The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Local Modding ~

TisEric

Is it possible?

what i am referring to is the ability to say change a sound file or texture for something custom like on the source engine.

because i really like that kind of stuff it adds so much more replay-ability for me. all the games i ever played that have that feature always remained games i play to this day .. i.e. counter strike and team fortress 2.

if such function is unavailable , can i hope one day that it will be implemented or is the evolution engine just not built for that kind of thing? 

You're talking about something like Texmod, right? I'd be careful and wait for a dev response. Those programs usually work by intercepting the code as it's being run and replacing certain parts with it's own code, which is exactly how cheat engines work.

We cant do that because we dont have the required files for the evolution engine to find out what is inside the game, sorrta like how we have the source engine free for download but not the evolution engine.

You're talking about something like Texmod, right? I'd be careful and wait for a dev response. Those programs usually work by intercepting the code as it's being run and replacing certain parts with it's own code, which is exactly how cheat engines work.

This. I'm pretty sure it is a no-no.

i am not talking about injecting outside code .

very simple file replacement is all you replace say the sound that an ability makes for a new one just for fun.

texture mods i feel generally would be pointless since this is A- PvE game and B-all the enemies seek you out anyway.

but i was referring to essentially loading up a custom model just to have something look different i.e. make a minigun model for the gorgon.

i am not bringing this up for "hacking" or "Cheating" just plain ol' fun.

you'd be amazed how changing some simple things like sounds and models can fill new life into things. 

anyway i was just asking if its possible i am well aware of not doing these things before some kind of official confirmation.

https://warframe.com/eula

Article 2 points d. - i.

d.     modify, translate or create derivative works based on or utilizing the Software, Service or Software experience, or any portion thereof;

e.     remove or tamper with any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in or relating to the Software, Service or Game experience, or any portion thereof;

f.      use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software, tools or content designed to modify the Software, the Service or the Game experience;

g.     exploit the Software, the Service, the Game experience or any portion thereof for any commercial purpose, including without limitation, (i) use at a cyber cafe, computer gaming center or any other location-based site without the express written consent of Digital Extremes; (ii) for gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the Software; or © performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the Software (e.g., power-leveling and similar activities);

h.     use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, “mines”, or otherwise collects information from, within or through the Software or Service, including without limitation, any software that reads areas of RAM used by the Software to store information about a character, in-game items or the Software environment; provided, however, that Digital Extremes may, in its sole discretion, allow the use of specified third party user interfaces;

i.      modify, or allow or cause to be modified, any files that are a part of the Software in any way not expressly authorized by Digital Extremes in writing in each instance;