Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Debate......just Kidding!

(PSN)kombatchamp

It also comes down to choice....the most simplest of things. At the end of the day we all use a device to play games. So it shouldn't matter at all.

Now before I say anything else, this is part I quoted absolutely true right here.  People should use what they like and that's that.  Players are given the option to choose the platform that is correct for them, and that is a very cool thing.  I'd been strictly a console player up till around a year ago now and while I still enjoy my consoles... there are some daunting things that I've come to notice in the change.

Again, to stress this, I don't see consoles as being an "inappropriate" choice of gaming platform.  I can glance over and see my PS4 from where I sit typing this right now.  My most recent game purchase was (dumb fun at its finest) Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires, a game which exists both on PC and on consoles.  I purchased it on console despite having a PC that, in terms of technical specs, makes the PS4 look like a novelty toy.

Again limitations arise in regards to controls. Yes pc users probably have a slight advantage, however we as humans only have 2 hands.....pc users have mouse and keyboard and many other devices they can use.

Console users have all that put into a 12 button controller. Therefore in many ways faster response as when you turn with the analog stick its instant. PC users sometimes have to scroll the mouse and therefore can make response time slightly slower.

This part of your post here is... mostly utter nonsense.  Granted, as someone with +20 years of console gaming under my belt and good thumb control, I am under the opinion that folks can aim more than well enough on a stick enough to make it comparable with a mouse.  However, console games have very limited innate sensitivity options.  There are many games where the highest sensitivity is painfully slow, Infamous:  Second Son comes to mind with its laughable "high" sensitivity setting.

As is true for most games, when I got it I immediately paused and dug into the options to set that and other things.  Upon unpausing I just wanted to facepalm.  While a thumbstick can be fine for aiming, very few games offer proper sensitivity settings without dead zones to actually allow the aiming to be properly handled.

The second part of the above quote, regarding reaction/response time is pretty much a straight lie.  There isn't any truth to what you've stated here in any realm, at all.  Part of this is due to the innately flawed design ideology that current console controllers follow as a standard.  Generally speaking here of course (as I am a claw user at times) there's a "way" of holding a current gen controller that is widely accepted as being the norm.  This being thumbs at the front, index fingers on the top shoulder button row, middle fingers on the back shoulder button row.  However, this standard grip limits response time due to the player being forced to move either their thumb from a stick or index finger down from a shoulder in order to reach a face button/d-pad.

I've seen recently that there are actually third party controllers now which actually have buttons on the back that can be used to mimic face/other button inputs.  This is something I'd hope could become the new standard for controllers as it would allow for much easier access to the inputs.

There isn't any truth or sense in saying that response times are lower on PC unique controller types.  Of course this doesn't mean controllers are bad or anything of the sort.  But saying things that aren't true is just a bad way to try and get any point across.

Warframe is obviously a next gen game. I say this because it is not available on ps3, 360. Only the other 3 as we all know. (PC, xbox one and ps4)

The only real limitation is your modem/internet speed. However the games server's do a great job of making sure the traffic is equalised so there is no noticeable lag.

To start off with the underlined, I really wish that were the case.  I really honestly do.  Warframe is played peer to peer, and on the console version you can really feel it.  I played the console version of Warframe for 470 hours (in-game listed) and you can feel the system struggling at times.  Again, this doesn't make consoles bad, but it's a lead into what I feel is a huge limitation consoles have always had.

A jarring lack of options.

Consoles just genuinely don't allow players to choose how they experience a game.  At large, games focus on glitter first and foremost, allowing preformance to suffer for its sake.  I can't tell you how often I would love to turn down the graphical settings of many a console game just so it can run with actual stability.  This most recent console generation has really driven this point home for me more than any other.  Consoles right now just aren't holding up appropriately with the level of graphical fidelity developers are trying to pump into their games.  Overall game preformance and stability on consoles right now is worse than it's ever been.

I know it'll never happen.  But man I'd kill for the option to kick the graphics of many a console game down a peg or three just to allow it to run at a stable and respectable framerate.  For me as a player, I've always held gameplay preformance to an infinitely higher level of importance when compared to shiny graphics.  Consoles don't allow for that option.

Warframe specifically though has had considerable improvements made to its console version in regards to preformance.  DE has outdone themselves in this area for sure, the game in its current state on console has come a long way from where it was at launch.  Back when entering a void was, at times, just a coin toss on whether or not you'd blue-screen out.  Back when framerates would regularly dip into the teens or worse.  All in all, they're doing a great job at pushing this game to run more smoothly on console, which is a very good thing.

Just to loop back around and focus on this again.  Everyone should use what they prefer, there is no wrong answer regarding platform preference.  It's good to have competitors vying for our gaming money since it forces each company to try and compete.  Their competition means they pump out shinier stuff, that we can then choose to buy if it catches our individual fancy.

Like you said, it's all about what someone prefers.

I was exaggerating. But I have had bad luck with PC parts in the past, namely 2 graphics cards burning out within a year of buying each one. 

Make sure you always use a nice power supply when building a PC, I've been building PCs for over 25 years and it's usually a crappy PSU that causes things to "burn out" that and improper cooling, etc.

I've always hated keyboard and mouse, and can't be assed to put together a decent PC, so consoles for me.  On the other hand if someone says PC master race and doesn't mean it as a joke (or are talking about graphics/modding) they need to be reduced to a piece of string hanging from a busted CRT as their only means of entertainment.

This thread wasn't supposed to be a discussion or bashing over pc's vs consoles. Yes I may have gotten some statements wrong and thank you to one responder for clearing that up.

What I was trying to say was that while some people prefer one over the other it doesn't matter what we use. Its a persons own preference. Given that a lot of games are now available on almost all systems, I think its fair to say we as gamers are stronger for it. The community as a whole is also very good.

Like for like, you get what you pay for.

I'd rather pay $600 NZD (launch day price) for a console that's good for approx 6 years before it starts to show its age, than pay $2600 NZD for a PC with higher stats that won't be noticable in most games because developers tend to make games to a standard for mid range PC's, not high end PC's. And despite the PC costing more than 4x the price of the console its output is only 1.4 - 2.0x of what my console is capable of.

A lot of my older games won't even run on my PC for seemingly no reason, so backwards compatibility is very limited.

I'd like to see any of the PC people here make a new PC (as in with all new parts) with the same performance as a console for the same price. It simply cant be done. Once you've payed for a PSU and a case that's over half your budget gone already.

And of course the biggest reason why I dislike PC's the OS: its slow, inefficient, unreliable, and half the time it wont even start up. Why would I support a platform that costs 4x as much and yet is barely functional. The only stable PC OS I have ever used were: ubuntu linux, and Windows XP. Everything else is trash.

People get what they asked fro. You ask for graphics, you get grphics. What you din't ask for was aesthetics, which is why you get green, gray and brown as your main colors. Graphics are also expensive and time consuming to prepare, leaving less room for everything else.

Make sure you always use a nice power supply when building a PC, I've been building PCs for over 25 years and it's usually a crappy PSU that causes things to "burn out" that and improper cooling, etc.

I had a really decent PSU but that was a couple of years ago, I'm on a laptop now. The cause was S#&$ty made cards though. In the end I opted for a new PSU and a new Gcard (Warranty claim of course) by a better company and everything was peachy up until I sold the rig,

I had a really decent PSU but that was a couple of years ago, I'm on a laptop now. The cause was S#&$ty made cards though. In the end I opted for a new PSU and a new Gcard (Warranty claim of course) by a better company and everything was peachy up until I sold the rig,

lol oops and holy crap...