Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Rework

EliteJoe

Question

22 answers to this question

If you cast Hallowed Ground and stand on it, you and your allies get extra armor and protection from status procs and knockdowns. Reckoning applies a blind state to any enemies that enter its range after it's been cast. 

Edited by StoneBrigand

Smite has forced Radiation proc and knockdown on initial target, with its projectiles forcing Puncture proc and homing in on targets.

Hallowed Ground eliminates status effects on players within the field, and boosts armor.

Renewal heals over time (and immediate health upon orb contact with other players) as long as Oberon has energy, and removes status effects when health is fully restored.

Reckoning forces Radiation proc and knockdown, blinding enemies who survive or are in close proximity.

Oberon's armor was buffed to 150.

Augments:

Smite Infusion lets you cast it on allies, giving them 140% Radiation damage on all weapons.

Hallowed Eruption lets you detonate Hallowed Ground, dealing a ton of Radiation damage to enemies within the field.

Edited by APBladeX

So i haven't played this game in some time and when i came back to it i heard oberon got reworked. Can anyone tell me the changes made to him?

Smite got force radiation proc (I believe), hallowed grounds while on it you and your teammates are immune to status procs and knowbacks, renewal is toggable and the burst heal is affected by power strength and heal over time is affected by duration, reckoning applies force radiation and a hybrid of excal radial blind....all of this on the top of my head..

Smite has forced Radiation proc and knockdown on initial target, with its projectiles forcing Puncture proc and homing in on targets.

Hallowed Ground eliminates status effects on players within the field, and boosts armor.

Renewal heals over time as long as Oberon has energy, and removes status effects when health is fully restored.

Reckoning forces Radiation proc and knockdown, blinding enemies who survive or are in close proximity.

Oberon's armor was buffed to 150.

ya what he said lol

Warframe Changes:
Oberon Changes:
Armor:
• Oberon’s base Armor increased to 150.

Smite:
• Projectiles that are spawned after impact seek-to-target, not just spawned in direction.
• Speed up projectiles by 50%.
• Forced Radiation proc on the initial target.
• Forced Knock-down on initial target instead of stumble.
• Forced Puncture proc on all enemies hit.
Hallowed Ground:
• Allies within Hallowed Ground can not be proc’ed.
• Hallowed Ground will remove all existing procs from Allies.
• Armour boosted by 5/10/15/20% per rank for all Allies on Hallowed Ground, with stacking being explored on multiple casts.
Renewal:
• Switch to toggle ability with smaller base cost and energy per second active drain. All Renewal benefits occur when projectile reaches target ally.
• Boost Heal amount 200/250/300/400 per rank.
• When target is fully healed, remove any active proc effects.
• Allies affected by Renewal have slowed bleedout by 20/25/35/45% per rank. This is affected by duration mods. 
Reckoning:
• Forced Radiation Proc added to damage on targets.
• Small radial blind added to slam impact, but only for enemies that survive the damage of the cast. This radial blind will be applied to enemies that move into range after it’s been cast and are blinded by the impact of those being slammed by Reckoning!

here ya go straight from update 14.5 (as of now nothing really changed correct me if Im wrong)

Don't quote me on this but yeah Oberon has more utility now and CC. I think he's capable for high lvl play ( I main him as a healer frame for procs and heath) just don't expect it to be a damage dealer lol.
Edited by Rodee7

Just levelled him to 30 last night and sold him - I didn't see him filling a role better than other frames do. He did ok on higher level defense.

s-s-SOLD HIM? YOU SOLD OBERON? WHERE?! TO THE SLAVE MARKET?

Edited by EliteJoe

Dude teach me the ways man (i sold Oberon back in U13 to the slave market just because i didn't like how he looked like)

Here's what I run. Basically I use Smite to deal with single targets in large groups (make enemies surrounding them attack the target), Hallowed Ground to remove procs from me (and allies if they stand on it), Renewal to remove procs from myself and allies and heal, and Reckoning to deal damage and generate health orbs for Equilibrium to turn into energy and vice versa. It also helps with lots of CC trough the Radiation proc on enemies and blind effect that it applies. 

Here's what I run. Basically I use Smite to deal with single targets in large groups (make enemies surrounding them attack the target), Hallowed Ground to remove procs from me (and allies if they stand on it), Renewal to remove procs from myself and allies and heal, and Reckoning to deal damage and generate health orbs for Equilibrium to turn into energy and vice versa. It also helps with lots of CC trough the Radiation proc on enemies and blind effect that it applies. 

