Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Gorgon Vs Grinlok

Roasting

Question

5 answers to this question

It comes down to play style with those. Do you want an accurate lever action rifle that has a decent critical chance, and insane status chance (Grinlok), or an MG that is full auto, has a decent crit chance, but has low accuracy (Prisma Gorgon).

I prefer the Grinlok since I love using bolt actions (or in this case lever actions) without scopes in games.

To say which is better you'd have to have a metric of something they both do that could be compared but I would never use these two weapons in the same way or for the same reasons and nothing forces us to choose between owning one or the other.

Grinlok is one of the hidden gem weapons of Warframe, but only works for a marksman playstyle.

Edit: Grinlok should not equip the +120% Impact mod. The damage distribution isn't weighted heavily enough in that direction.

Prisma Gorgon is an okay alternate if you can't get a hold of something better.

Edit: For that matter, Prisma Gorgon shouldn't use that mod either. It even has the percentages for it to be a benefit, but Impact damage is terrible against everything but corpus, and then only as a 4th element... and the Prisma Gorgon requires the crit mods, so there's no room.

The only thing that should be using the impact mod is an impact heavy non-crit weapon, preferably with decent status rate.

Edited by Darzk

I feel like this thread is comparing a fruit and a vegetable. I think it mainly comes down to which weapon type you prefer using. Grinlok is more marksman-y or a status beast whereas Prisma has minigun bullet rain with a pretty decent crit chance.

Enthusiasts of both weapons usually enjoy each of them for their respective qualities.

Grinlok has a lot of potential to do status procs and has more reliable headshot crit damage (that it had previously) with the Perrin Sequence augment.

I hear people saying Prisma Gorgon is a good weapon and one of the better Gorgon variants.

I've personally used the Grinlok and I like it, but I prefer more dedicated sniper rifles. The only thing I'm not particularly a fan of is that it's impact and slash damage are somewhat equally distributed on the weapon, so if you you're looking for only impact  or only slash procs, then you'll find the Grinlok to be a little sporadic in that regard. Especially since I like having more "reliable" impact procs on the Vulkar.

Edited by Otenko