The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Revert Air Melee Slam Attack Behavior

RealPandemonium

The change is a pure loss of functionality, with no gain.  

This.

why not make far slamming a toggleable option in the settings menu? It would keep both parties happy.

This.

It really wasn't ever an issue; you would never slam if you didn't hold the melee button down.  Tap to launch, hold to launch into a slam.  Looking down would always initiate a straight-down ground slam regardless of whether you tapped or held the button.  This change literally added nothing to the game.

And this.

Make a "Glide Slam" toggle in the control options please.

They have mentioned bringing back charge attacks, so this could be tied to groundwork for those coming soon(ish?), but as is, there is no benefit to removing what was a very useful feature.

Ha at least some good news)

It was a pretty, if a bit janky, animation, going from mid-air swing to ground slam.  While I think the mid-air swing actually did nothing the intent was always the ground slam.  As long as I can still consistently pull off the ground slam this seems a harmless change.

I would be all for removing coptering.  The benefit of it is moving fast but at a ridiculous rate and distance.  I wont argue it here since it's been debated to death and DE keeps it in because anything that trivializes gameplay is embraced by the majority of the playerbase that DE couldn't do anything about it now if they wanted to.

This fix is really killing my maneuverability. I keep overshooting ledges and taking excess damage when trying to close the gap on enemies that would be dead if glide slamming were still possible. Melee is losing a lot of it's playability which doesn't make a lot of sense since this is a ninja based game. This "fix" was a poor decision.