merited, my PC seems to agree with DX9 more than 10 and certainly more than 11, if it's even capable with its current specs.

And the issue occurs solely within warframe, I can confirm.

Counter question: Is parking ones cores reversible via the listed application, and are there any foreseeable effects (other than the desired ones) included to the unparking process? I'll try unparking if it seems docile enough.

Hate to double post, but in this case it's relevant. Tried unparking CPU's, didn't matter. Game runs at same sub-par FPS (which I can live with, you snobby 60 FPS'rs) and the same periods of freezing. Absolutely 0 difference in any way I can tell. Lovely.

Don't think anyone has the answers at this point, but thought I'd mention 2 hotfixes ago as of the time of writing, the memory leaks had vanished, and as of the last one, they're back. Tried playing with setting some more, no setting seem to eliminate memory leaks, it's just the game itself causing it unconditionally. Last post I intend to make in this thread since it's a dead end.

Pretty new to warframe as of a couple weeks ago, and while there's some things that are pretty offsetting, (physical projectiles blocking melee and grenades tracing hits through walls), the game is a fun experience and runs pretty smooth, give or take crashes to desktop and nvidia driver crashes, but as of late both of those issues have vanished, and instead I get these nifty memory leaks going on.

System Specs, courtesy of Speccy:

Operating System

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU

Intel Core i3 530 @ 2.93GHz    42 °C

Clarkdale 32nm Technology

RAM

6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

Gateway H57M01 (CPU 1)    41 °C

Graphics

NS-24E730A12 (1920x1080@60Hz)

1024MB NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (NVIDIA)

Side notes: Playing Warframe through steam, at pretty much bottom-rung settings for stability sake, including DX10.

My issue is about every 10 to 20 minutes or so, the game will lock up in a brief spike of memory leak (I've played enough java based games to know these suckers all too well) and about 10-20 seconds later it'll resume where I was give or take scrambled control input (like looking straight at the ceiling after abstaining from control input) and a second or so of time passing in-game.

It's more of a mild nuisance when doing singleplayer missions, but when doing missions with a friend, it become quite fatal to the session. The memory leaks persist for so long, if I'm hosting he'll be kicked for excessive latency, and if I'm client I'LL be kicked for excessive latency, and it'll have odd output like telling him he's the one lagging out. As the title of the thread states, this has been going on since 4/19. Any known memory leaks going on, or is this related to updates or other, obscure, settings based stuff?

Thanks for your time, ~YCCCM7

EDIT 1: Somehow posting thrashed my formatting, primarily including line breaks. Remedied hopefully.

pretty much noticed that as well considering my game freezes every now and then on liset and dojo etc

tho ive got similar specs to you i run the CPU at 3.07GHz and have 4gigs of ram and run a GT640 OC