The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

10 Mod Slots For Warframes

(XBOX)LexaHex

With The release of augment mods, lots of people have been wanting more slots or specific slots for augment mods. 

Maybe we should get the 10 slot layout back, so players who want more slots for their augment mods can have more slots. And players who want more complex builds can rejoice.

Edited by (XB1)LexaHex488

The reason the 10 slot layout was removed was because of the fact ability cards were also removed, meaning slots for specific abilities became redundant. With the new system, having the old 10 slot layout would make everyone even more overpowered than they already are. I mean come on, there has to be SOME limit to how much power we can have.

The reason the 10 slot layout was removed was because of the fact ability cards were also removed, meaning slots for specific abilities became redundant. With the new system, having the old 10 slot layout would make everyone even more overpowered than they already are. I mean come on, there has to be SOME limit to how much power we can have.

Yes, I know the 10 was lowered to 8 because the ability cards were removed. But since they were removed, builds for warframes became more crammed together, like for the Nova build im using, I dont have space for a redirection or vitality or any utility mod.

Yes, I do agree with you on this one, and I believe the Devs have said something about this on recent devstreams (don't hold me to that).  Hopefully they realize that adding more slots, not just for Augments, but for any mods we want can really help late game.  I for one like to use mods like Enemy Sense, Thief's Wit, and Master Thief, but I can't even get a full build going with those mods in them now a days, unless I base the build around those mods.  I know of the Aura Versions for Enemy Sense and Thief's Wit (Enemy Radar and Loot Detector respectfully), but I tend to make my aura slots the Defense Polarity (the one that looks like a D) for Rejuvenation, to help keep teammates alive.  I don't personally need Energy Siphon as much as others, since I tend to be very efficient with my ammo and energy.  I also like to use various Augment Mods as well, so having the 2 mod slots they took away back would really help with customizing my own builds without truly sacrificing mods I love to use.

PS: Either that, or maybe do what they might do to damage based mods like Serration (where the weapons increase in strength naturally as they level up to serration rank 10 levels) and just naturally give players the Redirection Rank 10, Steel Fiber Rank 10, and Vitality Rank 10 increase over time.  I don't really recommend the other mods commonly used since the corrupted mods affect those stats as well.  That way you aren't really sacrificing those mods either and it allows for more customizing of builds.  Just one of my opinions though, so don't really count on it as fact.

Edited by ScarWDBone13

Yes, I know the 10 was lowered to 8 because the ability cards were removed. But since they were removed, builds for warframes became more crammed together, like for the Nova build im using, I dont have space for a redirection or vitality or any utility mod.

So your Nova build prior to this change only had one ability or no abilities equipped?

To clarify, yes two slots were removed from the style of old but at the same time it wasn't an absolute loss.  If any player ran a frame with two out of their four abilities left on, that player has had no direct changes to their build.  Instead they simply have the same build, but with access to the two abilities they had left off before.  If a player used three of their abilities, they have actually gained an additonal mod slot for their builds.  If a player used all four of their abilities on a build, that player has gained two slots for their builds.

By contrast of course, any player who had a build that only utilized one ability has lost one slot.  Lastly, this means that any player who ran a frame build with literally no ability mods has lost two slots on those builds.

All in all, it was a very very fair trade off to have been made to the system.  Given the current pool of "useful" mods that exist, there's no good reason to add any additional mod slots of any variety.  This last part is of course my own opinion on the matter.  All adding slots now accomplishes is just letting folks have needlessly increased build power, which isn't something we need at current.

So your Nova build prior to this change only had one ability or no abilities equipped?

I didnt use Nova before the update, but I imagine that my build will be the same.... It'll use the 8 current mods I have equipped, + molecular prime and a redirection... So yes, if I had Nova before the update. she'll have only one ability mod on her.  

Aument tab for primes =)

Or 2 more aditional slots for primes

Same for prime weapons :P

Cool idea, but that'll force players to use prime gear. 

so in the end it'll just give primes a power creep advantage... I'm gonna say no to that idea

Edited by (XB1)LexaHex488

With The release of augment mods, lots of people have been wanting more slots or specific slots for augment mods. 

Maybe we should get the 10 slot layout back, so players who want more slots for their augment mods can have more slots. And players who want more complex builds can rejoice.

Powercreep is the issue here. If you were asking for 1 augment slot that was limited to only containing augments i would say, yeah sure, but an extra 2 slots is way more then we need. We need 1 augment slot. And if we want to put on two then thats a sacrifice that the player will be willing to make. I have a frost that i run no health on and no sheilds on becuase i slot in two augment mods and i sluaghter in TIV with no problem. I dont understand why you cant just run nova with no health or sheilds. afterall thats what i have done and it works fine. I rarely put on health and sheild mods becuase augments are worth the sacrifice and so is the power utility. Besides at high levels we dont need the health they 1-4 shot anyways XD

I dont understand why you cant just run nova with no health or sheilds. afterall thats what i have done and it works fine. I rarely put on health and sheild mods becuase augments are worth the sacrifice and so is the power utility. Besides at high levels we dont need the health they 1-4 shot anyways XD

I can run nova without any defensive mods, I do indeed become extremely powerful, but even more fragile... 

Good point with the high levels, but then I can use that extra slot for rush, to escape enemies