Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Apate- The Frame Of Traps And Hunting (Updated Version)

xX_MAG_Xx

Warframe: Apate

Apate is a master in traps and hunting.

Abilities:

Explosive Mark (Energy cost: 25)

Marks an enemy with an explosive mark that can be detonated manualy by casting the ability again. (The second cast wont cost any energy)

Stats:

Explosive Damage: 50/100/150/200

Status Chance: 10/15/20/30

Elemental Sigil (Energy cost: 50)

Places a sigil that will detonate in explosive damage when an enemy steps on it. The sigil can be modified by elemental damage types.

Stats:

Elemental Damage Type: 100/150/225/300

Status Chance: 10/20/30/40

Camoflage (Energy Cost: 75)

Drops Apate into the ground, camoflaging her as a bump in the terrain. While camoflaged, she is always in contact with the ground. She can move over the ground, tackeling enemies, or skip big gaps by traveling over walls or even sealing.

Stats:

Duration: 10/15/20/25 seconds

Enemy Detection Chance: 20/15/10/5

Watch your back, Tenno.

Crossbow Trap (Energy cost: 25+overtime drain)

Sets a crossbow trap that targets anyone in range. The bow doesn't have a fast fire mechanic, so it has to pull back before it shoots. This charge time is effected by duration.

NOTE: The drain over time is actually the cost of the bolts, shot by the crossbow. 1 Bolt equals 2 Energy at max rank.

Stats:

Puncture Damage: 1000/1800/2600/3400

Energy per Bolt: 5/4/3/2

Range: 20/30/40/50

Pullback Time: 3/2.5/2/1.5

Alternate Abilities:

Beartrap (Energy cost: 25)

Lays down a bear trap that can deal a good amount of damage to an enemy that walks over it.

Stats:

Slash Damage: 100/125/175/200

Any level has 100% status chance

Hunting Experience (Energy cost: 25)

Hunting Experience marks all enemies on the map, in a big radius. This will also give a radiation proc to any marked enemy for 5 seconds.

NOTE: The marking is in a pulse, so when you activate it, everyone get's marked, but they will disapear when they fall out of sight of any Warframe.

Stats:

Range: 50/60/70/80 m

Augment Mods:

Stunning Detection

Hunting Experience Augment

Stuns all the detected enemies for as long as they'r marked on the map.

Infective Mark

Explosive Mark Augment

When an enemy is marked by Explosive Mark, the ability will infect other enemies that are near the marked enemy. When the marked enemy explodes, the infectation will also explode, resulting in a explosion 1/10, 1/5, 1/3 or the same as the marked enemy. The infection explosion results are depended by augment rank.

Mod Results:

Range:

Range mods will benefit all of the abilities.

Increasing the explosion radius of Explosive Mark and Elemental Sigil, while effecting the detection range of Hunting Experience, and the shot range of Crossbow Trap.

Strength:

Strength mods will increase the damage done by Explosive Mark, Elemental Sigil, and Crossbow Trap.

Duration:

Duration mods will benefit the maximum time for Explosive Mark, before it explodes, and Hunting Experience's time before detected enemies begin to disapear.

Power Efficiency:

Power Efficiency mods will benefit the cost of a bolt, shot by the Crossbow Trap, and of course the cost of all the other abilities.

Stats:

Stamina: 10

Shield: 75 (200 at max rank)

Power: 125 (300 at max rank)

Health: 120 (275 at max rank)

Armor: 65

Background Story:

Once upon a time, a Nyx was on a mission in the woods on Earth. When suddenly, the engine of her Liset stopped. She had to make an emergency landing inside the deep woods of Earth. When she landed, the Liset was heavily damaged. The damage was so bad, that the lost Nyx wasn't able to repair the Liset. Lost in the woods, she had to survive without anybody. Mastering techniques to hunt down animals, and setting traps for them, she started to develope new abilities. Then, she became Apate.

How to get Apate:

You have to start up a quest, named "Deep in the woods..." and you have to track down Apate. Finding her, bit by bit, you get interrupted by the Grineer, also hunting for Apate, to make her a member of their faction. Then a new threat arrives: Commander Trai'nat. He is helping the grineer to hunt down Apate. Defeat Trai'nat, to get the blueprint for Apate.

Summarized:

Part 1: Interception

Intercept the data of the Grineer, to get the knowledge you need to start to look for Apate.

Reward: Data Fragment

Part 2/3/4: Capture

Capture the V.I.P.'s for the parts they have of Apate.

Reward:

part 2: Apate Helmet

part 3: Apate Chassis

part 4 Apate Systems

NOTE: The rewards ARE the actual parts, not the blueprints

Part 5: Assassination

Defeat Commander Trai'nat for the part he is holding: the Blueprint.

Reward: Apate blueprint

Artwork:

Apate Helmet

Helmet_A.png

Helmet_V.png

Helmet_Z.png

Apate Body

Lichaam_CUA.png

Lichaam_CUAD.png

Lichaam_CUTD.png

Lichaam_CUV.png

Lichaam_FA.png

Lichaam_FV.png

This drawing was made by Arch111. Check out his other work under his artist title Gaber111

hekate_by_gaber111-d8tun7o.png

Tell me what you think :D

Edited by xX_MAG_Xx

Just quickly for the warframe name... You may want to check Greek mythology really quick. Otherwise everything seems to be fine.

Hope this name is better :)

It is the name of the Greek god of Deception. The names of the gods of Hunting and Traps where to girlish or to long.

Btw, How can you make spoiler things, like you see in pretty mutch every other warframe concept? Plz tell me so I can make this post better to read.

Edited by xX_MAG_Xx

i really like the crossbow ability, and all the concept.

Nice to hear. If u check in an hour or so, ill have the artwork fixed. Dont expect something really detailled though, it's just a scanned drawing of an idea I got in school during Maths. XD

Edited by xX_MAG_Xx

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm so this is a real hunter/trapper.

I do feel this should be a proper Huntress rather than a change.of an existing warframe.

The first power can do with some explaining. Damagetype, range etc.

The second, while ok, could maby have some uniqueness to it from Enemy Radar.

Third is basically a bobytrap with editable Elemental wich I find cool.

Fourth is a sentry basically. How much dmg and what type do it deal?

Edited by arch111

Hmm so this is a real hunter/trapper.

I do feel this should be a proper Huntress rather than a change.of an existing warframe.

The first power can do with some explaining. Damagetype, range etc.

The second, while ok, could maby have some uniqueness to it from Enemy Radar.

Third is basically a bobytrap with editable Elemental wich I find cool.

Fourth is a sentry basically. How much dmg and what type do it deal?

A straight turret? Could it be targetted by bots? 

Turets that only shoot, shouldnt have health. If it does something in addition to shoot, like draw aggro, then it should have 8,000-16,000 health. Similar to Chromas Effigy.

• 2 months later...

Maybe make this purely the hunting frame, the first abilities explosive mark & elemental sigil seem more tactical than the theme your implying, and the names connection to Deception wouldn't match either. Maybe Artemis, the mythology connects to hunting.

Also the crossbow trap seems awesome think of how you'd explain the ability so DE could have a better idea on how you envision it working

Maybe like Oberon you lay a field of energy that triggers it and the cross bows are deployed in limited number ( increased by mods ) in a 360 degree cast the lodges them into near by walls and surfaces.

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry to say, but I've never heard of a concept named Artemis :/. And I felt like the name connects more to the background story of Apate...

Also, this comment is mostly to get Apate a second breath of air on the Forums. Lets see what happeness :)