I would have tried to fit Rage onto there somewhere if you're running equilibrium, maybe switch it out for natural talent?

I would have tried to fit Rage onto there somewhere if you're running equilibrium, maybe switch it out for natural talent?

I have a build that I set up for a Draco run (ONCE. NEVER AGAIN) that traded Natural Talent for Smite Infusion and the cast times were just too slow for me. I like being able to cast an ability and keep moving right away, not needing to wait for the animation to take its time (though they are awesome animations). Trading Natural Talent for Rage though would probably work. 

Edited by Imaru

Oberon main here too :D

I use maxed range/maxed efficiency for the radiation procs from smite/reckoning. I find it highly effective as the large range and the knockdown is great for CC and the blinded enemies just adds to the range of disabled enemies. After the enemies get up, they will still be affected by 2-3 seconds of radiation which is great for CC. The only problems with my build are that hallowed ground only lasts for about 7 seconds and it takes several seconds to cast because of the system trying to render my large carpet of death. Oh, and that renewal kinda sucks with that build...

Otherwise, he's fine. I take him to sechura, t4 missions, draco(and carry the squad), etc. To some(most, actually) players, he's just kind of seen as a mid tiered frame based on damage with his abilities too spread out to be specialized but if you play with him a lot, you'll probably realize his true potential. None of his abilities require strength mods(except renewal but....eh). Smite deals...meh damage but the radiation proc and the stagger is great, plus the little orbs that split off from it is great for crowds that are a farther distance away(base is 75m). Hallowed ground is a perfect tool for lots of things; just stand on it and those pesky corrupted heavies won't be able to knock you down and those exminus units will just be....normal units. Renewal is meh. Reckoning is bae <3. Just spam 25 energy slams with primed flow and you'll be stun-locking the entire map with radiation procs...

(oh and i recommend getting the augment for smite as well, 100%+ of radiation procs just says goodbye to nyx and loki prime at the same time...

Broberon Kenobi is so bae <3

I have a build that I set up for a Draco run (ONCE. NEVER AGAIN) that traded Natural Talent for Smite Infusion and the cast times were just too slow for me. I like being able to cast an ability and keep moving right away, not needing to wait for the animation to take its time (though they are awesome animations). Trading Natural Talent for Rage though would probably work. 

Putting natural talent on any frame and then taking it away feels like everything is taking too long. Once upon a time, I put natural talent on my oberon and well, he worked wonders(the animation and the sound didn't really sync together properly, though so it was really awkward). Then, I took natural talent off for rage and I felt like as if I had another nekros in my hands...imagine taking natural talent off of nekros O.o

Though now I'm used to his casting times. Putting natural talent back on would probably throw me off wack(again).

Edited by Kungpaobeef

Because Rage is stronger. Equilibrium is kinda crap especially on higher levels when reckoning won't kill targets and is only a CC.

Ok that's what I was thinking... replace Equilibrium with Rage... not use them both.

Why use Rage if you have Equilibrium?

Because with Rage/vitality combo plus your renewal.  I'm damn near god mode.

Oberon main here as well.

Steel Charge

Vitality

Rage

Transient Fortitude

Blind Rage

Intensify

Stretch

Fleeting

Streamline

No sense in building duration towards magic carpet.  Situational skill, damage not worth it. 

You can maybe make another config and use it for infested D's if you want, but honesly not something you want to build towards.

Make an alternate config for that.

The above setup allows your Renewal to have a 315hp initial heal with around 1k healing over time which will heal all frames.

Not to mention more power strength for your reckoning, which will fall off damage wise but offers much more than just damage with radiation proc, blind, knockdown and healt orb drop.

With the Rage/Vitality combo, the idea is you want to take hits to your health pool to generate energy. 

Then slam everything into the ground and spam renewal.  Damn near god mode if you possess awareness. (most dont)

Team benefits from Renewal spam, so win/win.  You god mode yourself and supply your team with health and status proc removal.

So he fits my in your face brawling play style.  I don't sit still.  I'm running, gunning, chopping, slashing, and stomping guts out.

Rarely if ever do I die with that setup unless i get overzealous or admittedly try to show off and jump into the middle of 100 enemies....lol